Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Francis quits Elder Scrolls Online.

Comments

• ropeniceropenice Member UncommonPosts: 588
    Originally posted by Wingeye

what i laugh at is how broken buggy games on release has become the norm,

and people accept it and even defend the pile of ****

have to put at least the moneys worth of effort to defeding it no matter how bad the purchase was?

Not a new phenomenon. Plus some recent games were pretty well developed before launch. I could be wrong as I haven't played many of the new games at launch, but seemed GW2 and FF were praised for good launches. Anyway seems more like Zens inexperience at mmo's showing.

• Hmmm I wonder how many people simply can't read and got the imperial edtion to play any race for any alliance. It was for pre-orders. Lets spew more nonsense everyone.
  • InnkwellInnkwell Member Posts: 59

I'm starting to realize that the majority of you have never played mmo's in your past....

The first time I played an mmo and for the first few years I was also like "wtf, why do these 'mmos' always get released  incomplete??!!"

Coming from mostly single players rpg's it took me those first few years to wrap my head around what a complex project a massive multiplayer online game takes to be 100% complete and bug free. even if I don't agree with it, I understand it enough to not slam the game and call it a giant pile of shit.... when EVERY other mmo has been release d w/ the same level of mishaps if not more.

I get that people are butt hurt that it has bugs... but seriously 

GET OVER IT, THIS WILL NOT CHANGE ... PROBABLY EVER.

IT HAS BEEN THIS WAY W/ MMOS FROM THE BEGINNING AND MAYBE THE FIRST ONES RUINED IT BY PAVING THAT PATH.

If bugs bother you that much, go play a different genre... your attempts to bash the game when its as good if not better then several other titles out now in the same genre is laughable and really makes the majority of you look pathetic. 

• HarafnirHarafnir Member UncommonPosts: 1,350
    Yup, that is your average WOW player alright. "Hi, I am an MMO veteran, cause I have played WoW since second year it was out! Let me share my immense MMO knowledge, while having a heart attack"

"This is not a game to be tossed aside lightly.
    It should be thrown with great force"

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

worth the watch made me lol

never bought the game never intend to the pay wall was too high and smelt of dung.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Originally posted by Creslin321
    Originally posted by nitefly

Originally posted by Swids2010
    He always makes me laugh too. But he makes a very good point towards the end he's not mad they made a shitty MMO he's mad they made the worst elder scrolls game so far.

I like Francis, I like that he always gets a really good observation in there with all his (pretend) ranting and raving.

There is no doubt, that the gem in this particular video is the sad ending where he highlights the actual sin of Elder Scrolls: Online in his view, namely that it doesn't live up to the proud name of "Elder Scrolls" that Morrowind, Oblivion, Daggerfall, and to some extent Skyrim established.

Have you noticed that it's always the "latest" of the single player Elder Scrolls games that people seem to consistently consider to be the "bad one," while revering all previous entries?

Like I remember before Skyrim came out, Oblivion was the "bad" ES game.  It was generic, it didn't have the alien feel of Morrowwind etc. etc.

Now that Skyrim is out, Oblivion has been enshrined in the hall of legends, and Skyrim is the "bad" ES game. 

Wait...huh?  Skyrim is the bad ES game - since when?  Where are people calling Skyrim the bad ES game?   Skyrim is still one of the most played games.   It is one of the most active Stream communities, and it still has tons of people streaming it daily on Twitch - for a game nearly 3 years old...a single player game at that, and an RPG, that is awesome.   

I still play it myself.   Still running my mage, and a couple of her followers on adventures.   :)   

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by gwei1984

I dont really get those youtube-starlets. They are all a blueprint of each other. Everyone has the same style of ranting and angry speaking. Hell, they even try to copy their accents, while getting angry^^

It may be fun the first few times to hear them destroy a game, but doing this every other week and for nearly every other game?

It gets stale. And to be honest, this guy is not one of the better ones.

Trust me, people are laughing AT HIM.  Nothing more.

You make me like charity

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    Originally posted by ropenice
    Originally posted by Wingeye

what i laugh at is how broken buggy games on release has become the norm,

and people accept it and even defend the pile of ****

have to put at least the moneys worth of effort to defeding it no matter how bad the purchase was?

Not a new phenomenon. Plus some recent games were pretty well developed before launch. I could be wrong as I haven't played many of the new games at launch, but seemed GW2 and FF were praised for good launches. Anyway seems more like Zens inexperience at mmo's showing.

FF launch was so good that they did it twice :P

• MuppetierMuppetier Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Never heard of him but he has made some quite entertainig videos. Cartman, wow, windows 8, quite funny rants.
  • BetaBlockaBetaBlocka Member Posts: 222
    I watched the Francis video...was very funny. I also just watched the AJ review.

Two things I see stated on this site all the time are how amazing the graphics are and how amazing the questing is....wtf?!?!?

The graphics are, as AJ says, passable but nothing amazing.

The questing? Lol wtf...those bosses that do and say nothing...they drop nothing...2 gold ha ha ha ha....

The questing and rewards in ESO look to be some of the most uninspired and boring I have EVER seen....talk about anti climactic.

So glad I gave it a miss.
  • modusmodus Member UncommonPosts: 69
    Originally posted by Mothanos

[mod edit]

ESO is still in the process of builing the game, if you do not have patience then o/ have fun bb.
    There are many things that might be anoying or facepalm atm, but i play mmo's for the long run not for 1 month to hop to the next "failure" as no mmo is good enough these days.

If they are still in process of building game, it should not have been released yet.  I did not buy as in several months of weekend betas, there were too many serious bugs that were not fixed.

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915

I would rather watch flies do the kinky caboodle.

A scholar and a gentleman.

Sad times.

• SmellyNannerSmellyNanner Member Posts: 152
    Who the fuck cares
  • DatawarlockDatawarlock Member Posts: 338
    Originally posted by bartoni33

GOD DAMN IT!

This is why I don't click on Youtube links. Fucker. That was STUPID! Do people actually watch that crap?  Holy shit that was actually embarrassing. I feel dirty now. Would you watch 2 retarded people fight each other? Or watch a blind person try to walk through a small clear path with broken glass all around? That was the same thing. Poor guy. Someone should tell his caretaker about this. What people find entertaining these days. I blame Jackass. Fucking internet.

Yes.

And I'd laugh my ass off too. I've always said they should host the special olympics on comedy central, but nobody listens to me >.>

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

Elder Scrolls Buggy Mcbuggertons Bughouse.  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

+1

I cancelled as well.  I'll wait until they fix their shit before I return. I've had it. I was having email correspondence with a GM until I ran into this:

----------------------------

This is the mail system at host mailrelay01.zos.atl.nexxphase.net.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
    be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
    delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<[email protected]

> (expanded from
        <ESO_Help@helpmail.elderscrollsonline.com>): host
        filtervipmw15.rightnowtech.com[74.117.203.216] said: 554 Service
        unavailable; Client host [mailrelay01.zos.atl.nexxphase.net] blocked by
        rbl.int.rightnowtech.com; http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/query/SBL220319 (in
        reply to RCPT TO command)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; [email protected]
    Original-Recipient: rfc822;ESO_Help@helpmail.elderscrollsonline.com
    Action: failed
    Remote-MTA: dns; filtervipmw15.rightnowtech.com
    Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 554 Service unavailable; Client host
        [mailrelay01.zos.atl.nexxphase.net] blocked by rbl.int.rightnowtech.com;
        http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/query/SBL220319
    ----------------------------------------
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

For the people who reached this page and are still not in the know, Francis is a character developed by Youtuber boogie2988, or Steven Williams IRL. As a character, Francis is a reflection of the rage produced by the videogaming community (although he features in videos outside videogaming too). See the hateful forum posts here, at the TESO forum, or just about anywhere you go that allows for user feedback? That's Francis.

Visit his channel, and you'll find A LOT of Francis rage videos. He also makes serious ones and he's a very reasonable and calm guy actually. I'm subscribed to him mainly for the kicks I get watching him as Francis.

• GravehillGravehill Member Posts: 95
    Originally posted by Instigator-Jones
    A ranting, quintessential vision of what non-gamers think of gamers. 

That's the joke.

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Originally posted by bmw66

My view is this:

Don't like it.........then don't play it.  Everybody's taste is different.  Why is there always a need to rant.

If you like it........then continue playing it.  Have fun.

Everyone want to be a youtube "star"......pathetic.  

If only we had this type of rational logic on this site.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by Creslin321
    Originally posted by nitefly

Originally posted by Swids2010
    He always makes me laugh too. But he makes a very good point towards the end he's not mad they made a shitty MMO he's mad they made the worst elder scrolls game so far.

I like Francis, I like that he always gets a really good observation in there with all his (pretend) ranting and raving.

There is no doubt, that the gem in this particular video is the sad ending where he highlights the actual sin of Elder Scrolls: Online in his view, namely that it doesn't live up to the proud name of "Elder Scrolls" that Morrowind, Oblivion, Daggerfall, and to some extent Skyrim established.

Have you noticed that it's always the "latest" of the single player Elder Scrolls games that people seem to consistently consider to be the "bad one," while revering all previous entries?

Like I remember before Skyrim came out, Oblivion was the "bad" ES game.  It was generic, it didn't have the alien feel of Morrowwind etc. etc.

Now that Skyrim is out, Oblivion has been enshrined in the hall of legends, and Skyrim is the "bad" ES game. 

That is pretty much how I see a select group of the player base.  It would be great if we could see how a player approves of a game over time. Like how some guys has 2000+ hours in wow, but now the game totally sucks (Not talking about expansion changes here).

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

"Guys, stop voicing displeasure about companies that sell unfinished or dishonest product to the masses and gross millions. Keep lubing your nether parts and taking it like us drones.  Resistance is futile.  Don't spread the word. Shh.  Be vewy vewy quiet."
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • hatefulpeacehatefulpeace Member UncommonPosts: 621
    Originally posted by Otakun

First Angry Joe then Yahtzee and now Francis ... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnCIW7JwnVI

The only thing i find funny about that post, is that fat guy puts so much energy into the video. I am not sure how he manages to keep all that weight on. But this video is funnier, than being overly excited about ESO. 

After watching your video though, I can never post anything angry at a mmo. I will see that fat guy, and all i will see in minds eye, is that fat guy being way to zealous about a video game. I dont even know if I can take video games seriously now, knowing there is some one like that. 

• hatefulpeacehatefulpeace Member UncommonPosts: 621
    [mod edit]
    [mod edit]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • BcudaBcuda Member UncommonPosts: 164
    I Agree with everything Francis did and said except for the Johnny Depp poster...  Thats just wrong
  • BcudaBcuda Member UncommonPosts: 164
    I'm guessing France