Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For those unable to get past the 209 errors

kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

Apparently the errors being received are being caused by a problem with the launcher itself looking for an incorrect version. Easiest way to get around this and play is to launch the client itself, not the launcher.

To do this go into your Elder Scrolls Online folder, then Game folder, then Client folder. Launch eso.exe

Wound up having to do this after trying a handful of supposed fixes for the launcher and none of them worked. Currently in game now after launching the client directly.

Comments

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

This is really screwy.  1st got the repair error a few times then the reinstall message.  I'm not reinstalling nothin' cause people who do still can't get it to work.  Suddenly it jumps to play so I play.  

After a few hours I'm dropped from game and launcher says repair.  I go to eso.exe and hit that,  game comes right up and has been stable for an hour now.  Forum staff says you shouldn't do it because you're not running a fully patched version.  But who cares long as it's working.

They're still looking into the disappearing inventory.  I'm suppose to pay $15 a month for this?

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• GrunimGrunim Member UncommonPosts: 172

For me the launcher was found under the following path:  Zenimax Online  >  Launcher  > Bethesda.net_Launcher.exe

I was able to start the game by clicking on the .exe file and once I did that the regular launcher worked normally again.

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804

No problems at all here nada on the EU server.

Are you guys launching from a shortcut I still use the old beta icon from old patched client on my desktop had no problems at all so far. ?

p>
  • reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Like a fool I listened to what the Zenimax site said about the 209 error...  Getting about 3% an hour on my reinstall...
  • ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931
    EU server going fine BUT..

Just happen haha.. I log out of one toon to play another (made armor) log in with other toon. Go to bank..bank EMPTY..OH NO!

I log back in with old toon and bank is all there..screen blinked before this .. I see I have 4 new emails. I thought gold spam mail. Well happy all bank stuff is there.. a wait.. 0 gold WHAT? All gold gone and 10slots gone. Yet I get all my CE stuff all over again. All the maps again, all the pets lol.. nice bug..yet not good.

Only had 6000 gold I am not that high yet. Still Now I have none.

Edit.. I bought the BOX version just incase I had to REINSTALL. I had to 3 times. So I am SO GLAD I have the disks.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

I was using the icon in the start menu.  I'll try that one later.  For now it's running fine.

Yeah till they fix things I only have crafting materials in my bank.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551

Originally posted by reeereee
    Like a fool I listened to what the Zenimax site said about the 209 error...  Getting about 3% an hour on my reinstall...

ditto! :-(

Thanks for solutions guys.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• prowessprowess Member UncommonPosts: 169

Another workaround is to go into your launcher folder and delete "bethesda.net_launcher.version"

Relaunch the launcher, it'll "update" for a couple minutes and then hopefully let you in.