Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What platform is EQ II going to be on

NiziborNizibor Member Posts: 131

Ok im just now starting to look into EQ II i was going to play ffxi but since i can only get it on console i have to wait a while more.

Is EQ II going to be on both pc and console or just one of the two and are the release dates going to be the same

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln

Comments

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

All great MMO's are on PC's.....the ones on consoles suck..

and judging by what soe says, and man other reviews, EQII is gonna rock, therefore it is only going to be on the PC

i HIGHLY doubt that it's gonig to be on the console... heck, i'll donate $2,000 to MMORPG.COM if it is..

thats just to show you i am really sure that it is only on the PC

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

EQII will rule, so everyone shutup!

Open your eyes, close your mouth, and make a fist.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• squeeesqueee Member Posts: 722

Originally posted by Kiamde

EQII will rule, so everyone shutup!

Kiamde, no one ever said anything bad about EQII so why dont you chill out bud and stop trying to cause arguements.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There are only 10 types of people in this world.
    Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460
    i tbought i did specify its gonna rock

• bhugbhug Member UncommonPosts: 944

1. EQ2 will be a DX9 api engine & will be initially for desktop windows OS.

2. Since Sony loves PlayStation and the PS3 should be out by end of '04 there is a slight chance EQ2 will have an Online console version, they are considering having EQ2 on dvd (PS3.)

3. Since EQ has a mac version (tan mac are fastest,) likely there will be an EQ2 mac version.

4. But since DX10 should be out near end of '04 one wonders how soon it will take EQ2 to get the expansion out to upgrade it's engine.. like DX6 EQ did with DX8 Luclin at the end of '01.

...btw... EQ beta went from 1997 to Mar '99, wana bet EQ2 will never have a 2 year beta... that swg guy is now in charge of all games at SOE. And the new "vision" is $bottomline, after charging people to beta test EQ2 (ldon / instancing from EQ2, loe/ access to EQ2beta2 slots, s&h for EQ2beta3 CDs,) one worrys if SOE will try to abuse it's customers with a $25/mo subscription fee (eg. lineage2.)