Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game is amazing?! Why no love on this site?

sludgebeardsludgebeard Member RarePosts: 788

Me and my friends have been playing all morning and well into the afternoon, this game is addictive as hell and F2P!

And on top of that, its manly as hell, I mean giant robots shooting each other and blowing shit up?!

Seriously even if its not an MMO its still an amazing game worthy of some praise!

Who wants to show HAWKEEEENSSS some love?!

Comments

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by sludgebeard

Me and my friends have been playing all morning and well into the afternoon, this game is addictive as hell and F2P!

And on top of that, its manly as hell, I mean giant robots shooting each other and blowing shit up?!

Seriously even if its not an MMO its still an amazing game worthy of some praise!

Who wants to show HAWKEEEENSSS some love?!

It sure is miles better then Mechwarrior Online. That's for sure. It's fun for short periods. But I would have loved for it to be more of a "real" MMO. Like imagine Hawkens PVP with Perpetuums depth. I would never stop playing it.

But right now for me, Perpetuum is the Mech-game I'm sticking to.

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379
    Originally posted by Lahuzer

It sure is miles better then Mechwarrior Online. That's for sure. It's fun for short periods. But I would have loved for it to be more of a "real" MMO. Like imagine Hawkens PVP with Perpetuums depth. I would never stop playing it.

But right now for me, Perpetuum is the Mech-game I'm sticking to.

Interesting and thank you for sharing. I had not heard of Perpetuum before so it is something I can look into. 

@OP, Hawken was pretty fun for a little while, but it starts to feel very zergish. My biggest complaints were that they do not match players with those of somewhat equal levels. While level may not appear to make much of a difference at first, it became very easy to steamroll people once I was the one nearing 30 with a huge advantage in pilot points and mech equipment. Can be pretty dis-heartening when you are the one on the low end of the spectrum. Glad you are enjoying it because it is a pretty decent game.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405

I found perpetuum to be like EVE light, while this game is actually really fun to play and has a lot of progression to explore. I had to be told by a friend that it was free to play on Steam though. Terrible advertising. For anyone who is interested in playing:

http://www.playhawken.com

MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
  • SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    Might be because its just yet another f2p fps in an already far too crowded market.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• SatsunoryuSatsunoryu Member UncommonPosts: 285
    At least from my perspective, because this is MMORPG.com?  I'm a Hawken fan, but never saw a reason to discuss it on this site is all...
  • ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    Originally posted by Satsunoryu
    At least from my perspective, because this is MMORPG.com?  I'm a Hawken fan, but never saw a reason to discuss it on this site is all...

It was listed in their list of games so I guess the site admins considered it worthy of discussion here. I see what you are saying though.

Satsunoryu how did you hear that the game was up and F2P? Did you see it on a site or something? I just got lucky that a friend saw it on Steam.

MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures