Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking of Playing EvE? Perhaps reconsider.

Comments

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by MauriceMacouille

I´m sorry but if you`ve been around since 2003 you know fully well that recruitment scams and the like were quasi non-existent until a couple years ago, and that before 0.0 had stabilized into goons vs everyone, being scanned while running a mission was a very rare occurence for example. Let´s not even talk about high-sec ganking, which was seldom heard of between MoO´s exploits and hulkageddon´s variations.

The communitiy has very clearly changed, and as griefing became more widespread it became more socially accepted, or the reverse, or both. To pretend otherwise is blatant lying.

I have been playing from 2003 and I know that you either have a very poor memory or havent been to much in empire from 2003 to 2008. Suicide ganks, mission herasment etc. was very common back then as well.

Personally I was suicide ganked in empire several times in that period. And if you cant remember, for example, why CCP evetlually changed remote reps to NOT work on NPC's, well, then you seem to have very selective memory.

That said I agree that the community have been smitten by Goon'ism at large making being  a griefer not only socially acceptable but a mark of honor. Fortunately it is fairly easy to find old school e-honor poeple to play with and gank those looser goons, which happens to be much more gratifying than just killing n00bs, so not all is lost.

• UmbroodUmbrood Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

EVE is, ( even though I played for many years ), the Jupiter of the MMO system.

It keeps most of the really REALLY bad things in the universe from hitting the planet were you live.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Jerek_

I wonder if you honestly even believe what you type, or if you live in a made up world of facts.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• TymorisTymoris Member UncommonPosts: 158
    Reading through this thread it makes me realize I must have been very privileged that the only bad experience i had from EvE was when a very polite pirate caught me with my pants down and ransomed me for like 4 mil and just let me go on my own merry way>.>

• MakidianMakidian Member UncommonPosts: 208
    This thread is still going ? Really ? Lol. 
  • MauriceMacouilleMauriceMacouille Member CommonPosts: 9
    Originally posted by hfztt
    Originally posted by Malcanis

My experience with EVE is that people get out of it what they put into it.

For some reason, people who spend all their time complaining about other people rarely seem to do well in EVE.

This really. EVE tends to work like a mirror. Well put!

Apart from sheer luck, or having RL pals who are already high in the New Eden foodchain, there are only two ways to be successful in EvE

- Treating it as a second job, with all that it implies

- Metagaming the hell out of it, indulging in lying, deceit, and psychological manipulation of other RL gamers

Strangely enough, none of those ways have anything to do with playful gaming.

And no, griefing/scamming was not as widespread 2003-2008 as it is now. Sorry about that. The griefer population just bred, and anyone who's not one knows this, while everyone who is, is so busy pushing the envelope of "emerging content" that they'll pretend it´s always been like that, to preemptively discredit remarks that such ways of gaming an online videogame do not belong in an online videogame, even though CCP makes bank with the general sadism and masochism of its playerbase and coddles sociopathic metagaming.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by hfztt
    Originally posted by Malcanis

My experience with EVE is that people get out of it what they put into it.

For some reason, people who spend all their time complaining about other people rarely seem to do well in EVE.

This really. EVE tends to work like a mirror. Well put!

Apart from sheer luck, or having RL pals who are already high in the New Eden foodchain, there are only two ways to be successful in EvE

- Treating it as a second job, with all that it implies

- Metagaming the hell out of it, indulging in lying, deceit, and psychological manipulation of other RL gamers

Strangely enough, none of those ways have anything to do with playful gaming.

And no, griefing/scamming was not as widespread 2003-2008 as it is now. Sorry about that. The griefer population just bred, and anyone who's not one knows this, while everyone who is, is so busy pushing the envelope of "emerging content" that they'll pretend it´s always been like that, to preemptively discredit remarks that such ways of gaming an online videogame do not belong in an online videogame, even though CCP makes bank with the general sadism and masochism of its playerbase and coddles sociopathic metagaming.

Aside from the fact this person has appeared with this thread and so far posts only here he's about as correct in what he says as the guys who in the 1990s claimed to have induced nuclear fusion using chemical processes (similar in principal to a car battery).

Also to the people claiming EVE is filled with sociopaths the 4th rule of surviving in EVE-Online (after do not fly what you cannot afford to lose, do not believe something too good to be true and be sparse with your trust of others) is do not be a dick to those around you and considering people who claim the game is filled with sociopaths are usually the ones who cannot find a group in the game I will let you guess which criteria to be declared a sociopath they themselves fulfill.

Also again to Maurice's point about what is required to be successful in the game:

-do not treat it as a second job, never have never will;

-I do not meta though I do follow it with some curiosity;

-I have fun in the game by having found a group of people I get along with very well and doing stuff with them or just talking on ts when there's nothing to do in-game. Kinda telling you only see anti-social solutions to the EVE fun question. Oh and before you ask: Wormhole PVE corp with PVP self-defense ops.

You mean Pons & Fleischmann? You´re gonna be one very sad panda in the coming years. Even universities and NASA are working on low-energy nuclear reactions.

"Surviving EvE"? I want, just as many others, play spaceships in space, not internet paranoia, because guess what, it´s only fun if you´ve got issues. While the sandbox is awesome, online sociopaths who log in with the only and express purpose of making other people mad in a videogame, deserve a restraining order and should be forbidden to come withing two clicks of an online game. Their "emerging content" has trammelized UO and made sure that most MMOs are themeparks, not sandboxes.

Your EvE experience is fascinating and it sure can be applied to the hundred of thousand people who tried this game and despised its toxic community. Well not really, because according to the EvE playerbase, they didn`t HTFU, spineless fags that they are. Playing a videogame so that everybody has fun? what kind of degeneracy is that?

Congratulations on having a cool dozen billion isk, but are you aware those are pennies to the real successful people in EvE? those whose only interest is in the meta and psychological manipulation of others. But then, if you have fun speaking on TS when nothing happens in your WH, I guess you're successful at EvE -or at least voice comms-.

• KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 607
    Well I still play eve online, since some of the crap got fixed, but yes I admit it does have the worst gaming community in the world. I'd drop eve online like a sack of sh*t if there was a legitimate competitor in the Spaceship-mmo field, but there isn't... yet.

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

You mean Pons & Fleischmann? You´re gonna be one very sad panda in the coming years. Even universities and NASA are working on low-energy nuclear reactions.

"Surviving EvE"? I want, just as many others, play spaceships in space, not internet paranoia, because guess what, it´s only fun if you´ve got issues. While the sandbox is awesome, online sociopaths who log in with the only and express purpose of making other people mad in a videogame, deserve a restraining order and should be forbidden to come withing two clicks of an online game. Their "emerging content" has trammelized UO and made sure that most MMOs are themeparks, not sandboxes.

Your EvE experience is fascinating and it sure can be applied to the hundred of thousand people who tried this game and despised its toxic community. Well not really, because according to the EvE playerbase, they didn`t HTFU, spineless fags that they are. Playing a videogame so that everybody has fun? what kind of degeneracy is that?

Congratulations on having a cool dozen billion isk, but are you aware those are pennies to the real successful people in EvE? those whose only interest is in the meta and psychological manipulation of others. But then, if you have fun speaking on TS when nothing happens in your WH, I guess you're successful at EvE -or at least voice comms-.

Considering I am studying in the field... only muon-catalyzed fusion may be possible if they ever fix the efficiency of the reaction ( muons required during the entire process to cause fusion in the fuel, can't remember off the top of my head at this hour if it was the D-T or D-D type). And as for the universities and NASA bit: yes both partake in the field of research but between the ASDEX Upgrade, ITER,K-star, K-Demo,etc and the inertial confinement experiments in the US plus the stellarator secondaries in the EU you have an awful lot of raw information flying around (measurements take usually a few seconds each but the analysis can take years and does not always yield anything useful) and while the Skunk Works proposed a fusion reactor by 2017 and production ready by 2022... unless they discovered something truly revolutionary they are overly optimistic ( look up Edge Localized Events to get an idea of the current headache for magnetic fusion reactors and the inertial ones... well they have issues sustaining power output over any period of time by what I know ).

I was gonna say you are wrong but then I noticed you get mad because of a video game (upset ok, angry maybe, but mad? for pixels? the problem isn't the "sociopath" in that equation).

Just as many ended up leaving EQ, similar numbers left SWG, WoW has a "kill count" in the millions with much more toxic behavior after the mid 2000s, World of Tanks has hundreds if not thousands of griefers in the game on any one given server who will just flat out ruin your game for no reason (unlike EVE griefers that usually have a trigger, see IK's previous treatment of other players as an example).

And this is the actual reason you bitch, moan and complain on here trying to get people to quit EVE or not even try it: You wanted to be that "successful" in a video game though ironically enough your own definition implies you would probably be just as big a bastard (in-game) as the ones who "meta". My advice is to sit down and to realize it is a game and how you define success is not how you also define your fun (one is the goal, the other is the journey). And quite I prefer being successful on voice coms to who I was back in my 0.0 days (nearly became the sad type of individual to afk cloak in other people's systems... thank god the old version of Goonswarm plowed through Paragon Soul displacing my alliance before that happened).

That´s a lot of words to say nothing. Don't you study hard science? I thought that led to a hatred of verbosity, seems it´s not the case. And I was only talking about the very basic LENR stuff, you know, the one ignoramuses like me can read about, nickel and hydrogen. But then again, you will say it's pseudo-science until there's a commercial working reactor. Remember when the sun revolved around the earth?

Note that your version of being successful is not the one Malcanis and his buddy were referring to. I was responding to them.

EQ WoW etc nobody left those games because of griefing, which is mostly impossible in themepark MMOs, as it´s preemptively hardcoded against. Why? because devs know that online sociopaths will exploit every opportunity to make other people mad. Also, griefing in World of Tanks? how many hours of time do you lose when you get griefed in World of Tanks? exactly 0. In EvE? you could lose years of asset building in a single scam relying on the gullibility of your RL self, not on some psychological trait of your ingame character: this is another point. It´s not gameplay driven, and has no place in a videogame in which you cannot assess the other player's behavior, facial expressions, etc

Griefers, regardless of game, grief because they get a kick out of making someone mad. EvE is a haven for them because in this game, Schadenfreude-driven actions are not considered as such.

The only people who should play EvE are sadists and masochists, or those who have RL pals already playing it, so they can be shielded from the toxicity of this community.

That´s a lot of words to say nothing. Don't you study hard science? I thought that led to a hatred of verbosity, seems it´s not the case. And I was only talking about the very basic LENR stuff, you know, the one ignoramuses like me can read about, nickel and hydrogen. But then again, you will say it's pseudo-science until there's a commercial working reactor. Remember when the sun revolved around the earth?

Note that your version of being successful is not the one Malcanis and his buddy were referring to. I was responding to them.

EQ WoW etc nobody left those games because of griefing, which is mostly impossible in themepark MMOs, as it´s preemptively hardcoded against. Why? because devs know that online sociopaths will exploit every opportunity to make other people mad. Also, griefing in World of Tanks? how many hours of time do you lose when you get griefed in World of Tanks? exactly 0. In EvE? you could lose years of asset building in a single scam relying on the gullibility of your RL self, not on some psychological trait of your ingame character: this is another point. It´s not gameplay driven, and has no place in a videogame in which you cannot assess the other player's behavior, facial expressions, etc

Griefers, regardless of game, grief because they get a kick out of making someone mad. EvE is a haven for them because in this game, Schadenfreude-driven actions are not considered as such.

The only people who should play EvE are sadists and masochists, or those who have RL pals already playing it, so they can be shielded from the toxicity of this community.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muon_catalyzed_fusion basic stuff really, nothing really difficult in there (no MHD, no mention of low, high and advanced modes, etc,etc). I linked you to wikipedia to give you more simple version of it, if you are curious google is your friend here. As for what I am studying to do (working on master's, won't get quite there until phd)... well:

(tokamaks, that above is the first trial run of K-star).

As for griefing in WoW (and themepark games in general):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ6cCwsgGO4&list=PL0j3zibAlFDtNME8VT19rzylnYndxx71G

That series deals with "drama" in WoW and has quite allot of cases of people getting run out of the game and WoW isn't a singular case amongst themeparks because believe it or not EVE-Online is a sandbox that gives the already existing dicks , which exist in any game, space to do their dicking more blatantly rather than insidiously like in more strictly policed games.

Nope, EVE gives you the room to do so but it is not more normal than any other MMO, the only true difference between EVE and something like WoW is the one I mentioned above ( griefers can grief as long as they do so within mechanics whereas in WoW the mechanics are more limited but you can still lose months of work due to a shit guild master that decides all the guild's stuff is his). This coupled with dicks liking each other's company results in them being more blatant than in other MMOs where they need to be under the radar to be efficient. The OP though shows that EVE does self-police quite efficiently... I mean one of his victims took it upon themselves to counter grief the OP until he ended up here.

Same can be said of any MMO or online community that has been around long enough. They all have nuclei of dicks ( though they do not class as sociopaths/sadists no more than their victims class as masochists... unless they do it repeatedly ) and in EVE, being closer to the sandbox ideal, those dicks have the right to be arses just as much as you have the right to come here and bitch about them (freedom and all that jazz). By the same token the victims of griefing can counter grief and fight back which a game like WoW does not let you do (if you do so I believe you will get banned as well as the dude that griefed you initially).

• IkonoclastiaIkonoclastia Member UncommonPosts: 203
    Originally posted by Dihoru

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muon_catalyzed_fusion basic stuff really, nothing really difficult in there (no MHD, no mention of low, high and advanced modes, etc,etc). I linked you to wikipedia to give you more simple version of it, if you are curious google is your friend here. As for what I am studying to do (working on master's, won't get quite there until phd)... well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ6cCwsgGO4&list=PL0j3zibAlFDtNME8VT19rzylnYndxx71G

That series deals with "drama" in WoW and has quite allot of cases of people getting run out of the game and WoW isn't a singular case amongst themeparks because believe it or not EVE-Online is a sandbox that gives the already existing dicks , which exist in any game, space to do their dicking more blatantly rather than insidiously like in more strictly policed games.

Nope, EVE gives you the room to do so but it is not more normal than any other MMO, the only true difference between EVE and something like WoW is the one I mentioned above ( griefers can grief as long as they do so within mechanics whereas in WoW the mechanics are more limited but you can still lose months of work due to a shit guild master that decides all the guild's stuff is his). This coupled with dicks liking each other's company results in them being more blatant than in other MMOs where they need to be under the radar to be efficient. The OP though shows that EVE does self-police quite efficiently... I mean one of his victims took it upon themselves to counter grief the OP until he ended up here.

Same can be said of any MMO or online community that has been around long enough. They all have nuclei of dicks ( though they do not class as sociopaths/sadists no more than their victims class as masochists... unless they do it repeatedly ) and in EVE, being closer to the sandbox ideal, those dicks have the right to be arses just as much as you have the right to come here and bitch about them (freedom and all that jazz). By the same token the victims of griefing can counter grief and fight back which a game like WoW does not let you do (if you do so I believe you will get banned as well as the dude that griefed you initially).

You're missing one crucial point.  EvE doesn't give you the 'freedom' to do what was done to me.  Its explicitly stated in the EULA and TOS that you cannot harass a player with the intention to cause that players game play to suffer.

The definition of harassment is of course important.  While people have tried to paint my in game play as harassment its clearly within the rules of the game whereas the harassment of my character is clearly outside of the allowed conduct.  

Regardless of whether you believe personally my in game conduct is deserving of their in game conduct its clearly against the rules of the game and as such should be punishable.  If the conduct is now acceptable then the rules of the game should be changed however they have not been so your position is really not relevant.

Originally posted by Ikonoclastia

You're missing one crucial point.  EvE doesn't give you the 'freedom' to do what was done to me.  Its explicitly stated in the EULA and TOS that you cannot harass a player with the intention to cause that players game play to suffer.

The definition of harassment is of course important.  While people have tried to paint my in game play as harassment its clearly within the rules of the game whereas the harassment of my character is clearly outside of the allowed conduct.  

Regardless of whether you believe personally my in game conduct is deserving of their in game conduct its clearly against the rules of the game and as such should be punishable.  If the conduct is now acceptable then the rules of the game should be changed however they have not been so your position is really not relevant.

No it isn't. It is harassment when they, without previous war dec, camp you in a station for weeks, months at a time, suicide gank you regardless of your location or intent, deny you the ability to sell on the market, etc,etc,etc,etc, them following you around and throwing insults is not worse or better than what you likely did to them and btw just so you know: You can pay in-game isk to find out who's alts those are and take your own, EULA and TOS abiding, revenge by doing everything you can to make the dude(s) that pissed you off's life in-game a Hell without going the extra mile towards harassment (for example AFK cloaking in their 0.0 system even when they are not at war with you is perfectly EULA complaint and if you say nothing and just follow them around, perhaps even spook them when they are PVE-ing without ganking you are still within the rules of the game and CCP will not ban you).

Learn the game and learn how to make the best of the freedom you are given (which is no more or less than that of everyone else). Be cool, be calm, be methodical and bide your time because blowing up like teenager at being called names is how junior high-school bullies got you to do something so they could tell on you to get your credibility low so they could properly bully you (hint: like it happened in that thread).

• CalfisCalfis Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by LeGrosGamer
    If you suck at life and got nothing better to do, then go play EVE online and dish out your frustration on the community, you'll most likely be invited to join a "leet" corporation filled with A-holes. 

Cuz grinding NPCs for hours on end in a mainstream MMO means that you win at life, amirite? ;)

• IkonoclastiaIkonoclastia Member UncommonPosts: 203

No it isn't. It is harassment when they, without previous war dec, camp you in a station for weeks, months at a time, suicide gank you regardless of your location or intent, deny you the ability to sell on the market, etc,etc,etc,etc, them following you around and throwing insults is not worse or better than what you likely did to them and btw just so you know: You can pay in-game isk to find out who's alts those are and take your own, EULA and TOS abiding, revenge by doing everything you can to make the dude(s) that pissed you off's life in-game a Hell without going the extra mile towards harassment (for example AFK cloaking in their 0.0 system even when they are not at war with you is perfectly EULA complaint and if you say nothing and just follow them around, perhaps even spook them when they are PVE-ing without ganking you are still within the rules of the game and CCP will not ban you).

Learn the game and learn how to make the best of the freedom you are given (which is no more or less than that of everyone else). Be cool, be calm, be methodical and bide your time because blowing up like teenager at being called names is how junior high-school bullies got you to do something so they could tell on you to get your credibility low so they could properly bully you (hint: like it happened in that thread).

I suggest you read the EULA.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

I 'll  again suggest ,separate RL and in game life ,don't get games too much seriously ,nothing  real is in games

I am was f***ed in EVE many times and what now?  should I crying? should I looking for those peoples world wide and get revenge?should I blaming ccp for main personal  naivety or for for what I am looking trouble & make some mistakes in game ?

it is only game if cant deal with it stop playing mmo games  , pls

I suggest you read the EULA.

I suggest you re-read it and while you're at it at least ask a lawyer what all those big terms mean because you seem to be fixated on how you understand them which unfortunately for you isn't how they are (harassment in-game least of all, that is the hardest to be define of them and verbal abuse isn't one of them, in real life it may be considered such but if you ever try to petition any GM to have someone banned for calling you something like "a limp dicked momma's boy" or  "a teen rug muncher",etc,etc, yes those are personal highlights of my MMO career not just EVE, in-game or in TS/Vent you will get laughed at regardless of the game unless you provide proof of it being as bad as you say, which takes a recording if talking in-game voice coms or days even weeks worth of screenshots with chat proving it because there have been plenty of cases of abuse, people crying wolf after trolling someone to that point).

That said this video really is something that you need to take to heart:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgvM7av1o1Q 

Because war decs do not give you a permission to be a dick any more or less in-game. Have fun, fly safe or at least gloriously.

• EvgireonEvgireon Member Posts: 71
    Originally posted by jesteralways

Originally posted by kairel182

Get over it.  The game works around griefing freedom.  

Here fixed that for you.

Originally posted by kairel182

After re-reading your post, I seriously have to question why you're whining about this.  Why ANYONE would know about this person recovering from cancer is beyond me.  Why would someone put their personal life into the game unless it was someone they trusted?  Obviously this was a douchebag move if they knew beforehand that this was the case, but it doesn't in the least break any sort of rules nor is it against the game code.  This is NOT harassment, this is standard run of the mill trust being entirely misplaced.  Especially in null-sec, where ANYTHING GOES.  You know, anything.  There's nothing that can't be destroyed and anything beyond liquid ISK is a liability.

I agree that it was morally wrong, but it's also the person's fault for divulging their personal information into a game setting.  There are people every where that would do this in any game, given the chance.  If you know Eve then you should know this.  I feel for the guy in real life, but have no sympathy for what he lost in game.  When I played I lost a lot, but never due to a trust misconception.  I only trusted real people, whom know personally.

Yes of course. next thing you will say :- "a girl who is raped is at fault, of course the rapists did something wrong but the girl should never have left her house and never should have walked among unknown people"

It has become a common thing these days to blame the victim for their misfortune and antagonize them. People like you are simply disgusting.

Yes, it's her fault for not getting a certain permit and using the thing that's acquired with the help of that permit... I'm writing in such vague terms so I wouldn't offend you.

• MsPtibiscuitMsPtibiscuit Member Posts: 164
    Is OP really whining because EvE Online is a sandbox game ?
  • madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    After reading the first page, I feel some people are drama queens. These are the type of people who won't allow full contact sport in schools. The same people who are against having any activities involving balls (basketballs, footballs and so on) at schools. The same type of person who just tried to get "Hop on Pop" from Dr. Seuss banned from a Library in Toronto.
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by MsPtibiscuit
    Is OP really whining because EvE Online is a sandbox game ?

Whine, whine, whine. "CCP did not take my party when I desided to fight the other kids in the sandbox."

Grow up and learn to loose a fight in style.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Firstly, i'd like to add that paying to continue a WarDec for more than a week, is not cheap, and there are defences against it, in case some corp did have an unlimited amount of Isk to throw at it, which is unlikely, but just supposing they did, there are also Dec Shield alliances etc that exist to counter it, and then there is the other extremely simple method, hire mercs, Eve abounds with them, oddly enough, and some of them even take on charity cases, but don't advertise the fact..  mostly they just like to fight, and protecting a mining corp etc, can be a convenient excuse image

So griefing isn't really as much of an issue in Eve as some would like to make out. Thats not to say that being in High Sec is entirely safe, it isn't meant to be, but the risks are minimal, and the amount of notice given when your Corp is Wardec'd is enough that anyone who doesn't want to take part, can easily de'corp to a newbie corp until the fuss is over. Most of the time, a willingness to fight back and inflict a few losses on the Corp that Wardec's you is enough to encourage them not to renew it, the Corps that only Wardec because they want to fight are more likely to respect you also if you do fight back, sometimes you can make friends under the oddest circumstancesimage

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

Some of the friends I made in Eve were thanks to a corp I was in being wardec on and that I went around trying to fight back.  Even though the corp was told to just hide hide hide till it ran out, haha.

Eve just isn't for the faint of heart.  But with that said I have always had a lot of suspicion towards CCP because there has just been too much conspiracy theory around them.  I like sometimes when devs or such show up in a game to talk to you but only if they keep it very apparent they are unbiased and not going to put their hands into anything going on in the world.  Especially in a game like Eve!

• Ianb4allIanb4all Member UncommonPosts: 77

I consider myself a veteran of mmo gaming- having played countless mmo's over the years i have noticed this trend get worse in every single one of them.

Majority of mmo's try their best to stamp it out but eve is the exception....to a degree i think this is the environment  ccp is trying to develop in eve - a real cut throat take no prisoners type of universe.

I have also unfortunately  been around at the start of other mmos headstarts where goonswarm have started as well and majority of those games the ENTIRE goonswarm guild has been banned foir griefing - one particular one - Age of Conan- not even out a week and the entire guild got banned- you should of seen the crying they did on alts in the age of conan forums!

So you are not alone in the way many think! I still play eve and I am in an alliance that wants nothing to do with goons.

Virtually everyone in eve thats not a goon is against them.....people would take up arms against them and you could get the entire eve universe to unite against them...but alas you could throw everything you have at them and they wont go away due to their "special" relationship with ccp (been well imbedded in the staff and council)

They would get endless support from ccp to keep them going!

Anyways will keep playing this till Star Citizen comes out and see how that turns out- perhaps that will be a better alternative to go to and leave goonswarm and their antics to play with ccp

• Shana77Shana77 Member UncommonPosts: 290

It was not an in game thing, it was purely a scumbag move to gank a guy with cancer to try to outdo the last scumbag meta gaming low for some noteriety.

As someone who's father died of cancer I passionatly believe that there is nothing scumbag about ganking a guy who has cancer in a game where ganking is an integral part of the game. If you do not like to be ganked, don't play EVE, you can't expect to be getting  a free ride and be treated like a prince in an online game just because you have some disease. 

This discussion has been closed.