Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hello! I am in the upcoming CBT2! Follow my Blog and ask me any questions!

KirexyKirexy Member Posts: 21

Hello! I just wanted to advertise my newly created Online Gaming and Game Design focused blog. I will be covering my time in Black Desert with blog.  Since livestreaming is prohibited, I will try to gather up some questions people ask and record a video (while playing) where I answer them as good as I can. If you are interested, you may follow it :)

kriexy.weebly.com

Comments

• ellobo29ellobo29 Member UncommonPosts: 423

what is pvp like? kill anyone? anytime? anywhere? or only in restricted areas or during seiges? what is the penalty for failure/death? is it severe?

also what is the combat like? action based twitch style? or turntable style? 

• MaRTiDoReMaRTiDoRe Member UncommonPosts: 22
    The "Contact" link doesn't work :S where do we send you our questions?

Videogame Developer - www.martidore.com

• KirexyKirexy Member Posts: 21

Hello!

I've updated the "Contact Me" link, but you may also just ask my anywhere I can see it. I'll check this thread for questions and also on comments on my blog. But you may also send me an E-mail now using the "Contact Me" window :)

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    No NDA?
    Harbinger of Fools
    Originally posted by Dakeru
    No NDA?

No, Korean MMOs seldom have NDA, which is why you could see such early builds of Archage already in 2010. However, there are some restrictions still like not being allowed to stream. But due to the fact that there is no NDA, keep in mind that details are VERY subject to change, just like the character creation which has changed a lot between the betas.

I obtained a Day-2 Pass so I will not be able to login untill tomorrow.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by ellobo29

what is pvp like? kill anyone? anytime? anywhere? or only in restricted areas or during seiges? what is the penalty for failure/death? is it severe?

It's full action combat with no soft locking at all. PVP is open world and everywhere except main cities but all players have the option to turn off PVP so you will not be able to attack anyone who isn't flagged.

People also need to know that the game offers plenty of PVE it's not a total PVP game. You can drop items when you die in PVP but not items that are bond to a player like weapons or armour.

• InporylemQQInporylemQQ Member Posts: 165
    So sad that they will have the same midnight downtime again servers go down 1h after I come home from work :(

ArcheAge, Black Desert and Bless videos InporylemQQ Youtube

• MaRTiDoReMaRTiDoRe Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Originally posted by InporylemQQ
    So sad that they will have the same midnight downtime again servers go down 1h after I come home from work :(

Do you also have acces to CBT 2? 

Where de hell you get those acces from? As far as I know you need at least one Korean friend so he can provide you a korean ID.

Any korean arround  here needs a friend? lol

Videogame Developer - www.martidore.com

Let's keep this thread on-topic^^

Anyways, for those questions that has been asked, I'll wait untill I actually get to try the game untill I base an opinion.

:)

• scioccosciocco Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon

It's full action combat with no soft locking at all.

No soft locking at all?

Any of the videos I have seen (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcjXruULvew), especially for ranged, the combat looks heavily based on soft-locking. If you know something otherwise please share, because the combat I saw in this video made me lose all interest in the game.

Originally posted by ikcin
    Originally posted by ellobo29

It's full action combat with no soft locking at all. PVP is open world and everywhere except main cities but all players have the option to turn off PVP so you will not be able to attack anyone who isn't flagged.

People also need to know that the game offers plenty of PVE it's not a total PVP game. You can drop items when you die in PVP but not items that are bond to a player like weapons or armour.

You cannot turn off the PvP. And you cannot drop only items you are wearing, so you can drop weapon or armor if they are in your inventory. There is no character or account bonded items in this game, all is tradable, all can be dropped. And it is not a PvP game, just it is not a PvE game too. It is a sandbox game with open world and sophisticated economics. You cannot break it to PVE and PvP. 

You cannot drop bound items and like i said it offers both PVP&PVE and now for the grand info. Anyone under level 40 cannot partake in PVP, yup no PVP under level 40.

I'm not going to do your research for you but you need to look harder.

Oh and it's a hybrid, the game has open seamless work but also has instanced dungeons and open dungeons it also has questing although you do not gain xp for questing instead you get contributions, you can level by grinding mobs. 

Their is no fast travelling in the game you have to take a mount or use a mount to get around, great hey.

Originally posted by sciocco

It's full action combat with no soft locking at all.

No soft locking at all?

Any of the videos I have seen (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcjXruULvew), especially for ranged, the combat looks heavily based on soft-locking. If you know something otherwise please share, because the combat I saw in this video made me lose all interest in the game.

You are obviously not watching the vids properly the game has no lock on targeting in combat it's a total aiming system.

I just updated the blog with the first in-game experience. Although I didn't cover as much as I wanted, I guess it is ok. Keep the questions coming if you have any ^^
  • LordDevilLordDevil Member UncommonPosts: 253

Hey there... nice blog! I was also lucky to get invited into CBT2 (but got a 28.April starting account - thanks to my korean girlfriend)... so I want to prepare for the game now. The client is already downloaded... but maybe you could give me a little guidance on how to turn the graphics to max (maybe a screenshot with english labels?). I really want to turn all graphics up but its always hard to do on korean language client, if you dont know what to click :D

Would be much appreciated, or maybe you know someone who already made a english guide - but I guess its too early yet...

Thanks in advance,

LD

Currently playing: Archeage
    Waiting for: Black Desert

• LordDevilLordDevil Member UncommonPosts: 253

Ok thx, so as always :D

Well not sure how demanding the game is... I have a Core i7 4930K at 4.5Ghz with Nvidia Titan - so hopefully this is enough.

Can't wait to try it out... evil time zone difference makes very bad playtimes for europeans too ;)

Currently playing: Archeage
    Waiting for: Black Desert

• finnelhirfinnelhir Member UncommonPosts: 36

What about healing/support.

I know there is no healer class, but can i have the support role? 

Dude..where is my booze? 
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

If combat is full action,how cumbersome are the controls?Example i can't stand non target unless i can easily watch the screen and use ONLY two hands,one on mouse and one on keyboard and easily enjoy the screen ,NOT the keyboard.

How in depth is the combat system and class design?

I will be perfectly honest,i have quit playing mmorpg's because NOTHING has come close to the way FFXI put depth into class and combat,so any game going to entice me NEEDS depth.

Examples are defensive skills to level up,offensive skills to level up,grouping aspects,weapon skills to learn,grouping ROLES.Do mobs have characteristics like FFXI had,example water based or fire based or earth based with resistances varying?

How is crafting?I guess crafting falls into the whole idea of DEPTH,i want depth in my game as my idea of gaming is not just chasing level numbers then end game grind or pvp.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• finnelhirfinnelhir Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Originally posted by ikcin
    Originally posted by finnelhir

What about healing/support. 

I know there is no healer class, but can i have the support role? 

No. But still there are only 4 classes from 9. So maybe there will be some kind of a healer. Right now the soldier is a clear tank, he even has agro skill. 

The devs stated there will be no healer but ''maybe'' a support. 

I hope so, a game without healers and support...is so sad.

Even Age o Wushu have some kind of support role. The evil guys, but still support. 

Even GW2 have...

Dude..where is my booze? 
  • AceshighhhhAceshighhhh Member Posts: 185

How are they dealing with quests? Will all quests be static/linear similar to World of Warcraft and similar clones or will there be more "dynamic" quests similar to GW2's event system or FFXIV's FATE's?