Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[General Article] ArcheAge: Get Ready, Get Set… Founderize!

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

ArcheAge has some big plans for its upcoming Founder’s Pack program. For those of you in Alpha right now, you have gotten a taste of sandbox heaven with the game. Now players will get the chance to log in a little early, fly around on a glider, and lay the groundwork for their own space in the sandbox while waiting for the official launch later this year. 

Read more of Garrett Fuller's ArcheAge: Get Ready, Get Set...Founderize!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• lerwenlerwen Member UncommonPosts: 34
    wow 150 dollars for  alpha

• TalruneTalrune Member Posts: 339

Yeah I was saving money on side for this but 150 was a bit more then i though an  alpha invite would be.   Will still buy  the alpha I am sure if I can put it into my budget(yeah I do not live at home with mom,  disabled  here and a limited income so have to budget  the things I really want)

Just 150 seems a bit steep I could 99.00 as the top tier not 150. but as they say  "It is what it is"

• KbobKbob Member Posts: 81
    Cool story bro
  • aaharvey09aaharvey09 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    ts not just 150$ for alpha u are getting the extra 50$ worth of ingame stuff, Chest 30more days game time, great your own crest and 25$ worth more in coins not just alpha thats a bonus i think its totally understand able
  • ValentinelessValentineless Member Posts: 51
    yeah no need for 150$ at the moment, but i am willing to do the silver pack just for guarantee access to beta, as i already pre-order wildstar. trion trying this method to sell beta raises my eyebrow a bit, but i am not discourage to not try the game well see

• CrusadesCrusades Member Posts: 480

I think the game looks awesome and I would like to play it, but what is with this culture of people that buy alpha and beta access? 

I shake my head to this in confusion. 

Patience and appreciation have left us. 

• TbauTbau Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 401

1.0 made the game P2W, buying ways around the limits on crafting and such, no freaking way.

I can only hope that's one of the changes Japan is going to remove from their version since P2W games fail hard there and they want to retain their players because I sure know Trion wont do it.

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Would buy the silver package if the beta was 24/7, for gold package I would want alpha access. I'll be patient enough to wait for an invite in my email or till open  beta.
  • CandyCaneNJCandyCaneNJ Member UncommonPosts: 187
    $150 is a lot indeed but considering this game will be released quite awhile from now, it might be worth it to those who can afford it! Looks awesome!!
  • RebellonRebellon Member Posts: 49

The 150 is high for really just alpha and some extra stuff that really is not much. I would have preferred if they added a lion mount with the glider.

• epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394
    The perks are cool.  If the tiers were $25, $50, and 75$ I'd definitely hop on the Alpha pack, but $150 seems steep.
  • galjingaljin Member UncommonPosts: 15

For the time it have been taking them to actually launch a game that is not a trend anymore where it comes from, asking for people to pay them for this kind of thing is beyond ridiculous. 

It's offensive even. If this is their way to apologize with the community then they'd just launch the god damn game. Every single time they offer a word about anything asked, they just screw up or end up looking worse than before.

There were only 2 things Trion had to do with Archeage, that was translation and adapt it to their paying methods, nothing great at all. 

With defiance being only sub and lacking on flexibility of payment, Rift being an ugly copy of WoW and ArcheAge being announced then delayed for more than a year... Trion reached the bottom of my list of favourite game designers. 

I read more of the $150 status and it includes 90 day Patron status and crap load of credits. Seeing all the streaming on Youtube, made me excited. Anyone admit to buying this?
  • spoggosspoggos Member Posts: 7
    I think I probably laughed more than I should with this response aimed at the guy saying he's disabled and everything.
  • ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    No way would I ever pay $150 founders for this. In today's economy who as $150 to upfront for a game ? Even if I had the money I still wouldn't do it.. 
  • KoroshiyaKoroshiya Member UncommonPosts: 265

HAHAHA first they release it on Massively and for the 150 pack you got 15k credits.  Now they hear the backlash and complaining on their forums and instead of lowing the price they instead REMOVE 3.5 k of Credits from the 150 pack and lower it to 11.5.  Christ this company is out of touch beyond reality.

GG's Trion.  You just made sure Mail.ru keeps my money long after your carebear version shits the bed.

“The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off , why should I. Light up the darkness” – Bob Marley

Originally posted by spoggos
    I think I probably laughed more than I should with this response aimed at the guy saying he's disabled and everything.

Why would a person being on disability (he/she is not on disability for nothing). make you laugh? What's funny about it? I'm on disability myself in fact.

• JuaksJuaks Member UncommonPosts: 271

I was eager to buy a founders pack, but 150 it's too ambitious for a game already delayed like no other.

I'll wait for open beta. Plenty of other games to play while I wait.

• alancodealancode Member UncommonPosts: 163
    I just spent 150 no questions asked. I played the game in russia. I love it! I got money! I spend it on what i want!

(-_-)

• TalruneTalrune Member Posts: 339
    Yeah I will too just have to wait a week not a big deal  I guess just was making a point 150 was a bit steep a 100 i could see.  But then again I did pay 100 for Landmark and love it as well.

Downloading the alpha+beta pack as I speak. If it's a pile of poo, I will try to see if I can get a refund. If not, lesson learned on jumping the gun.

I had extra $ saved up this month, so I decided to take a chance. I will see in a week or so if I regret it lol.

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195
    Originally posted by CandyCaneNJ
    Originally posted by spoggos

Why would a person being on disability (he/she is not on disability for nothing). make you laugh? What's funny about it? I'm on disability myself in fact.

He was saying that he laughed at the response from Kbob , whose only contribution to the thread was the moronic and much overused phrase "cool story bro". Probably as an attempt to seem cool himself and compensate for the fact that it was 100x more interesting than any of his own personal pitfalls.

In the past , If I  verbally stand up for someone or respond to asinine statements on this forum ,  I'm the one who gets a warning or temp ban. So warn or ban away I guess.

As far as the founder packages. It's been said..they are a bit on the deep side of the money pool. I'll just have to see when the time comes whether I can jump in and swim. Money is scarce for now because..well... my "cool story" is I am limited right now to part time work as I take care of my disabled mother in her twilight years.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    HAHAH mother f#&k these guys. They're out of their mind.  Anybody who buys in on this is the type to pay 25k for vampire bites in ESO.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by lerwen
    wow 150 dollars for  alpha

That is exactly how I felt.

:-(

• ShephardShephard Member Posts: 69
    Originally posted by Koroshiya

HAHAHA first they release it on Massively and for the 150 pack you got 15k credits.  Now they hear the backlash and complaining on their forums and instead of lowing the price they instead REMOVE 3.5 k of Credits from the 150 pack and lower it to 11.5.  Christ this company is out of touch beyond reality.

GG's Trion.  You just made sure Mail.ru keeps my money long after your carebear version shits the bed.

That is a good point, didn't even notice that.  Shady stuff.