Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EsoStats.com

Comments

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

That's a sad state of affairs, lol

Hopefully it's just because nobody really knows what's going on yet and war strategies are not formed yet.

Hopefully it's not conclusive evidence that MMO "PVP'ers" prefer to join the side that's dominating...

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

That's a sad state of affairs, lol

Hopefully it's just because nobody really knows what's going on yet and war strategies are not formed yet.

Hopefully it's not conclusive evidence that MMO "PVP'ers" prefer to join the side that's dominating...

Very few people are messing with Cyrodiil at the moment, at least on the NA servers. Still gotta get 50 and get them veteran ranks :)

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• Yoda_CloneYoda_Clone Member Posts: 219

Don't blame the players for following human nature; people like to be winners (and there's no particular reason to be "loyal" to any alliance).

What the stats show is that there is no built-in mechanism in game to keep the different faction populations balanced (at least numerically)... and there should be.  The more there is an imbalance (as there is in so many of the campaigns), the more disincentive there is to participate in PvP... which leads to even more imbalance; which leads to more disincentive to play; which leads to more imbalance; etc.

• indefindef Member UncommonPosts: 344

These stats aren't particularly useful right now...here's why:

1.  There are extreme penalties for PvP'ing in Cyrodiil between levels 1-49.  It is pretty much required to be at least vet rank 1.  This is because all players 10-49 have their stats normalized...whereas once you hit vet rank 1 you actually use your own stats (from attribute points, traits, enchants, etc.).  The low level areas are still PACKED with people...it will be quite some time until we see "everyone" at max level (VR10, soon to be VR12).

2.  You can still change home servers very cheaply.  ZOS will be changing this once the "honeymoon" phase of the game is over.  This should somewhat inhibit players from bouncing around to servers where their faction is doing well.

3.  There are too many Cyrodiil servers.  I'd imagine ZOS will cut at least half of them in the future, so that the remaining half are all populated with a somewhat even distribution.

I definitely think ZOS needs to add reasons/perks for sticking with your server.  I believe they will achieve this somewhat once the imperial city (center of cyrodiil) is opened up.

• PalaziousPalazious Member Posts: 162

With PvP XP nerfed to oblivion I think many are outside so they can level.  I was planning of leveling in the PvP zone until they changed it....now it's pointless to go into there unless I'm done leveling.

With any MMO, if you take the XP out of something you can pretty much kill it.

Palazious <The Vindicators> Darkfall
    Palazious r40, rr45 SW War
    Palazious 50 Pirate PoTBS
    Palazious 35 Sorcerer Vanguard
    Palazious 75 wizard EQ
    Paladori 50 Champion LOTRO
    Poppa Reaver bugged at rank15

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Are the numbers points or people?
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by Rusque

Points. The little bars on the right represent how full they are. 

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by Palazious

With PvP XP nerfed to oblivion I think many are outside so they can level.  I was planning of leveling in the PvP zone until they changed it....now it's pointless to go into there unless I'm done leveling.

With any MMO, if you take the XP out of something you can pretty much kill it.

This is the main problem I believe. Before the exp nerf in PvP all but 4 campaigns were filled in NA. Only 2 are capped now since the Exp nerf in AvA.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Originally posted by BeansnBread

Yeah I was wondering if factions were that lopsided, 150k vs 8k that would be something. Talk about getting rolled.

• DEAD.lineDEAD.line Member Posts: 424
    Originally posted by BeansnBread

Yeah I was wondering if factions were that lopsided, 150k vs 8k that would be something. Talk about getting rolled.

Pretty much impossible since the population cap in Cyrodiil is 2000, with a 3 way divide. But yeah, funny.

OP thanks for the link. I really am suprised by the low interest in PVP. Sure, we can put it on leveling, but in beta, the momement i hit 10, i went to Cyrodiil to check it out. If i was playing right now, i'd atleast be jumping in from time to time.

I'm in Portugal, and i'ts nearly 8PM, so it's about 1-2 hours later in the rest of europe. So it's prime time right now for most, and there's literally only 2 campaigns with max pop factions locked out, wiht a 1-2 getting abit bigger, but still low. The other 6 basically have nobody, or almost nobody, playing on them. So there's only about 10k people pvp'ing ta this moment.

And let's not forget those Germans are crazy. image

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646

I don't know why you guys are surprised by low numbers of players participating in PVP.

When i think of ES, PVP is last thing to come to my mind. Well i am lying..i don't think about PVP at all when it comes to ES games.

And i am pretty sure i am not the only one who thinks that way.

For me ES is all about story, lore and exploration. No matter how fun the PVP is..i have zero interest in it.

• CouganCougan Member UncommonPosts: 422

They have far too many campaigns open.

Cant even say its all the cowards flocking to servers they own and dont even PVP since the bars show the populations are even in a lot of cases

• PanzerbasePanzerbase Member Posts: 423
    Relax folks, it's just the self proclaimed PVP badasses wanting a challenge. 
  • CouganCougan Member UncommonPosts: 422
    I have to say Chrysamere sounds interesting as it has the lowest Aldmeri pop but is winning