Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did they fix the delay and pets?

kiravelikiraveli Member UncommonPosts: 79

Thinking of resubbing, but had a couple questions that I tried googling and got no solid information. 

Did they ever address the delay of the boss abilities and such? The cast time and the area weren't synced so people would always complain they moved but still got hit. Just curious if they left it like that or if there's a fix.

Other question if any Scholars around know, did they work on pets/pet macros? Pets weren't very managable as far as abilities went. They would smart cast everything and you couldn't really macro it because it would just start the smart casts. Used to have to spam a few buttons to keep them in check. 

Edit- And one more minor question that will seem silly. Do the new horses still use the sidesaddle for Hyur/Elezen females? It looked to be the same Unicorn model so assuming yes.

Comments

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

They've done some changes to the instances in regards to the syncing problem. They changed the server to update your position every 0.1 secs instead of every 0.3 secs. I think that fix helped my game at least.

The servers tend to be still packed and when that happens there may be some lag, but its not related to what you're talking about.

They've done some changes to pet AI also. I don't know if they fixed your problems specifically but they've adjusted them quite a bit. My fairy when put on Obey casts nothing but the cure spell (at 80% hp) if not ordered otherwise. That works for me.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741
    Currently playing on the PS4. I have no noticeable lag from the game side. The delay issue is nearly nonexistanet, but can still occur if you are really unlucky. I don't play a pet class, so can't help you there.

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• LiddokunLiddokun Member UncommonPosts: 1,665
    There's now an "Obey" command where it will force the pet to use only it's basic attack. You would then be able to manually command the pet to use it's special attacks. There's also a "Stay" command that lets you manually position your pet's location. 
  • Vector_ArrowVector_Arrow Member Posts: 18
    Originally posted by kiraveli

Thinking of resubbing, but had a couple questions that I tried googling and got no solid information. 

Did they ever address the delay of the boss abilities and such? The cast time and the area weren't synced so people would always complain they moved but still got hit. Just curious if they left it like that or if there's a fix.

Sadly, there was never really a "fix", but an explanation of how it actually worked. If you see the circle and you are standing in it when it disappears, even if you move at the exact time it does disappear,  you will always get hit. The way the made the server work is that when the marker disappears you've already taken the damage even though you haven't actually seen it on the screen yet. It's stupid, but that's the way they do it so you'll just have to react quicker.

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357
    Originally posted by Vector_Arrow
    Originally posted by kiraveli

Sadly, there was never really a "fix", but an explanation of how it actually worked. If you see the circle and you are standing in it when it disappears, even if you move at the exact time it does disappear,  you will always get hit. The way the made the server work is that when the marker disappears you've already taken the damage even though you haven't actually seen it on the screen yet. It's stupid, but that's the way they do it so you'll just have to react quicker.

Of course it works like that. Why would you not get hit by failing to move out of the way before the circle disappears?

The only "issue" is that the circle disappearing and the monster skill animation are not in sync (the animation happens once the cast bar is finished) but that's not really an issue affecting gameplay since you can trust the circle.

The real "issue" that plagued many of us was that you would get hit even if you got out of the way before the red circle disappeared. There was a potential 0.3 second window in which you wouldn't be able to avoid the damage even if you got out. They changed that window to 0.1 seconds so it's pretty much a non-issue nowadays.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".