Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls VII : World of Bots..

DeadlobsterDeadlobster Member UncommonPosts: 126

Zenimax would really want to get off there ass, and do something about it. I'm sick of having to spend 15-20 mins every time I enter a dungeon to report players. Takes forever, as they are all clustered together. Also, first time this morning, got 2 spam emails for gold sellers. 

GO DO SOMETHING!

Dead.

Comments

• LookwhostalkingLookwhostalking Member Posts: 63
    If many players stop the sub after the free month, then they will forced to do MANY things. Trust me :)
  • BeelzebobbieBeelzebobbie Member UncommonPosts: 430
    If many players quit the game then the gold farmers will leave cause there will be no profit :)
  • BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by mpompos
    If many players stop the sub after the free month, then they will forced to do MANY things. Trust me :)

I agree. Time to vote with your wallet. Empty threats is not going to get anything done.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Beelzebobbie
    If many players quit the game then the gold farmers will leave cause there will be no profit :)

goldscammer do not excist because of a game they excist because of people who use their "sevice"

I know this is not how many want to see it because it far more easy to blame a game.

Should a game if goldscammer excist do something about it, Damn Sure they have to.

• AuntieSpeaksAlotAuntieSpeaksAlot Member Posts: 57

Gold sellers only exist because of buyers.  If there was no market there would be no service.  

Bots, are another matter.  There are many of them stood around every boss in every open dungeon spamming attacks.  There is no subtlety to it, they are as plain as day.  The fact that no-one from Zen has actually entered the game and banned these blindingly obvious bots is beyond comprehension.  Shit it would take 1 person 1 hour to get rid of most of them.   

• BetaBlockaBetaBlocka Member Posts: 222
    Originally posted by AuntieSpeaksAlot

Gold sellers only exist because of buyers.  If there was no market there would be no service.  

Bots, are another matter.  There are many of them stood around every boss in every open dungeon spamming attacks.  There is no subtlety to it, they are as plain as day.  The fact that no-one from Zen has actually entered the game and banned these blindingly obvious bots is beyond comprehension.  Shit it would take 1 person 1 hour to get rid of most of them.   

This ^^

Its funny, ZOS have no problem arbitrarily banning hundreds if not thousands of innocent accounts with no email or other communication with those PAYING customers as to why they are banned or when access would be reinstated, causing yet more PR fallout....

But getting an in game GM to log in for an hour or two and go around banning the actual culprits, at source so to speak is obviously beyond their sphere of capability...

Brilliant. 

I thought all the fanboys said a sub meant no idiots in game in addition to providing funds for pro active enforcement...you know, like in game GMs? If not then why are players being charged a sub again?

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    Originally posted by Reklaw

goldscammer do not excist because of a game they excist because of people who use their "sevice"

I know this is not how many want to see it because it far more easy to blame a game.

Should a game if goldscammer excist do something about it, Damn Sure they have to.

problem with this logic is that a single guy buying millions of in-game currency shares the accusation with the other hundreds next to him who do not.

I'm treading close to a Godwin here but blaming all the players for the actions of a handful of goldbuyers...is a mass association that should not be made.

Not really sure how my post made you think I blame ALL players?  I just blame people using those type of goldscam services.

So I never did a mass association now did I?

• AuntieSpeaksAlotAuntieSpeaksAlot Member Posts: 57

problem with this logic is that a single guy buying millions of in-game currency shares the accusation with the other hundreds next to him who do not.

I'm treading close to a Godwin here but blaming all the players for the actions of a handful of goldbuyers...is a mass association that should not be made.

Not really sure how my post made you think I blame ALL players?  I just blame people using those type of goldscam services.

We all pay for others misdeeds- have you bought car insurance lately? 

Rek-mass association-law

• BahzBahz Member UncommonPosts: 182
    Originally posted by Deadlobster

Zenimax would really want to get off there ass, and do something about it. I'm sick of having to spend 15-20 mins every time I enter a dungeon to report players. Takes forever, as they are all clustered together. Also, first time this morning, got 2 spam emails for gold sellers. 

GO DO SOMETHING!

Dead.

Yes, they know your username from buying gold at their website.

• JackyD30JackyD30 Member Posts: 20

Just as a heads up, not all those people farming the Delve bosses are bots, me and my pals during PvP downtime farm public dungeons bosses for free soul gems and blue gear drops to deconstruct. Heck even every time I run a public dungeon for the 1st time I stick around farming the boss for an hour or so to stock up on soul gems.

While we might seem like Bots, some of us are actually legit players!

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395
    Originally posted by JackyD30

Just as a heads up, not all those people farming the Delve bosses are bots, me and my pals during PvP downtime farm public dungeons bosses for free soul gems and blue gear drops to deconstruct. Heck even every time I run a public dungeon for the 1st time I stick around farming the boss for an hour or so to stock up on soul gems.

I dunno how legit you are. Its very difficult to get a kill when a bot is there, because they all attack at once instantly killing the mob. Since, beta I've not been able to get a boss kill in a public dungeon.  So, you're full of poo, or a botter. No one but bots are able to farm the public dungeons, atm.

• JackyD30JackyD30 Member Posts: 20
    Originally posted by Golelorn

I dunno how legit you are. Its very difficult to get a kill when a bot is there, because they all attack at once instantly killing the mob. Since, beta I've not been able to get a boss kill in a public dungeon.  So, you're full of poo, or a botter. No one but bots are able to farm the public dungeons, atm.

I'm not full of poo, heck I only get 1-2 hits in most of the time but so far critical charge has always hit it's target, maybe you're doing it wrong?

I just stay there 10 ft away from where the mob spawns targetting that area and spamming my critical charge hot key. As soon as the mob spawn my char is already on top and the hit connects. Maybe it's due to how critical charge functions in that It won't do squat, no wasted swing animation, no wasted ground AoE tick, unless you have a target.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by BetaBlocka

This ^^

Its funny, ZOS have no problem arbitrarily banning hundreds if not thousands of innocent accounts with no email or other communication with those PAYING customers as to why they are banned or when access would be reinstated, causing yet more PR fallout....

But getting an in game GM to log in for an hour or two and go around banning the actual culprits, at source so to speak is obviously beyond their sphere of capability...

Brilliant. 

I thought all the fanboys said a sub meant no idiots in game in addition to providing funds for pro active enforcement...you know, like in game GMs? If not then why are players being charged a sub again?

Are you sure they are actually bots?

How often I have been reported ingame and on forums as a "bot" while farming on a particular place during a free day and not answering to any of private messages of irate players (he doesn't answer my /tell so he MUST be a bot!", I can't count it anymore lol.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• bonzoso21bonzoso21 Member UncommonPosts: 380

We players always say that. I remember thinking the same thing back in Guild Wars 2 when I would see countless rangers with bear pets running together in the same scripted lines, spamming attacks on mobs, or sitting in place on a recurring public quest, or gathering a resource node and teleporting away. I haven't played GW2 in a year and a half, and maybe those issues have been resolved, but for several months they were everywhere you looked. I'd be willing to bet, though, that ArenaNet--and Zenimax--have people on hand that know more about policing their online games than I do. Maybe it's not as simple as we think. In the early days of a new MMO, I would imagine 3 foreign IPs pop up to replace every one they ban.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

GO DO SOMETHING!

Dead.

"SWG Veteran (pre cu), GW I and II, AoC, WarOnline,Darkfall, Vanguard, SWTOR,WoW,Rift, FFTRR"

you sure you played all those games? doesnt sound like it ^^

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• DeadlobsterDeadlobster Member UncommonPosts: 126

I agree, but from the 10 people at every boss, your will see one "John Lionheart" and 9, ssghd, ffghy, jkui, aadres, xxcf etc etc etct

• DeadlobsterDeadlobster Member UncommonPosts: 126
    Originally posted by Thane

GO DO SOMETHING!

Dead.

"SWG Veteran (pre cu), GW I and II, AoC, WarOnline,Darkfall, Vanguard, SWTOR,WoW,Rift, FFTRR"

you sure you played all those games? doesnt sound like it ^^

Each and every one :)

Although, I didn't play much of FFARR, it was freakin awful. All the kiddy stuff and cuddly things. I felt weird playing it.

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817
    Originally posted by Bahz

GO DO SOMETHING!

Dead.

Yes, they know your username from buying gold at their website.

Umm nope you can get someones. user name by..... 

Adding to grp.

Adding to friends list.

Adding to ignore list.

Adding to guild.

Maybe more ways ???

Clearly there are multiple ways to get someones account name, just adding them to your ignore list gives you the account name without the player ever knowing of the interaction.

Lolipops !

• BurntCabbageBurntCabbage Member UncommonPosts: 482

i agree they need to do something and get off their asses..its a good game i enjoy it..but i know iv reported the same bot like 5 times thats botting in a dungeon with 10 others n even took screen shots and still no action has been taken..but as some of my guildies and friends were saying we all think it will slow down a whole lot when all the WoW fan boiez leave  that just joined to try it out after the free trial is over or maybe after a 1 month sub fee

in not blameing or pokeing fun at them but if alot of people were talking about taking a break from wow **biggest mmorpg out there that sells gold / char / items** to try ESO **new hot mmorpg** it just spreads from word to mouth and the gold farmers see  this as a window to get more from the cash cow wow people that dont care to drop  a CC for stuff from them

• handlewithcarehandlewithcare Member Posts: 322

you are to sensitive,ignore the gold wankers.

players are generally nice as far as I can see in the game.

I don't even care about the dungeons that mush anymore just like playing with others in caves.

when I reached level 150 I am finished great game but not a world that you can live in-that's a shame.

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056

We all pay for others misdeeds- have you bought car insurance lately? 

Rek-mass association-law

God I hate simpleton logic. So in your world we should just grin and bear it eh? 

When bad drivers and drivers with no insurance can be spied upon in a place where they all meet every day and magically plucked from the world one by one never to be seen again you can use this analogy. 

The complaint here is this is an easy fix that Zenimax seems to be doing nothing about. Your car ins analogy, not so much.

Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by BurntCabbage

i agree they need to do something and get off their asses..its a good game i enjoy it..but i know iv reported the same bot like 5 times thats botting in a dungeon with 10 others n even took screen shots and still no action has been taken..but as some of my guildies and friends were saying we all think it will slow down a whole lot when all the WoW fan boiez leave  that just joined to try it out after the free trial is over or maybe after a 1 month sub fee

in not blameing or pokeing fun at them but if alot of people were talking about taking a break from wow **biggest mmorpg out there that sells gold / char / items** to try ESO **new hot mmorpg** it just spreads from word to mouth and the gold farmers see  this as a window to get more from the cash cow wow people that dont care to drop  a CC for stuff from them

Lets add another blame to the already long list of WOW.

WOW players are the reason why ESO has gold sellers. 

/facepalm

• funconfuncon Member UncommonPosts: 279
    This game is infested with gold sellers. Never seen anyhing like it before.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    Originally posted by handlewithcare

you are to sensitive,ignore the gold wankers.

players are generally nice as far as I can see in the game.

I don't even care about the dungeons that mush anymore just like playing with others in caves.

when I reached level 150 I am finished great game but not a world that you can live in-that's a shame.

I should not have to stop what I am doing to ignore gold spammer, which at times can be several in any span of mere minutes. You ignore 2 and they are replaced with 5. We at least need a simple right-click report gold spammer feature that auto ignores as well. At least I would feel I am doing something. Having to go through the report steps every time is bullspit. 

Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx
    Originally posted by BurntCabbage

Lets add another blame to the already long list of WOW.

WOW players are the reason why ESO has gold sellers. 

/facepalm

i think i've heard it all now tbh, there are problems in ESO because there are WoW players there.. it must be the ultimate excuseimage