Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal Online - Pay to Win

Comments

• LizardEgyptLizardEgypt Member UncommonPosts: 333
    I love that MO is the same as Darkfall in which they were both nearly unplayable games with 90% of their gameplay being the forums and drama

Currently playing - FF14ARR
    Previous games - SWG, World of Warcraft, ShadowBane, Warhammer, Age of Conan, Darkfall, Planetside Asheron's Call, Everquest, Everquest 2, Too many.

• diphlingdiphling Member Posts: 13

One of the greatest qualities of the internet is that people are freely allowed to say what they would like. One of the worst qualities is that it allows people to freely lie, and sadly sometimes people load into the bandwagon from something they heard.

I hope that one day you will be able to tackle your inner demons which are seemingly forcing your obsessions.

• CaptainObviousCaptainObvious Member UncommonPosts: 43
    Diph unlike the Mortal forums everything that is posted against you will not be deleted here. Unfortunately due to strict moderation on the MO forums everything that is posted there about Diph is promptly removed.

I guess however when he came into a public lobby in MOs Team speak and began a race hate rant in front of multiple people SV could not exactly let it slide. He has had his administration rights removed.

I still think this is a rather lax stance on the whole thing but at least it's a start.
    Hopefully Star Vault will eventually see the error of their ways. Which is trying to please certain individuals over the masses.

It is my hope that they will hire some professional mods and GM staff when the game hits Steam. If it does. That way a lot of its problems will be solved. They just need to splash out in the first instance and spend some money.

There was a decision a few days ago (before the time you claim), to restructure the public teamspeak. to where there would be no server admins except for official staff, with all players who would be moderating would do so in their own channels.

Source:

[quote="Demtri, post: 1710382, member: 180995"]All:

We will be doing some changes over the Teamspeak in the next few weeks.

This will help us. Going forward. You can request your guild channel now.

[/quote]

No single player has server admin anymore, and this was an isolated occurrence decided many days ago from what you are claiming. 

For the sake of fairness, I would like for you to provide actual evidence for anything you have said in this thread. So far it has just been your anecdotal account, for everything. 

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338
    Originally posted by diphling

We bought it from another guild and it had increased HP. 

Edit: As stated, it was possible to raise HP to 26m in the past. 

It was possible _2 years ago_.

FACT:  2 years ago AQ had a keep 20+ mil HP.

FACT:  When the keep HP changes went into effect, SV lowered the keep HP of every keep in game to reflect this change (again, 2 years ago).

You joined MMORPG to derail honest discussions as you are obviously way off topic in your posts.  The only way ANY guild got 26 mil HP is with a building bug that had to occur AFTER they had already fixed the problem.  SV had set a precedent by lowering keep HP in the past, and if they were honest and true to their words, they would have continued to lower keep HP of all bugged buildings.

Its that simple.

If only it was an honest discussion.

Firstly, Everything said in regards to your keep is fact. Anyone can look back over MOs history and posts to see when the systems which you claim were used were taken out of the game. The previous owners have testified to the fact that the keep should not have the hp it does now.

There is no possible LEGIT way for your keep to have that health. Please provide proof to the contrary.

Secondly when I am back from work I will be happy to provide the proof of your removal from TS admin and the reason for why it happened.

Sorry but I have absolutely no reason to prove anything to you. If you are going to make wild statements, it is up to you to provide proof. I am just here in this thread to hopefully open eyes that not everything you read on the internet is true :).
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910
    Originally posted by Magos1985
    Originally posted by Dakeru
    Originally posted by Magos1985
    OP is just referring to a bug that has to do with buildings at the moment. The devs/gm's cant do anything about it until the system gets remade with tc revamp patch. Anyone that owns a keep can do this and theres nothing gm's can really do about it for now. But please continue the propaganda train OP. Its sickening ppl like u flame a game so hard that u paid for and play for like 4 years. Why not have some respect for something u invested 4 years of ur life on.

Yeah the game is  well known for bugs and GM corruption but of course we will believe you instead since you only just made your account here to tell us the truth.

well known by who? people with first hand knowledge of it? Not really... U ppl gotta understand situations come up in MO that have to b handled case by case since there has never been an mmo like it with some of the systems being very unique. So ya gm's are forced to make judgement calls. Personally I'm not much of a concpiracy guy...maybe u r and thats cool. But I played the game a long time, had a lot of encounters with bugs and gm's, and for me its just black and white stuff...one side will get their way and the other will call cheats/corruption etc.

The GMs shouldn't have to be making "judgement calls" to decide these things.  That's the worst possible way to manage anything involving a thousand people.  For example, this keep that is the topic of discussion.  Either Keeps can have 16M hp, or they can't.  If a GM has to keep coming by and modifying the keep's hp outside of the game's built in rules, then something is wrong with the game

And yes, many of these things are people with first hand knowledge of the game and people who have played the game for longer than a day or so.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• monaroqmonaroq Member Posts: 5

I agree its sad that manual intervention is required to address these "errors" if you want to call them that but unlike magos stated the GMs CAN modify keep HP and they have said they dont want to even tho it completely ruins game balance.  Much like they find exploiters but under pressure from them decide not to punish them and screw over a host of other players.  I could name 5 such incidents that all went in favour of one player group.

Whilst this manual intervention constantly flows in one direction the game will continue to fail.  Sadly the game has the potential to be brilliant but is ruined by corrupt GMs, guild leaders that donate cash for favors and many failed ingame systems.

Sad indeed as Henrick only needs to fire Discord and so many players would come back, they could double their playerbase in a matter of weeks.

If any other game developer could replicate this game but do it in an open, and honest way whilst having less bugs it would be a hit.  Sadly it seems an impossible task.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    Sorry but I have absolutely no reason to prove anything to you. If you are going to make wild statements, it is up to you to provide proof. I am just here in this thread to hopefully open eyes that not everything you read on the internet is true :).

Yes, it is up to you to prove that the keep's HP is not a bug or exploit, since it's a fact that it's no longer possible nor should it be that high. So far you've been calling people for liars left and right without actually providing any proof on your own. But to be fair, there's no actual need for that, as your last message speaks volume alone. I've had enough of that bullshit on SV forums, it ain't fooling anyone anymore. 

Originally posted by Toferio

Yes, it is up to you to prove that the keep's HP is not a bug or exploit, since it's a fact that it's no longer possible nor should it be that high. So far you've been calling people for liars left and right without actually providing any proof on your own. But to be fair, there's no actual need for that, as your last message speaks volume alone. I've had enough of that bullshit on SV forums, it ain't fooling anyone anymore. 

Unless the Keep's status is explained by the rules that are built into the game, or the Keep's unique status outside of the game's rules and mechanics is clearly explained by the moderators, something is very wrong with this game.  I'm trying to think of an MMORPG where a single group of players has a status that is not only unique, but imparts a competitive advantage outside of the game's known rules which cannot be clearly explained and I cannot think of even one.

It's no wonder MO struggles so hard to get people to play the game.  Imagine how hard it would be to get people to play WoW if one guild per server had gear that was substantially better than any other guild and Blizzard did not explain why that guild had the competitive advantage or unique status.  That one guild would achieve things in PvE and PvP in time frames that no other players could match.  No, people start playing WoW and most other MMORPGs and they realize that if they put in the effort, they will get the rewards that other players have gotten.  Eve Online works just as well for this example.  Put in the time, and probably money, and your corporation can build itself enough to challenge any other corporation on the server.  As of right now, it doesn't look like Mortal Online follows this philosophy.  Something is very wrong with this game.

Unless of course this has all been made up and this Keep with the extra HP doesn't exist.  Then something might still be very wrong with Mortal Online, but it's probably something like new players getting stuck in a wall, and other players coming along and killing them.  Stuff like that.  :-)

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

Seems to me if you tore the thing down that might solve the problem.

Maybe bring more boulders?  I'd say somewhere along the lines of 63% more.

But then the problem is you have to actually stand outside of it and throw boulders at it.  And thats the hard part isn't it.

Although i'm personally all for the GUTS keep superiority.  From my time in MO I know GUTS was one of the very very few guilds I ran into that wasn't full of people I despised.  Good folks they were indeed.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Originally posted by Ramanadjinn

Although i'm personally all for the GUTS keep superiority.  From my time in MO I know GUTS was one of the very very few guilds I ran into that wasn't full of people I despised.  Good folks they were indeed.

Yes.  In a FFA PvP Full Loot Sandbox game it's OK for one group to have an edge granted by the GMs because we like them...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Yes.  In a FFA PvP Full Loot Sandbox game it's OK for one group to have an edge granted by the GMs because we like them...

Sort of yes.

But it is less about how much I like GUTS and more about how much I dislike the other guys.

Still, you pretty much captured the spirit of it.

Maybe the devs are more like me and less like you.  That would be one explanation.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Sort of yes.

But it is less about how much I like GUTS and more about how much I dislike the other guys.

Still, you pretty much captured the spirit of it.

Maybe the devs are more like me and less like you.  That would be one explanation.

Yes I think we can agree on that and I think it perfectly crystalizes how some players can accept blatant cheating or shady business practices because it helped (or didn't hurt) "their guys".  In my book, giving one group of players an advantage in a FFA Full Loot PvP game is an absolute joke.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

I guess something struck a cord because Diphrael and Guts have sold their keep. I guess they could not handle the pressure.

We sold it because there is a lul in the game, and we are returning to our old guild philosophy. 

People have been banging the war drums for almost a year and a half saying they were going to destroy my guild and keep- no one has ever been capable. You and your guild of all people certainly weren't going to be the ones to do it. 

Deal with it. 

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636

We sold it because there is a lul in the game, and we are returning to our old guild philosophy. 

People have been banging the war drums for almost a year and a half saying they were going to destroy my guild and keep- no one has ever been capable. You and your guild of all people certainly weren't going to be the ones to do it. 

Deal with it. 

From reading this thread, it would seem to me that inexplicably having 10mil more HP than other keeps has something to do with that... Not sure beating your chest over it is really justified.

People tried to deal with it. SV deleted posts and refused to correct it.

Still.. Interesting timing for a "change in guild philosophy". Everything's fine all this time. An issue is raised about the fact that your keep has 10 million more HP than should be possible, despite having had less for previous owners... Things get heated, and all of a sudden "I think we need a change of guild philosophy and sell off our keep!". Quite convenient.

Originally posted by TangentPoint

Deal with it. 

From reading this thread, it would seem to me that inexplicably having 10mil more HP than other keeps has something to do with that... Not sure beating your chest over it is really justified.

Still.. Interesting timing for a "change in guild philosophy". Everything's fine all this time. An issue is raised about the fact that your keep has 10 million more HP than should be possible, despite having had less for previous owners... Things get heated, and all of a sudden "I think we need a change of guild philosophy and sell off our keep!". Quite convenient.

The fact is the keep did not have the standard HP when we bought it. That is a flat out lie that is being spread around to try and justify lowering the HP. If you repeat a lie enough, people will start to believe it. How the hell would CaptainObvious know anyway, he quit the game over a year ago when his guild was destroyed. Do not believe everything you read.

The reason our keep wasn't destroyed was due to server politics and guild strengths. There was a large server war last October where people tried to siege one of our 16m HP coalition keeps and the other enemy alliance failed, so that "26m HP" theory is untrue.

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300

The fact is the keep did not have the standard HP when we bought it. That is a flat out lie that is being spread around to try and justify lowering the HP. If you repeat a lie enough, people will start to believe it. How the hell would CaptainObvious know anyway, he quit the game over a year ago when his guild was destroyed. Do not believe everything you read.

The reason our keep wasn't destroyed was due to server politics and guild strengths. There was a large server war last October where people tried to siege one of our 16m HP coalition keeps and the other enemy alliance failed, so that "26m HP" theory is untrue.

The fact that they deleted every thread/ post regarding the specific keep instead of posting the truth about it, makes me believe the other side. The fact that SV showed favoritism towards certain guilds and individuals in the past makes me believe that they re doing it again. The fact that  you are donating money to them to get any sort of favoritism proves the lack of quality that goes with  SV all those years. 

Even if you bought the keep with 26 million hp Sv should have lowered the value when they changed the mechanic that was allowing building keeps with more HP instead of refusing to do so and being rude and offesnsive towards their playerbase just to give you a non balanced game experience. Your opposite side didnt had to spread lies to get SV to lower the HP of your keep either way. They were obligated to do so. I dont play the game and also i dont believe anything i read. But having an idea on how Sv operates regarding MO and also having a clue on who you are and how you act within MO and official MO forums, i chose to believe that you are the liar in this case. So pls stop repeating yourself without throwing any proofs to backup your statements. Thank you.

Deal with it. 

There has still been no explanation as to why the keep has the additional HP, which doesn't seem possible for any other keep.

There isn't anything about this situation that doesn't say that there are serious problems with this game.

• YoungCaesarYoungCaesar Member UncommonPosts: 326
    Originally posted by lizardbones

Deal with it. 

There has still been no explanation as to why the keep has the additional HP, which doesn't seem possible for any other keep.

There isn't anything about this situation that doesn't say that there are serious problems with this game.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/lower-kuzen-s-keep-hp.99891/

"STFU. This keep was blessed by Lord Kuzen himself long time ago. No need to talk about it any longer."

This explains it all, we can move along now.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.