Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EU Server down (Back online now !)

SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
Looks like the EU server has gone down, just getting login timeouts atm... image

Comments

• kinky10kinky10 Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Yep same here, can't login, not sure why?
  • Makmax6666Makmax6666 Member Posts: 53
    Server status says online on official website...but still not able to log in..

A True Master who Knows his own limit...

• DeddmeatDeddmeat Member UncommonPosts: 387

ZOS_GinaBruno Administrator, Moderator admin
    5:17PM edited 5:29PM in Server Status Staff Post
    We are aware that some of you are having trouble logging into the European megaserver. We are currently investigating, and will let you know as soon as we have an update. Thanks!

5:29PM Staff Post
    As a result of the login issues, we have taken the European megaserver offline for maintenance. We'll let you know when we have an ETA for restoration.

seems they might be awhile ..

6:09PM Staff Post
    While we don't have an exact ETA for the server coming back online, it does appear that it will be at least a couple hours. We'll update in this thread when we have more news to share. Thanks for your patience!

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Not exactly a ringing endorsement of the server status page.
  • AstraeisAstraeis Member UncommonPosts: 378
    Closing the servers for maintenance during primetime seems to become a habit.

It takes one to know one.

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817
    Is it me or is this megaserver megacrap ?

Lolipops !

• ThodraThodra Member UncommonPosts: 444
    Originally posted by Voiidiin

Don't understand that comment, course I feel the servers been online more than most new MMO's

One thing I don't understand. On the login screen it says 5M.and counts down... surely this means it's counting down from 5 minutes. But as soon as the countdown reaches 0 it starts over... Makes no sense it's there then

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Originally posted by Thodra

Don't understand that comment, course I feel the servers been online more than most new MMO's

• papariospaparios Member Posts: 48
    Originally posted by Volgore

Hahaahaha :)

• AstraeisAstraeis Member UncommonPosts: 378
    One thing I don't understand. On the login screen it says 5M.and counts down... surely this means it's counting down from 5 minutes. But as soon as the countdown reaches 0 it starts over... Makes no sense it's there then

In my case the 5M replaces the Login button that re-appears after the countdown. Maybe your client is broken?

It takes one to know one.

Originally posted by Astraeis

In my case the 5M replaces the Login button that re-appears after the countdown. Maybe your client is broken?

But it's not online now is it?

The 5M appears when I try to log in... But only when the servers are down... My client is ok, course it happened before... I just don't get it countsdown over and over again, from five minutes :-)

Originally posted by Volgore

Hate to disappoint you, but I am

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

The 5M appears when I try to log in... But only when the servers are down... My client is ok, course it happened before... I just don't get it countsdown over and over again, from five minutes :-)

its a way to stop the button pushers from trying to log in over and over and over again every 1 sec.

now it jsut shows a timer after a failed login 

Originally posted by Eladi

its a way to stop the button pushers from trying to log in over and over and over again every 1 sec.

now it jsut shows a timer after a failed login 

Ah ok, thank you for clearing that up :-)

• AuntieSpeaksAlotAuntieSpeaksAlot Member Posts: 57

I am getting quite bored of all the prime time downtime.  I know it is based in the US, but it is a huge concern with a lot of players, and they really CAN afford to have people working out-of-hours on the EU servers.  

However, this time I believe it was emergency due to guild store issues, so that I don't mind.  

Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by AuntieSpeaksAlot

I am getting quite bored of all the prime time downtime.  I know it is based in the US, but it is a huge concern with a lot of players, and they really CAN afford to have people working out-of-hours on the EU servers.  

However, this time I believe it was emergency due to guild store issues, so that I don't mind.  

Nope not due to guild store - they just disabled that.

This is something else entirely, they wouldn't bring down the whole Megaserver during EU primetime.

Shame they have another weekend primetime outage (was US Megaserver last time, but it was on Sat night) - seems like they are having stability under load issues that they can't get worked out.

hmm, wonder what it is.  BTW they regularly bring down the EU mega-server during EU primetime for routine maintenance because it suits the US working day- it is a little irritating.  

• papariospaparios Member Posts: 48

This is something else entirely, they wouldn't bring down the whole Megaserver during EU primetime.

Shame they have another weekend primetime outage (was US Megaserver last time, but it was on Sat night) - seems like they are having stability under load issues that they can't get worked out.

hmm, wonder what it is.  BTW they regularly bring down the EU mega-server during EU primetime for routine maintenance because it suits the US working day- it is a little irritating.  

Dont worry...EU server will get placed at last to EU...SOON...

• AdokasAdokas Member CommonPosts: 217

I play on the EU server, and this is just not my experience at all. Sure it's happened a few times, and it's irritating when it does, but it's not like it's every few days. There's hiccups, but they'll sort it out. :-)

• oldboygameroldboygamer Member Posts: 139

I thought they changed it to off peak hours for EU players (as far as scheduled maintenance).

Unscheduled maintenance during prime time is only done under dire circumstances - when US Megaserver went down during prime time it was because the game was near unplayable, everything was on a several second delay, including chat and NPCa were unresponsive. They had no other choice but to take an outage.

Yeah I'm not sure what's going on. Server offline on a Saturday night isn't usual unless there is a major fix needed. I was playing earlier and didn't notice anything, so no idea really.

Originally posted by Adokas

I play on the EU server, and this is just not my experience at all. Sure it's happened a few times, and it's irritating when it does, but it's not like it's every few days. There's hiccups, but they'll sort it out. :-)

hmm, the last lot of maintenance last week (can't remember what day) was from about 1700- 1930 BST.  

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Something clearly went badly wrong with the megaserver.

I'm beginning to get a little worried about the stability of their code. This is not the first crash since the start of Early Access. I'm sure the systems are mega-stressed at the moment, it's only been 2 weeks since actual launch. Hope ZOS can get this thing under control...

Originally posted by SpottyGekko

Something clearly went badly wrong with the megaserver.

I'm beginning to get a little worried about the stability of their code. This is not the first crash since the start of Early Access. I'm sure the systems are mega-stressed at the moment, it's only been 2 weeks since actual launch. Hope ZOS can get this thing under control...

yeah, on the scale of bad launches it is way better than AOC and way worse than Rift.  It is middling.  

Luckily I find the game fun enough to put up with the bugs; the bots and gold-sellers, however, are beginning to try my patience.  

^Split infinitive.  

• handlewithcarehandlewithcare Member Posts: 322
    I think its a great game but zenimax has lost all credibility we are loosing about one day every week on service and they want a subscription fee?
  • ElluaEllua Member Posts: 9
    I demand at last 5 extra free days for all Zenimax failures in first month.