Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ok...What gives? I wanna play!

LizardkingLizardking Member Posts: 2

Hey everyone! I've been wanting to play EVE for quite some time now and last week I finally broke down and decided to try the Trial. So I download the Client, got my Trial Acount Key from here, and tried to create an account with it. After entering the Key, I entered my Email Address and waited for the Email that was supposed to tell me how to continue. I immediatly check my Email, and there's nothing there. "That's Ok" I say, "It may take a few minutes". So I check back an hour later, and it still hasn't come...After another hour I decide to try again with a new account key. Now it's a whole week later and still no Email. I tried again this morning, and nope, no email. So guys, what gives? I get plenty of spam so it can't be some hidded filter...what can I do to get this damn Email and start playing? Thanks in advance!

_The_Codeman_

Rock On

Comments

• CompiCompi Member Posts: 61

Tell me your mail adress and ill try to send you a key. If its a new mail better.

• LizardkingLizardking Member Posts: 2
    No, the key is not the problem. When I try to create an account with the key at EVE's website, it dosn't send me a confermation EMail after I put in my address...

Rock On

• jamiro_pljamiro_pl Member Posts: 1

the main problem with sending trial keys and sending regular emails by CCP is that eve email system is trying to send to the key using the address u entered in the 'from' field. this causes that some anti-spam software detects that the sender address is forged and deletes the mail. just use another e-mail address. btw i think after registration u dont get a confirmation e-mail, you're free to play :) just enter the login and password in the eve client

• HaifanKHaifanK Member Posts: 12

I have actually e-mailed eve-online's support team about the trial comfirmation e-mail when I first tried the trial and their reply was that their comfirmation e-mail system was bugged and they have problems with it. They said they would try to fix it as soon as possible but I guess not. So what I did was, I entered their comfirmation form with my keys and all that 4-5 times and eventually one came after one hour. My roommate did the same thing with multiple comfirmation forms and also got the e-mail, so you might want to just try that.

• magik_fxmagik_fx Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 278

Last time I did a trial to help a friend start, I never waited for the confirmation email and just logged in. Worked fine, I didn't think it would but I waited for a few minutes and then said... well, maybe you don't need it. So I put in my new name and password, and it logged in just fine... never did get a confirmation for it.