Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a solid DPS class (Boosting)

I'm looking for advice on a solid DPS class to boost up. Something that's mostly simple to learn since I won't have much experience in that particular class and can also solo well, as I do generally solo quite a lot (usually just timeless isle, IoT, old raids, etc). 

I'm not much of a hardcore raider, will dabble in LFR and flex but nothing higher than that... so "top DPS" at BiS isn't a huge concern for me. Also looking ahead to the Xpac as well but there's so little info available on that it's hard to know much at this stage. 

Currently I main a Warlock which I do quite enjoy but I bought the WOD xpac and got a free boost, so looking for a second toon. Been considering a Hunter, a Rogue or a Druid but I really don't have any investment in any classes (though I do enjoy being stealthy) :) So just looking for some general advice and feedback from people. Any suggestions are very welcomed! Thanks!

Comments

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

Rogue and Hunter are both solid DPS classes depending on whether you prefer melee or killing at a distance. The hunter obviously has the advantage of having a pet on hand similar to your Warlock so will probably come a little more naturally to you than a rogue. The other thing to remember with a rogue is that you really need to get the build and rotation right to get the best out of it.

I still have a L85 druid which i just haven't been able to get along with since the Pandaria changes for some reason, but each to their own.

If you have the time it may be worth levelling one of each to 30-40 and see how you get along with it in terms of playing style.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• AnslemAnslem Member CommonPosts: 215

Hi - 

I love my mage as a dps.  I primarily pvp, but I love her soloing and kiting and survival capabilities.  Like the above posted, however, druid and hunter are also viable options.  

Since you're playing a cloth class, the other two might be a good idea.  Let me know if you need any help if you choose a mage. 

Played: Ultima Online - DaoC - WoW -

• CreatorzimCreatorzim Member UncommonPosts: 274
    Warlock right now is top DPS. Also a fun class. Havent been DPS for awhile though. Was a tank for the past 2 expansions. But Lock has been pretty much the highest DPS class throughout all the expansions eventually.

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    It's definitely not the top DPS class, but I absolutely love the playstyle of Arms Warriors in PvE and PvP in WoW, since the beginning. Big hits and a huge axe, that's all I need :)

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.