Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Face of Mankind : Open Beta April 18

TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

The closed beta will be wiped on April 16, and the open beta will start on April 18.  If you were curious about this crowd funded, scifi MMO, April 18 is the day to check it out.

http://www.faceofmankind.com/placeholder/

This is the latest iteration of the game from Nexeon Technologies.  They had a Kickstarter to get things going awhile back.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Comments

• BeelzebobbieBeelzebobbie Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Wasn't this game lauched a few years ago?
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910
    Originally posted by Beelzebobbie
    Wasn't this game lauched a few years ago?

This is a new version of the game.  Third, I think.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

Thank you :) I will give it a try on the 18th ^^

Edit: Lack of meaningful crafting (EVE-Online level, it is important but skeletal)...meh just bumped down to may give it a try.

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    Was graphics updated?
  • ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by mindw0rk
    Was graphics updated?

I don't really know.

From seeing the following, it seems slightly updated. But think this is a game more about it's gameplay and it's graphics are really secondary.

FoM: Fall of the Dominion - Battle for Titan Station (Closed Beta)   

<span title="FoM: Fall of the Dominion - Battle for Titan Station (Closed Beta)" long-title="" yt-uix-expander-head"="" dir="ltr">

It doesn't seem to be the game for me but I do think this game should and must get allot of attention from PVP players:

1. Open Faction System: Our game is built around player interaction with a strong toolset for players to organize themselves. Any player can create their own faction, and from there the world is theirs to explore.

2. No Grinding: While player progression is important, any system that forces players to mindlessly repeat the same task for hours is out of the question. Our game features a time-based skill system, which allows you to simply select the skill you want to progress and continue to play while it progresses.

3. No Classes: Face of Mankind: Fall of the Dominion features a broad skill system, rather than a very vertical one. This means that everything you progress is defined purely by your own interests, without any mechanically defined role telling you what to do. Theoretically, you could even have every skill in the game if you play long enough.

4. Player-driven Economy: The economy bends to the players, with all that they do defining the prices and available items. Virtually every item in the game is crafted by players and then auctioned or sold to other players.

5. Open PvP / Active Combat System: Not wanting to conform to what everything else on the market is, our core combat system is that of a twitch-based first/third person shooter. Few places in the universe are safe, but we have systems in place to allow users some level of protection. Place a bounty on them if you feel wronged, and someone is sure to exact your sweet sweet revenge.

6. Persistent Universe: Our universe is vast, ready for the players to conquer. The game features a persistent universe where everything you do leaves a footprint long after you log off.

7. True Weight of Player Actions: Everything you do within the game comes with a consequence. These consequences cannot be escaped, and everything you do leaves a lasting impact on the game world. No argument or friendship will ever go unheard, and every experience will be different than the last.

• steelslingasteelslinga Member UncommonPosts: 25

this game was a serious mess when I played a few years back. safe areas weren't safe.. people could crouch and knife you from behind consoles while you crafted and the turrets couldn't see them to shoot them.

horrid lag spikes, player models looked like they were made out of lego. mobs would constantly glitch on you.. warp to you from long distances....it was just bad all around.

I joined a faction and got into some combat which wasn't bad minus the lag spikes again..

I will give it a try on Friday hoping the graphics have been brought up to speed and the gameplay has been tweaked beyond belief making it worth while to resub to the game .

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Graphics are basically the same i think they played around with the lighting a bit.. but they are very limited at whay they can do with the current engine.

During the kickstarter they did show some footage of a new engine they had been working on and it looked good but they needed more funds to be able to finish it.. so I guess they just reworked all the current systems and fixed all the bugs that exitsted and will continue to work on the new engine as well.

• LerxstLerxst Member UncommonPosts: 647
    OB just started and on one of the first screens, the discrepancies on the list of features between free and premium accounts are enough to give me pause. This looks like a pay-to-win model right from the start.