Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Price of ESO has gone down

Comments

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796

Nice addition to the ESO propaganda machine.

After a release (stupid for retailers to do it pre-release), they can put it at any price-point they want depending on how much they want to make per copy. 

The price of the game has not changed.

Obviously a price war is going on - primarily overseas (from me and anyone else in the US).

Choo-Choo!~  image

• blondehblondeh Member UncommonPosts: 540

Its £32.42 on game.co.uk

• RosenthorneRosenthorne Member UncommonPosts: 94

Originally posted by Boldyn

Originally posted by Rosha

Originally posted by jimmy123 was 39.99 went in the game shop last sunday was now 20 pounds 60 days playtime
    Are you sure? That sounds like a game card, not the game.
    So obvious...

This.

There is no way a shop can offer 60 days of game time within selling just the box, as the box comes with 1st month free...period.

Oh and GMG had 20% off BEFORE release, so many of us bought it cheaper than retail anyway.

Log in...the game is thriving...there is no need for a "Dying game" Troll thread.

• MalacthMalacth Member UncommonPosts: 121
    Originally posted by jimmy123
    was 39.99 went in the game shop last sunday was now 20 pounds 60 days playtime

It's still £30.00 to £39.99 everywhere, like it has been from the start, you're confusing the American's who think you meant dollars and not pounds.

The £20 thing you saw was a game time card.

Don't worry guys, the game has not gone down in price after a week.

• WolfsheadWolfshead Member UncommonPosts: 224

Well if is game card what is big deal and you should wrote that in 1st post ^^ game card is not same as game serious mate you should i wrote this in 1st post that you are talk about game card

• DreycraftDreycraft Member UncommonPosts: 107
    Wonder why it isn't dropping in the US/Canada. I just checked ESO official site and all the digital versions are still the same full prices and all the major retailers are still the same full prices. Sounds good to me though, the more people are tempted by price drops wherever they may be, the more likely they are to ignore haters/pathetic game reviewers who played for only 30 hours, and give it a shot. Most seem to have gotten their "impressions" on the game from only playing beta, which is bullsh*t, this game deserves better.
    Originally posted by cheyane
    To be perfectly honest I would not trust Zenimax with my cc details either not after the charges they made of people's cc but 27 euros is  22 pounds . Op was talking about shops with physical copies throwing in the game cards which was exactly what Doc was saying too.

Serious Blizzard do all time if mount/pet  cost $20 the sell same mount/pet for €20 in EU the dont care much about change the price to fit EU player

$20 = €14.47

So Blizzard is scam EU player base for €6 everytime you buy mount or pet

So serious you dont trust Zenimax i have been check the exchange rate between $ and € and i have say Zenimax is more honest with there exchange rate then blizzard

Originally posted by amber-r
    Originally posted by simsalabim77
    It's not an online site don't you get it ,it's a game shop in his area.

The store he named is part of a huge chain that also has an online presence, the store wouldn't offer such an amazing offer after 1 week of stocking it alone because that kind of deal would be offered in all their outlets.  This isn't 5 or 10% off this is 50% off and 90 days playtime, that's an incredible offer that means they would be making almost no profit from it because they would be giving 2 things away for half the price of one.

If someone can link me to any other reputable store with the offer OP stated I'd love to see it, I will buy for that right now.

Why don't you call the store he did mention? 

It's 9 pm, very few game stores are open 24 hours a day.

Also that isn't the phone number of the store, that's the phone number on the website that's charged at 10p per minute.

https://www.game.co.uk/en/info/Contact-Us

http://www.game.co.uk/en/elder-scrolls-online-with-60-day-pre-paid-time-card-290762?pageSize=20&searchTerm=elder scrolls online&catGroupId=

Serious OP must be drunk or something for webpage have ESO price £89.99 for CE version and £35.00 for normal version and note that normal webpage price is normal cheaper then store price are for the dont have rent to pay for keep webpage up beside rent server space is alot cheap then rent whole shop space so honest i think OP troll beside he have not answer anymore in this post after he post phone number.

• DeddmeatDeddmeat Member UncommonPosts: 387

Game retail outlets i doubt you'll get any decent deals for awhile .. online cd key sites however, thats another thing. Can get the game much cheaper that way. As long as you don't want the disc etc anyway.

I generally use Kinguin, tho the amount of sites is mind boggling, especially if you want to search for a key and it's not on the major sites.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Deddmeat

Game retail outlets i doubt you'll get any decent deals for awhile .. online cd key sites however, thats another thing. Can get the game much cheaper that way. As long as you don't want the disc etc anyway.

I generally use Kinguin, tho the amount of sites is mind boggling, especially if you want to search for a key and it's not on the major sites.

you can get the box for under £30, play.com currently has the box with the explorers map for that price, and the 60 day gametime thing  you can also get for just under £18. image

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/31958527/The-Elder-Scrolls-Online/Product.html?searchstring=elder+scrolls+online&searchsource=0&searchtype=allproducts&urlrefer=search

tbh, if your going to wait, then may as well wait a month for the prices to drop further. the other thing is the shipping, they ship the boxes from the US to the UK, which although free, still takes up to 2 weeks apparently.. i think most people would prefer the cd keys, unless they feel that the boxed version is a must have item image

• SysFailSysFail Member Posts: 375

Hold off for a few months and let their marketing department come up with promotional goodies designed to lure in new players.

This way your get great value for your buck and of course won't have to deal with the inevitable issues that plague new releases.

• BlasphimBlasphim Member UncommonPosts: 354
    Originally posted by Wolfshead
    To be perfectly honest I would not trust Zenimax with my cc details either not after the charges they made of people's cc but 27 euros is  22 pounds . Op was talking about shops with physical copies throwing in the game cards which was exactly what Doc was saying too.

Serious Blizzard do all time if mount/pet  cost $20 the sell same mount/pet for €20 in EU the dont care much about change the price to fit EU player

$20 = €14.47

So serious you dont trust Zenimax i have been check the exchange rate between $ and € and i have say Zenimax is more honest with there exchange rate then blizzard

How the hell you tossing Blizz into this?  Not trusting Zenimax with CC info at this point might be a smart play until they can guarantee the authentication process and ensure me that if I make an account, I am the only one who is going to be logging into that account.  

By the way, he was talking about the pounds to euro conversion, not a single bit about dollars in  there. 

As far as brick and mortar prices go, the store can charge whatever it wants, if they take a loss it's on them, they still have to pay the invoice costs for the games, so the distributors, and thusly Zenimax probably don't give a damn.  Hell if the store wanted to buy 100 units, and give em away as some sort of deal, as long as that invoice is paid, it's on them.  

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Conspiracy time: What if ZOS is paying the difference in these crazy offers to boost sub numbers o.o -waits for the fanbois to react-

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Originally posted by Dreycraft
    Wonder why it isn't dropping in the US/Canada. I just checked ESO official site and all the digital versions are still the same full prices and all the major retailers are still the same full prices. Sounds good to me though, the more people are tempted by price drops wherever they may be, the more likely they are to ignore haters/pathetic game reviewers who played for only 30 hours, and give it a shot. Most seem to have gotten their "impressions" on the game from only playing beta, which is bullsh*t, this game deserves better.

The physical box copy for the pc has dropped on Amazon; the price of for mac hasn't; the digital version hasn't.

Most of the cost of a digital sale goes to the publisher - retailers basically get a referral fee. Other than the financial transaction fee pretty much all they have to do for this is list the game - which they will be doing anyway if they are selling box copies. The digital price will only come down if Zenimax reduce the price.

Typically most of the cost of a physical box copy goes to the retailer. They "agree to buy" a certain number at a certain price - if they bought 1M at $25 then Zenimax will (ultimately) get $25M however many copies Amazon sell. So Amazon's job is to sell $25M worth of the game and then some.

Deals between publishers and retailers are rarely this simple but fundamentally this is what happens. And when retailers reduce the price it is because their sales have slowed. Reductions will vary by retailer depending on the deal they have and how many copies they sold initially  

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by Blasphim
    Originally posted by Wolfshead

$20 = €14.47

How the hell you tossing Blizz into this?  Not trusting Zenimax with CC info at this point might be a smart play until they can guarantee the authentication process and ensure me that if I make an account, I am the only one who is going to be logging into that account.  

By the way, he was talking about the pounds to euro conversion, not a single bit about dollars in  there. 

As far as brick and mortar prices go, the store can charge whatever it wants, if they take a loss it's on them, they still have to pay the invoice costs for the games, so the distributors, and thusly Zenimax probably don't give a damn.  Hell if the store wanted to buy 100 units, and give em away as some sort of deal, as long as that invoice is paid, it's on them.  

Yeah, I didn't give them my card details. Used paypal. If they ever screw me over, I will dispute it through Paypal.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• BinafusBinafus Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Originally posted by Viadric

OP specifically stated £ and not Euros, and I haven't seen the kind of deal he has suggested anywhere for the price he suggested, nor with the 90 days playtime.

I've seen lots of links, none of which I would put my CC details into though.

LOL I think you are made because they showed you up. 

How would I be "made" because they showed me up?  I was looking to buy it cheap actually and I've not been able to see anything like the deal OP posted.  Please link me to a site that offers me 50% off and 90 days play time in pounds (and not on some unknown site).

The OP mentioned the name of the shop, the town it was in, and listed their phone number. 

Please do not use facts this upsets fanboys.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by GeezerGamer
    Originally posted by Distopia Originally posted by GeezerGamer Originally posted by Distopia Originally posted by GeezerGamer Originally posted by amber-r Originally posted by GeezerGamer And I almost pre ordered. I am so glad I held off. This just reeks of "cash grab" I'll wait a bit longer now.
    I've been doing the same thing because the game is overpriced in my opinion, I wanted to play it but after being burned many times recently I decided to wait for a price drop.   I'm slightly annoyed at false claims of such good deals only to find no such thing, I even checked game and the price is £45.99 for the package op suggested and not £20.
    So, then it hasn't gone down? I mean, Yeah, I still want to play this game, but not so much that I'm willing to spend more money entering into an MMORPG than any other before only to have a game experience I can find elsewhere for much less. I don't know if it's a good thing or not if the price comes down. If it does so soon, it hardly justifies the initial cost.
    Huh?
    What do you mean "huh"? MMOs I paid for before were 40 bucks if they had a sub. I'd pay 60 bucks, but it's starting to look like Run-O-The-Mill Online. Plus I really don't like this Imperial Edition thing for another 20. I think that just plain sucks.
    Even SWG was standard box price in 2003 $50. Standard box price today is $60 GW2, SWTOR, etc.. The only recent exception was FFXIV's relaunch, but that wasn't a new release. What MMO's cost 40 at launch? I don't recall any.
    GW2 didn't have a sub. I paid $39.99 for Rift. I paid the same to play WoW back in the day. Everything else I forget. SWG was a birthday present so I couldn't tell you. 

Not sure what you are trying to prove here.

Edit:

Oh yeah, I remember paying about the same for City of Heroes too.

wow's expansions are $40, i can tell you are full of shit. yes mmos were $50 brand new back then and now $60, that is indeed the going rate for brand new PC and console games.

this is common knowledge. just because you may have gotten a deal somehow doesn't change that fact, even though i don't think you are telling the truth.

whether you think ESO is worth it or not is another story.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067

With WoW I was updated last year all the way to Cataclysm without paying a cent with Scroll of Ressurection on 3 accounts. One had Wrath the other  2 BC ,all in all not a bad deal. With EQ  2 I could get every expansion by just buying the very last.

http://www.kinguin.net/category/5371/the-elder-scrolls-online-30-days/

Price on ESO now 25.99 Euros. Did GW2 drop this fast ,I am curious.

Chamber of Chains
  • NecropsieNecropsie Member UncommonPosts: 142
    Originally posted by Binafus
    Originally posted by Viadric

OP specifically stated £ and not Euros, and I haven't seen the kind of deal he has suggested anywhere for the price he suggested, nor with the 90 days playtime.

I've seen lots of links, none of which I would put my CC details into though.

LOL I think you are made because they showed you up. 

How would I be "made" because they showed me up?  I was looking to buy it cheap actually and I've not been able to see anything like the deal OP posted.  Please link me to a site that offers me 50% off and 90 days play time in pounds (and not on some unknown site).

The OP mentioned the name of the shop, the town it was in, and listed their phone number. 

Please do not use facts this upsets fanboys.

There is no facts for fanboys. Only dreams. Dreams that they paid a good amount of money..

Stages of a new mmo: 1) It's just beta. It still has plenty of time before release. 2) It just launched. Give it time. WoW wasn't built in a day. 3) We don't need you anyway. 4) F2P announced. 5)Huge influx of players. 6) Look how much has changed. 7) Cash shop is the only thing developed lately. 8) It has been a long journey and we thank everyone who was part of it. Shutting down in 3 months. (Courtesy of Robokapp.)

• riplar65riplar65 Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Good Lord....have you seen the price drops for WOW?  It is particularily normal in the gaming world for the price point to drop at most external retailiers....they are getting rid of shelved stock....ummm...they do the same with shoes and clothes folks, same thing!  Its when the original company drops it price you need to be worried.  ESO is still selling for the same that we paid for in pre-launch so I never put any mind to what the 3rd party sellers are up to.

Lar

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by baphamet

Originally posted by Distopia

Originally posted by Distopia

Originally posted by GeezerGamer And I almost pre ordered. I am so glad I held off. This just reeks of "cash grab" I'll wait a bit longer now.
    I've been doing the same thing because the game is overpriced in my opinion, I wanted to play it but after being burned many times recently I decided to wait for a price drop.   I'm slightly annoyed at false claims of such good deals only to find no such thing, I even checked game and the price is £45.99 for the package op suggested and not £20.
    So, then it hasn't gone down? I mean, Yeah, I still want to play this game, but not so much that I'm willing to spend more money entering into an MMORPG than any other before only to have a game experience I can find elsewhere for much less. I don't know if it's a good thing or not if the price comes down. If it does so soon, it hardly justifies the initial cost.
    Huh?
    What do you mean "huh"? MMOs I paid for before were 40 bucks if they had a sub. I'd pay 60 bucks, but it's starting to look like Run-O-The-Mill Online. Plus I really don't like this Imperial Edition thing for another 20. I think that just plain sucks.
    Even SWG was standard box price in 2003 $50. Standard box price today is $60 GW2, SWTOR, etc.. The only recent exception was FFXIV's relaunch, but that wasn't a new release. What MMO's cost 40 at launch? I don't recall any.
    GW2 didn't have a sub. I paid $39.99 for Rift. I paid the same to play WoW back in the day. Everything else I forget. SWG was a birthday present so I couldn't tell you. 

Not sure what you are trying to prove here.

Edit:

Oh yeah, I remember paying about the same for City of Heroes too.

wow's expansions are $40, i can tell you are full of shit. yes mmos were $50 brand new back then and now $60, that is indeed the going rate for brand new PC and console games.

this is common knowledge. just because you may have gotten a deal somehow doesn't change that fact, even though i don't think you are telling the truth.

whether you think ESO is worth it or not is another story.

Unfortunately, I didn't realize many years later I would still need my original WoW receipt for a forum dispute over the value of TESO, but if I were to post my receipt showing a $39.99 online purchase of Rift from gamestop, can I say that you are full of shit?

And, OK, I have a question for you.

If I walked into Walmart, one day and grabbed a copy of World of Warcraft for $39.99, exactly what "fact" doesn't that change? What are the facts of a "going rate"? What is a fact is that at the time of my purchase it was $39.99 at Walmart.

Seriously, what do you know? (That's not a general insult, I mean it specifically about the above situation)

BTW, I also remember walking into the stores where there was a promotional CD for WoW too. It was a single CD I think it had demo software on it. It was $19.99 But I think you got a pretty good deal if you subbed off that.

• safire312safire312 Member UncommonPosts: 26

Yesterday 27,19

Today 25,75

WHAT ?

I think these codes are so cheap because they are bought from stolen credit cards or something, gw2 had the same issue.

If its going to be around 20€ next week, im gonna buy this game for my whole family lol :D

• greatskysgreatskys Member UncommonPosts: 451

Probably a mistake in the pricing by someone in the store . I'm assuming its a independent game shop and not from a large retail chain . I worked in retail many years ago so I know such mistakes are common . I  suggest you should have picked it up quickly because its not that price anywhere else . Game.co.uk has the base edition with a 60 day time card for 45 pounds which doesn't seem like a bad deal . Check it out for yourself . 

I think the most likely thing that happened was what you saw was either a mistake by the store or you made a mistake in what you saw . Either way to rush on here and make a big deal out of it because neither possibility entered your head suggests to me you couldn't wait to get home and rush onto mmorpg.com and make a thread . Thats a bit sad . 

Strikes me that you don't think things through and that your a bit of a troll . 

• PyatraPyatra Member Posts: 644
    Originally posted by safire312

Yesterday 27,19

Today 25,75

WHAT ?

I think these codes are so cheap because they are bought from stolen credit cards or something, gw2 had the same issue.

If its going to be around 20€ next week, im gonna buy this game for my whole family lol :D

Local owned shops are the first to cut prices immediately after the initial sales rush, check there.  It's the same for table top games and other hobby shops.  Also several references to Green man gaming dropping their price after launch is BS, that was their price before the game launched when you got pre-order bonuses and explorers pack.  Many people bought from them and got preorder stuff and crazy prices.  They do that with most of their games... pretty sweet prices usually.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

ITT people cannot comprehend the difference between independent retailers and manufacturer pricing.

If a pair of Nikes costs $5 to make, that does not mean they cost $5. Nike stores might sell those shoes for $200, foot locker might sell them for $180, Mr. Smith's Shoe Closet might sell them for $99.

Retailers purchase product at a certain rate, the manufacturer may have a suggested retail price (MSRP) but it's up to the retailer to mark the price within their own margins.

If Jimmy Bob's Game Emporium wanted to sell a standard edition ESO boxed game for $750 they could. It doesn't mean anyone would buy it, but they are more than welcome to put it up at that price.

This thread. SMH.