Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Already getting bored of this game.............

...............and im not even lv10 yet.

I want to like this game, as something else to enjoy many hours in for an online game, other than just old Wow.    SWTOR fell flat, so did Rift,   and GW2.   

Something just feels blah with game.  Not sure if its the Tera-style combat control, or just the world environments feel bland.   The game does have some good qualities tho, dont get me wrong.    But another big turn off for me is no AH.   But it is cool to level all the professions and how huge the world is. 

All in All, just saying my 2 cents, if someone really enjoys ESO, more power to them, I might still try the game but at this rate I will probs cancel my sub before the 1st month ends. 

P.S.   Actually just started GW2 again, on my ranger,  GW2, imo, is prob one of the few better alternative mmos to check out other than Wow.   To me, it plays better than ESO and least has an server economy, AH, and trade.   Plus the worlds dont look so drab and same-ish.  

P.P.S.  Also think Wildstar, at the very least will be the new, better GW2/Classic Wow epicness.

Tbe Repopulation will be what SWTOR shouldve been.

Comments

• tharkthark Member UncommonPosts: 1,188
    Originally posted by Paddyspub

I want to like this game, as something else to enjoy many hours in for an online game, other than just old Wow.    SWTOR fell flat, so did Rift,   and GW2.   

Something just feels blah with game.  Not sure if its the Tera-style combat control, or just the world environments feel bland.   The game does have some good qualities tho, dont get me wrong.    But another big turn off for me is no AH.   But it is cool to level all the professions and how huge the world is. 

All in All, just saying my 2 cents, if someone really enjoys ESO, more power to them, I might still try the game but at this rate I will probs cancel my sub before the 1st month ends. 

P.S.   Actually just started GW2 again, on my ranger,  GW2, imo, is prob one of the few better alternative mmos to check out other than Wow.   To me, it plays better than ESO and least has an server economy, AH, and trade.   Plus the worlds dont look so drab and same-ish.  

P.P.S.  Also think Wildstar, at the very least will be the new, better GW2/Classic Wow epicness.

1. There is a AH (Guild Auction)...and ESO most certainly has economy and trade, and with no GLOBAL AH it will have a much BETTER economy than GW2, With a global auction house all prices will be at it lowest and you will end up with NO trade at all..plus everyone will run around in the best gear and crafting will be useless.

So sorry the game that has no trade is more likely to be GW2

2 Did you ever stop to consider that if the World is huge as you claim , you will have much to discover since you are only lvl 10. The zones all look diffrent.

• funconfuncon Member UncommonPosts: 279
    I'm burnt out to and only lvl 11. I think I'm more drawn to colorful mmo like WoW.
  • bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

Different strokes for different folks.

I like it.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679

The quests do get more interesting later on.

You can be walking along and a wounded npc will tell you that some of his/her friends have been taken prisoner and you need to rescue them.

Sometimes there's the added task of finding one guy who went in alone and hasn't been seen since.......

Not sure how many of these kamikaze npc's there are who rush in alone, but sure seems to be a lot.

• WindamereWindamere Member UncommonPosts: 75

Like so many of us - I have already cancelled Sub and haven't played in almost a week....just ........yeah!

• ErdaErda Member UncommonPosts: 211

I definitely play this game at a slower pace than some other games out there.  So much to do, explore, craft, etc.  Personally I'm enjoying the slower pace of things but that is just me.

Good luck OP in finding something that suits you.  With WildStar around the corner, perhaps that may be more your cup of tea?  Seems most action packed, colorful, etc.  Not a bad game but really not for me.

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549
    Originally posted by bobfish

I like it.

I think you're a liar.

• LordZeikLordZeik Member UncommonPosts: 276
    People have become way too  fickle. I hope for your sake you enjoy wildstar when it comes out cause you will be waiting along time for another game to pop up. People find more reasons to hate a game than to enjoy a game. Then again that might be from all the variety out there in this day and age. Or at least the illusion of it.
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by JudgeUK

You can be walking along and a wounded npc will tell you that some of his/her friends have been taken prisoner and you need to rescue them.

Sometimes there's the added task of finding one guy who went in alone and hasn't been seen since.......

Not sure how many of these kamikaze npc's there are who rush in alone, but sure seems to be a lot.

I disagree - I've done most quests up to veteran rank 8 - out of those 1000+ quests I enjoyed about 20 of them.

The rest were forgettable.

That's what happens when you have SO many quests the vast majority are just bleh.

At least they are not all fedX or kill X of Y.  Just maybe about 50-75% of them, which is not near as a shameful display as Rift's or Lotro's quests.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    I'm playing at a really slow pace... mainly because I stopped forcing myself to log on and play. No clue what level I am but it's pretty low... sometimes you just know pretty early that a game is not for you.
  • apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Already getting bored of these sort of threads....

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429
    I jusy finished the Rivenspire quest line and thought it was very well done. By far my favorite quest series so far. That quesr line took me from 21 - 31.

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Originally posted by apocoluster
    Already getting bored of these sort of threads....

Yes, but the non-stop ESO bashing can't end. It started during beta and is still going strong. The next MMOHater's expansion is due soon, so they will likely be playing Wildstar forum bashing next. It's too bad these people can't find a game they like, I couldn't imagine living in perpetual forum hate mode.

• Dragoncline00Dragoncline00 Member Posts: 21

I am so bored of these "I am bored of this game threads"

• CoffeeBreakCoffeeBreak Member Posts: 236

I like it.

Yup.

It happens.  I think my record was Vanguard.  Got bored and uninstalled at level 2.   EQ2 I got to level 10, but my issue was that my character looked like he ran with a rod up his butt.  Something about SOE mmos.  I just sit there wondering if they devs actually think that's how people look and move.

• handlewithcarehandlewithcare Member Posts: 322
    yes go and play wildstar if you don't like ESO we don't want you there go away.
  • CetraCetra Member UncommonPosts: 359

Go play wildstar then. Then you will truly experience "boring generic quests".

At least ESO quests are fairly interesting with story and lore behind it. The main quests are very well done and have a sense of epicness to it.

• CoffeeBreakCoffeeBreak Member Posts: 236
    Originally posted by Cetra

Go play wildstar then. Then you will truly experience "boring generic quests".

At least ESO quests are fairly interesting with story and lore behind it. The main quests are very well done and have a sense of epicness to it.

Unfortunately, they will never fix ESO's biggest issues.  The lack of hoverboards and rockethouses.  And if the ESO dev's don't start making a bunch of videos that end with "the devs are listening" how are we ever going to truly know if they're listening?

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by rodingo
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by JudgeUK

I disagree - I've done most quests up to veteran rank 8 - out of those 1000+ quests I enjoyed about 20 of them.

The rest were forgettable.

That's what happens when you have SO many quests the vast majority are just bleh.

At least they are not all fedX or kill X of Y.  Just maybe about 50-75% of them, which is not near as a shameful display as Rift's or Lotro's quests.

I concur, the quests are better than most titles, especially once I got to 15 or so, and with more skills to access the combat got more fun as well.

But I won't disagree, sometimes when an NPC runs up to tell me about his or her latest problem that I have solve, i think, geez, another quest, damn.  I usually go into a public dungeon at that point and grind for some soul shards for a bit.

It's a shame that I really so burned out on quest oriented progression that I actually welcome an opportunity to mindlessly grind like a bot for relief.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    OP, judging by your comments, you did at least enjoy WoW, so Wildstar may be the one for you. Not long to wait...
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878

I like it.

This^^

• ShavaKaShavaKa Member UncommonPosts: 91

If you're comparing the combat to tera, you're mental.

If you compare ESO to any cheap slack content game - you're mental.

You have to actually use the mechanics in the game to be able to enjoy it, you just don't want to invest into the systems because it's easier to be lazy and get free stuff from cheap companies who spoon feed you baby toys and turd crumlets.

• RPGForeverRPGForever Member UncommonPosts: 131

People will never understand that MMOs are like human beings: they reach the peak of greatness at mid-age by general rule, when they have the mix of experience and youth (although there are exceptions as everything in life).

Players are in the look for novelties and they look like pleasure seekers aimed to instantaneous gratification. In my personal case I never play new released games for next reasons: 1) They are in an early stage and they will present all sort of bugs. 2) People are on the rush of getting the limited things as plots and houses and that will increase prices. 3) The content is very limited and basic. 4) The prices of the client/subscription/shop items are very high and sometimes could be not worth the money you pay.

By general rule I try a game almost exclusively about one to two years after the release and I end getting a more mature game with much more content, with less bugs, with improved interface and paying much much less than what players paid at the release days.

I have not played the game yet but I will in 2 or 3 years when the game has evolved enough to be enjoyable as I like them. If you have taken the decision of growing with the game and support it from the beginning I just ask you to be patient, the game is just starting its life, but someday will be what you expect of it and maybe more.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

But another big turn off for me is no AH.  

There is an Auction House. There are guild Auction Houses.

Join five guilds and "have at it".

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo