Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft Alpha Images/Screenshots

KellthKellth Member UncommonPosts: 46

Recently there has been a stir in interest in Alpha WoW (not WoD alpha). So i decided to compile interesting images during the time period of alpha/pre-alpha wow. It's a good watch if you like to see things that are not often seen in the WoW universe.  Enjoy! 

VIDEO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AP0s9y61mA

Comments

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

And seeing how that info is still under NDA (unless stated a NDA doe not run out just because the game goes live.) it was doomed to get removed.

So now you link to a big pile of nothing.  =P

This have been a good conversation

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by tawess

And seeing how that info is still under NDA (unless stated a NDA doe not run out just because the game goes live.) it was doomed to get removed.

Uhhm... pretty sure the NDA expires once the game launches because there's nothing to reveal anymore.....

• KellthKellth Member UncommonPosts: 46

Silly... i am not talking about WoD i am talking about WoW's Alpha (before Vanilla).

• TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669

The youtube link is still there what are you talking about?  It's certainly interesting to see how far the game has come from those days.

Yup WoW has come far. It's so interesting to see how they went from a realistic view to then more of a cartoonish graphics style. 
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Originally posted by Kellth

Silly... i am not talking about WoD i am talking about WoW's Alpha (before Vanilla).

Well "silly" neither was i... .. . If you ever actual read a NDA and had the slightest grasp of how a contract works you would see how you look a bit foolish now.

Any way... Never mind the second part. It is working for me too now. First time i just got a error message.

But as i said. Belive it or not but the alpha images and stuff.. Unless released by Blizzard them self is still under NDA... Yes... The vanilla stuff.. Classic WoW... That is how it works.

This have been a good conversation

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    certainly brings back memories...pleasant memories.
    If you can show me in which way Blizzard counts alpha images that are totally irrelevant to todays time period then please link it. People have been posting Alpha videos/images for years and nothing happens to them. Anyway i did this for interest not to go against Blizzard and if i was or i am i would certainly correct myself.
  • DysehunterDysehunter Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Originally posted by Kellth

Well "silly" neither was i... .. . If you ever actual read a NDA and had the slightest grasp of how a contract works you would see how you look a bit foolish now.

Any way... Never mind the second part. It is working for me too now. First time i just got a error message.

But as i said. Belive it or not but the alpha images and stuff.. Unless released by Blizzard them self is still under NDA... Yes... The vanilla stuff.. Classic WoW... That is how it works.

Once a game is released any and all images, Video and or sound that was under NDA at the time is now legally available for anyone to view, Please don't drag this out into a needless and pointless argument.

Once the game is released the NDA lifts and videos like the OP posted are fully legal and within guidelines.

• WoWatzisWoWatzis Member Posts: 11
    AMAZING how far blizz has gone with WoW , this makes me to resub.