Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Player Potential

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531

This game sounds interesting, not sure why I've never checked it out.  However, from what I've read, it sounds like it could be daunting for a new player.  Is it reasonable for a newby to join the game at this point?

Thanks!

Comments

• EmporiEmpori Member Posts: 6

Hey MightyUnclean. New players seem to always be joining and trying it out, I don't think many stay it seems to be a game where either you love it or hate it and you wont be getting to "end game" any time soon. Its hard to catch up with the players that have been there for years but there always seems to be new players in the game, and everyone is very friendly.

Best bet try the game for free and spend an evening or two with it. Ask to join a village and hopefully someone will take you on and show you the ropes. I would have quit the game I was so lost when I started and I think that's what happens to so many new players, having someone help you out makes all the difference. 

• SkogSonSkogSon Member Posts: 59

They are actually releasing a new server soon for pve.

Not much information yet on how it is going to be implemented in relation to connected to the older islands..

But one thing is clear, and that is that it is going to be the largest of all the servers yet.

Would be the perfect time to start as a new player I think as there will not be the same competition when starting fresh.

Also they are launching a new tutorial which suposibly is more "nube friendly" before that.

My best tip would be to start learning the game and try it out, then start your experience for real once the new server releases.

They have a Wurmwiki which will help you out allot and also learn the crafting interface which makes many things easier.

Free to live, Free to play!

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

now is the best time.

The new server doesnt have a lot of argo creatures around so its a lot safer to run around solo.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me