Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap Instant Gratification (With Good Combat)?

DrilDril Member Posts: 107

Yo yo,

So with all the real releases coming up in the not too distant future (AA, mainly) I'm finding myself lacking a game which has satisying combat yet also features progression. Essentially what I'm looking for is something that's either f2p that only needs a few quid sunk into it or a game that doesn't cost more than, say, £20. I'd greatly prefer action-y combat (if it's at all like LOTR: War in the North or Dark Souls that'd be brilliant) with obvious progression yet without any major grind.

I'm thinking something like Dungeon Defenders, progression-wise, where things obviously change but it isn't super difficult to level up.

Would appreciate any suggestions :)

RIFT was a *crushing* disappointment; a shallow, loveless, generic MMO the likes of which hasn't been seen in a P2P format since, well, forever.

Eagerly awaiting: World of Darkness, ArcheAge.

Comments

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Maybe TERA? It's F2P and a bit grindy at end game, but leveling up was quite fun imo. Has action combat too, I'd rank it above GW2 for responsiveness but just below ESO. It's really not a bad deal for a F2P game.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.