Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game is a botters/cheater's heaven.

This game is so exploitable that bots don;t even bother to hide. From 10s of them camping dungeon bosses to groups all following the same pattern in the desert farming mobs. 

Fully expect the pvp is going to be real bad for hacks.

Comments

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

This is the sad reality of some mmorpg players honestly. Do you really think that bot programmers would be doing this if there wasn't a demand for it? All you have to do is google: Bot programs for mmorpgs. You'll get several hits of people trying to create these programs. And if you dig deep enough you'll find that this process starts as early as alpha. Like I said, sad really. But lazy/busy players are the ones demanding this crap. No one wants to play mmorpgs like they use to be played before:

Video strat/add-on/third party program free.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• tobywong420tobywong420 Member UncommonPosts: 49
    Except that every game ever has had people trying to find ways to hack, crack, dupe, bug, modify in someway.  It's what people do.  Meridian59, considered the first graphical mmo, has had thousands of third party programs and ways to exploit. 
  • KorususKorusus Member UncommonPosts: 831

"Every game has bots...yadda yadda yadda".  I've played MMOs for nearly 15 years, never seen a game as infested with bots as this one.  Megaserver is probably the culprit, combined with easily (like, mind bogglingly easy) exploitable game mechanics....like bosses that spawn like clockwork every two minutes in the exact same spot and drop loot.  That was just begging to be camped by bots.

Megaserver means they're constantly in your face.  No matter how crowded or sparse an individual instance of a zone/delve/dungeon is, your chances of running into bots is exponentially higher than it would be on normal split servers.

----------
    Life sucks, buy a helmet.

• koboldfodderkoboldfodder Member UncommonPosts: 447

FFXIV wins this one hands down.  You could not even look at the chat window in that game.  It was constant spam every second of the day, not to mention the massive EXP bot farms like the video AND the harvest bots.

Other games have bot problems, but nothing like FFXIV.  They should be given some kind of bot award.

• KorususKorusus Member UncommonPosts: 831
    Originally posted by koboldfodder

Other games have bot problems, but nothing like FFXIV.  They should be given some kind of bot award.

I'm pretty sure ESO is a strong contender if not poised to knock FFXIV off its bot throne.  (not that I concede that FFXIV is worse than ESO, that seems beside the point)

----------
    Life sucks, buy a helmet.

• MahavishnuMahavishnu Member Posts: 336

I will never understand this kind of typical contradiction in MMOs:

On the one hand all this crying for "an aim", "hard core stuff", "longer leveling time", "harsh death penalties", "grinding seperates the men from the boys", "real endgame" etc.

on the other hand this huge market to get by all of this - botting, cheating, gold selling, paying for leveling, paying for raiding, etc.

What is wrong with you?

Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by Korusus

"Every game has bots...yadda yadda yadda".  I've played MMOs for nearly 15 years, never seen a game as infested with bots as this one.

Oh I have. Far FAR more. Lineage 2.

Farmers AND Bots.

This game is nothing compared to L2 in its heyday as far as having to deal with bots.

At least in L2 you could fight them.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by Mahavishnu

I will never understand this kind of typical contradiction in MMOs:

On the one hand all this crying for "an aim", "hard core stuff", "longer leveling time", "harsh death penalties", "grinding seperates the men from the boys", "real endgame" etc.

on the other hand this huge market to get by all of this - botting, cheating, gold selling, paying for leveling, paying for raiding, etc.

What is wrong with you?

possibly  different sets of people or possibly people who want to take advantage of those who don't bot so they can bot, buy gold and have an advantage.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    I got so used to "bots" in SWG I don't even pay them any mind at this point, at any given time it seemed like half the toons logged in were botting/bot chat spamming, in some form or another. It wasn't just gold sellers it was pretty much everyone who was grinding/selling something.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• calibekcalibek Member UncommonPosts: 300
    UO is another. Still has it to this day and it is bad. Reason you don't hear to much out of it is because of the dwindled subscriber base. Hell, I openly admit that I macroed the provocation skill for a bard from 50-120 simply because it was so boring and painfully long to level the damn skill. All my other skills were leveled through normal gameplay...but that one I could just not do again. Apparently it is not uncommon either.

• ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931

I am in game now EU and WOW they are everywhere. You got the god speed that vanish and pop up over nodes then the others I am watching him now that do the loop. Then the never ending gold spam in chat.

This is sad its killing it for me. I have to turn off zone because the names change over and over.

Yes we all have seen gold spam, bots yet come out from under your rock lol. This is 2014 you KNOW this making the mmo so launching it and then doing nothing. The spam in chat has been going on since launch. Yet at 1st it was like nothing now it never stops.

Yes I said this in beta but to ESO..this is a gold seller world.  The real sad thing is they are in your guild they run some guilds. Have to sell the stuff and make gold so..

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

None in Cyrodiil! 

I don't see much of the stuff people talk about out there in easy mode image

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

Can't blame developers for bad things other's do...you can only blame the hackers.

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    Originally posted by Sovrath

"Every game has bots...yadda yadda yadda".  I've played MMOs for nearly 15 years, never seen a game as infested with bots as this one.

Farmers AND Bots.

This game is nothing compared to L2 in its heyday as far as having to deal with bots.

why did you have to dig up bad memorys of L2 bots >> and to the poster who claims to have played many mmos..i have played mmos since UO and there are bots in everyone of them EVEN GW2. you do not see them spamming much atleast on my server but they are there.

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• BurntCabbageBurntCabbage Member UncommonPosts: 482

"Every game has bots...yadda yadda yadda".  I've played MMOs for nearly 15 years, never seen a game as infested with bots as this one.  Megaserver is probably the culprit, combined with easily (like, mind bogglingly easy) exploitable game mechanics....like bosses that spawn like clockwork every two minutes in the exact same spot and drop loot.  That was just begging to be camped by bots.

Megaserver means they're constantly in your face.  No matter how crowded or sparse an individual instance of a zone/delve/dungeon is, your chances of running into bots is exponentially higher than it would be on normal split servers.

the red part..linage 2 was 5 times as bad..you couldnt lvl ..couldnt craft mats ..couldnt grind gold or items..couldnt pvp because they were soo OP at the time and at times had to get a full group to kill 1 or two of them...a meagserver has nuttin to do with people need to get over this and it seems everyone is useing this excuse like its the 1st time ever been done or like they never played an mmo thats been a 1 big server....just because your old mmorpg  had  XYZ does not mean every mmorpg should have XYZ..yes its a problem..just like every new mmorpg it has problems ...soo many people in this world "I WANT IT NOW" sometimes you just gotta wait and work towards what you  want...dont like it..go somewhere else imo

• DeddmeatDeddmeat Member UncommonPosts: 387

Originally posted by Mahavishnu
    I will never understand this kind of typical contradiction in MMOs: On the one hand all this crying for "an aim", "hard core stuff", "longer leveling time", "harsh death penalties", "grinding seperates the men from the boys", "real endgame" etc.on the other hand this huge market to get by all of this - botting, cheating, gold selling, paying for leveling, paying for raiding, etc. What is wrong with you? 

You then have the 'i only have 30 minutes free, so i need every advantage' ppl who refuse to see that mmo's require time, well, used to.

Thats why we started losing grind, timesinks etc .. they weren't THAT hard to do, they were part of the genre that got kicked out as it took to long, sort of like removing any piloting ability in EvE and putting it on Auto Pilot but increasing speed as ppl found it to stressful lol

• AirwrenAirwren Member UncommonPosts: 648

I highlighted your most interesting point because you clearly never played GW2.  I can promise you the cheating in that game at launch was every bit as bad and as blatant as this game is and they didn't have an excuse, they'd already had 1 MMO launch under their belts.  Fyi, GW1 was botted to high hell as well so they didn't learn a damn thing.  [mod edit]

• LookwhostalkingLookwhostalking Member Posts: 63
    Originally posted by Zeblade

I am in game now EU and WOW they are everywhere. You got the god speed that vanish and pop up over nodes then the others I am watching him now that do the loop. Then the never ending gold spam in chat.

This is sad its killing it for me. I have to turn off zone because the names change over and over.

Yes we all have seen gold spam, bots yet come out from under your rock lol. This is 2014 you KNOW this making the mmo so launching it and then doing nothing. The spam in chat has been going on since launch. Yet at 1st it was like nothing now it never stops.

Yes I said this in beta but to ESO..this is a gold seller world.  The real sad thing is they are in your guild they run some guilds. Have to sell the stuff and make gold so..

+1

• EhliyaEhliya Member UncommonPosts: 223

I knew something was amiss when I went to the first few public dungeons and did not have to kill anything to get to the objective as the halls swarmed with bot farms.

This reminds me of when I tried SWG for the first time during its sunset death throes.  OMG the starter town was all bots except for one random person who tried to scam me out of some starter items that apparently were worth something.

I am ready to take the blue pill and head back to Skyrim!

• AwDiddumsAwDiddums Member UncommonPosts: 416

Farmers AND Bots.

Oh I agree, L2 was diabolical, it made playing so damn depressing that I found it quite easy to just give up and move to a game that was less bot friendly.

• AwDiddumsAwDiddums Member UncommonPosts: 416
    Originally posted by Airwren

I highlighted your most interesting point because you clearly never played GW2.  I can promise you the cheating in that game at launch was every bit as bad and as blatant as this game is and they didn't have an excuse, they'd already had 1 MMO launch under their belts.  Fyi, GW1 was botted to high hell as well so they didn't learn a damn thing. [mod edit]

It's the norm, exaggerate your comments to get them noticed, otherwise your lost under the pile of crap everyone else is posting, Oh and I've been playing MMO's for 50 yrs and ESO is the worst absolutely the worst I've ever ever seen in the entire gaming history of games.

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

What really pisses me off is how EASY these issues could be fixed if zenimax would just place some goddamn GM's or CS in game to deal with it.

They are either too cheap, too stupid, or too ambivalent to give a rat's ass how bad the situation has really become.

I want this game to succeed so bad,  but the problem is the same problem we always have.

This fricken generation of imbecile gamers, the " Josie and the Pussycat " gamers, this bunch of lemmings that have NEVER had an original thought and are like " OMG this is the best game ever, and red is the new pink!! " 

They flock in to new games by the thousands like a swarm of locusts, not to play the game, or earn their gear, status or rewards, but rather to pay some gold seller for the best gear, pay some power leveler to level cap them, pay some vampire or werewolf to bite them. Cheat, exploit, and dupe.  Just so they can epeen around for a month bragging about how awesome they are.

At the end of the month they all start whining how bored they are, how there is no end game content, and how much the game they never played in the first place sucks.

Then after destroying the game economy by botting, exploiting, duping, and or whatever else they can think of to leave mass destruction in their wake they flock to the new game and begin the cycle all over again.

And the really F'd up part of it all is because there are so many of them and because they are all a bunch of seagulls all mocking whatever the first one squaks they are the ones the stupid ass game developers are listening to.

It's moronic and I am so freaking fed up with it.

I swear to God its like a bunch of freakin drones, what the hell ever happened to the free thinkers, the dreamers, the passion, and the creativity.  How did so many people lose their freakin souls.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959
    Originally posted by AwDiddums

Farmers AND Bots.

Oh I agree, L2 was diabolical, it made playing so damn depressing that I found it quite easy to just give up and move to a game that was less bot friendly.

Pretty much all Asian MMO's suffer from this. Lineage, AION, TERA, FF and list goes on.

Tho, in Western made MMO's so far it has never been this Extreme!  ESO is definitely the first to join the Asian MMO brigade when it comes to botting.

Add on top all these inexcusable exploits.

/cancel sub and move on.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959
    Originally posted by psiic

What really pisses me off is how EASY these issues could be fixed if zenimax would just place some goddamn GM's or CS in game to deal with it.

They are either too cheap, too stupid, or too ambivalent to give a rat's ass how bad the situation has really become.

I want this game to succeed so bad,  but the problem is the same problem we always have.

This fricken generation of imbecile gamers, the " Josie and the Pussycat " gamers, this bunch of lemmings that have NEVER had an original thought and are like " OMG this is the best game ever, and red is the new pink!! " 

They flock in to new games by the thousands like a swarm of locusts, not to play the game, or earn their gear, status or rewards, but rather to pay some gold seller for the best gear, pay some power leveler to level cap them, pay some vampire or werewolf to bite them. Cheat, exploit, and dupe.  Just so they can epeen around for a month bragging about how awesome they are.

At the end of the month they all start whining how bored they are, how there is no end game content, and how much the game they never played in the first place sucks.

Then after destroying the game economy by botting, exploiting, duping, and or whatever else they can think of to leave mass destruction in their wake they flock to the new game and begin the cycle all over again.

And the really F'd up part of it all is because there are so many of them and because they are all a bunch of seagulls all mocking whatever the first one squaks they are the ones the stupid ass game developers are listening to.

It's moronic and I am so freaking fed up with it.

I swear to God its like a bunch of freakin drones, what the hell ever happened to the free thinkers, the dreamers, the passion, and the creativity.  How did so many people lose their freakin souls.

One of the best pots I have seen in a while. It pretty much says it all and what the problems is with MMO's these days.

It's one of the reasons I took a break from MMO's for many months. Thought ESO might have been fun to try out, but now I regret it deeply and canceled the sub already.

I think I am done with MMO's for a good while. Tho, there are still some that are ok and don't suffer these issues as bad, like TSW, EQ2. Hence, why I keep returning to these 2 games from time to time.

At the moment.... I am having a blast leveling up a Crusader in Diablo III and just running through Act.V for first time.

Might fire up Skyrim too again. And then I got plenty of fun stuff on my Wii U as well.

By the looks of it...... you don't need MMO's really. It use to be for the social interaction. But that is out of the window too these days.

So why play and pay for MMO's again?