Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Had 15k gold stolen from me for a vampire bite

Comments

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    im in the AD faction and i tend to give out free vamp and werewolf bites (got 2 toons). i think it is STUPID to charge ppl

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    Originally posted by mbrodie
    Originally posted by Hellidol
    If you take a SS of it and report him he will get perma ban, its in the user agreement.....

i dont remember reading in the agreement that if you kill the WW / Vamp that 50 people are currently camping, you get a permanent ban... infact if im on my WW and i go on a murderous spree on spawning WW's it's RP, i have a seething hated for the WW and want to exact my revenge, not griefing at all, just playing my character.. vice verse with the WW if i was killing Vamps... and if i was human killing them both.. well i'm a hunter

thats stupid you think people are going to get banned for killing the mobs.. ZOS stated they wanted it to be rare n such.. people culling the numbers arent going to get banned.. it isnt anywhere in the TOS

I think he meant agreeing to give a vamp bite for 15k gold, taking the gold and then not performing the agreed upon service, not camping the mobs.

• RattenmannRattenmann Member UncommonPosts: 613

This is actually the very first POSITIVE thing i hear from ESO.

At least there is one thing in the game that gives you a reputation. Oh how i miss that.

MMOs finally replaced social interaction, forced grouping and standing in a line while talking to eachother.

Now we have forced soloing, forced questing and everyone is the hero, without ever having to talk to anyone else. The evolution of multiplayer is here! We won,... right?

• indefindef Member UncommonPosts: 344
    Originally posted by CoffeeBreak
    Originally posted by indef

Whatever the reasons behind why someone is griefing other players... it shouldn't be tolerated.  Not in a game like this.  ZOS designed an extremely exploitable and grief-able system...and they need to correct that.  Whether or not I personally get my 15k back is completely meaningless and not what I'm asking for in this thread.

I was about to disagree with you and say something like "the only way they could fix it is to make the werewolves and vampires common mobs so anyone that wants them can get it at any time, but then it wouldn't be rare/unique anymore".

Giving it a little thought...it should be easily available to everyone.  I believe this because it's not a cosmetic item.  If all it did was made you look like a werewolf/vampire then sure make it rare.  But there are actual skill lines available and they do have drawbacks.  It would be much more interesting if he was easy to get turned but harder to be cured...or gain immunity.  Just my opinion.

Yeah, I think that's a fair opinion.  Since they are skill-lines with major drawbacks I'd think they would have just been part of some really fun and immersive story line.  I have no clue why vamps/weres are supposed to be "exclusive" or "rare"....maybe there is some ES lore reason?  I have no clue...I've never played an ES game until ESO.

• mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504
    Originally posted by Derros
    If you take a SS of it and report him he will get perma ban, its in the user agreement.....

i dont remember reading in the agreement that if you kill the WW / Vamp that 50 people are currently camping, you get a permanent ban... infact if im on my WW and i go on a murderous spree on spawning WW's it's RP, i have a seething hated for the WW and want to exact my revenge, not griefing at all, just playing my character.. vice verse with the WW if i was killing Vamps... and if i was human killing them both.. well i'm a hunter

thats stupid you think people are going to get banned for killing the mobs.. ZOS stated they wanted it to be rare n such.. people culling the numbers arent going to get banned.. it isnt anywhere in the TOS

I think he meant agreeing to give a vamp bite for 15k gold, taking the gold and then not performing the agreed upon service, not camping the mobs.

yes, i went back and saw the context of the response and agree with you... but regardless people were also saying that killing the mobs to stop people getting it should be bannable or some crap, which is ridiculous anyway.. but also, he probably was banned because this guy was like the 20th guy he had scammed out of a bite. regardless, i still think the system is fine

It says in the TOS you can receive infractions up to or including a ban for "inhibiting another players' gameplay" or something along those lines.  I believe this is what he was referring to.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by jircris
    im in the AD faction and i tend to give out free vamp and werewolf bites (got 2 toons). i think it is STUPID to charge ppl

Wow someone with some sense of worth in an online game, kudos :).

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• SlovencSlovenc Member Posts: 290

firstly im sorry that happened to you op.

Secondly i think its really neat that you can scam people in such a way. Really puts the themepark thing in perspective. And well you should be more careful next time.

It says in the TOS you can receive infractions up to or including a ban for "inhibiting another players' gameplay" or something along those lines.  I believe this is what he was referring to.

your gameplay isnt being inhibited, you are not being stopped from progressing your characters level, you are not being blocked from storyline progression, you are not being blocked from zone / dungeon completion.. the only thing being blocked is your sense of "i cant play this game if i cant have the exact build that i want even though i'm only level 36 and they spawn in a 43+ zone" the fact that you're 36 and they spawn in a 43+ zone should tell you that you're not ready for it yet and ALL the people who got bites in their 20's took longer to level the skill line then people in their 40's due to the amount of exp you get / make at the higher levels. play the game and stop obsessing thinking you need something so badly that you not being able to get it when you want it is griefing you... maybe actually level to where the zone is content appropriate for you and you might have a better shot at getting it.

Vampirism is in check.  Seems to be working.  They are not supposed to be the entire populace.  Heck, even if it is not working how ZOS wants it to (kind of presumptuous of you to assume you know), it still seems to be working out ok.  Just because you are having poor luck doesn't mean it's impossible to do.

How do you know the guy was banned?  Do you chat with him out of game or something?  Did he send you an email?

So you didn't even try to ask?  There's a little thing called zone chat.   Try it.

Rambling continued:

There are to many vamps/wolves as is.  I hope they not only keep the system in place, but make it even harder to get infected.  In the o?ff chance you do get infected, DON'T PLAY WITH FIRE.  It might burn a bit more than normal.

LOL

Before "the transaction" I added the guy to my friends list and he accepted it for some reason on his end.  The guy hasn't logged in since he logged out after stealing the gold.

Could be coincidence...but for some reason I feel like a guy who would scam other people in a virtual game world for virtual currency isn't  just a "casual" player. 

Can you elaborate on why vampires and werewolves should be rare?  Why does it matter how many there are?  I thought the drawbacks of the skill-lines were supposed to be the deterring factor in whether people took them or not?

Is it some ESO lore thing?  There's a lot of you saying "there are too many vampires/werewolves"...I'm just not clear on what you guys mean by that? 

Vampirism is in check.  Seems to be working.  They are not supposed to be the entire populace.  Heck, even if it is not working how ZOS wants it to (kind of presumptuous of you to assume you know), it still seems to be working out ok.  Just because you are having poor luck doesn't mean it's impossible to do.

How do you know the guy was banned?  Do you chat with him out of game or something?  Did he send you an email?

So you didn't even try to ask?  There's a little thing called zone chat.   Try it.

Rambling continued:

There are to many vamps/wolves as is.  I hope they not only keep the system in place, but make it even harder to get infected.  In the o?ff chance you do get infected, DON'T PLAY WITH FIRE.  It might burn a bit more than normal.

LOL

Before "the transaction" I added the guy to my friends list and he accepted it for some reason on his end.  The guy hasn't logged in since he logged out after stealing the gold.

Could be coincidence...but for some reason I feel like a guy who would scam other people in a virtual game world for virtual currency isn't  just a "casual" player. 

Can you elaborate on why vampires and werewolves should be rare?  Why does it matter how many there are?  I thought the drawbacks of the skill-lines were supposed to be the deterring factor in whether people took them or not?

Is it some ESO lore thing?  There's a lot of you saying "there are too many vampires/werewolves"...I'm just not clear on what you guys mean by that? 

the drawbacks are negligible at max level.. having a level 10 vampire with all the passives, trust me.. fire doesnt hurt me much more then it did before i was a vampire.

your gameplay isnt being inhibited, you are not being stopped from progressing your characters level, you are not being blocked from storyline progression, you are not being blocked from zone / dungeon completion.. the only thing being blocked is your sense of "i cant play this game if i cant have the exact build that i want even though i'm only level 36 and they spawn in a 43+ zone" the fact that you're 36 and they spawn in a 43+ zone should tell you that you're not ready for it yet and ALL the people who got bites in their 20's took longer to level the skill line then people in their 40's due to the amount of exp you get / make at the higher levels. play the game and stop obsessing thinking you need something so badly that you not being able to get it when you want it is griefing you... maybe actually level to where the zone is content appropriate for you and you might have a better shot at getting it.

ZOS seems to disagree with you.  Sorry.

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    Originally posted by Slovenc

firstly im sorry that happened to you op.

Secondly i think its really neat that you can scam people in such a way. Really puts the themepark thing in perspective. And well you should be more careful next time.

Well you can, mechanically (the nature of selling services rather than items), but there might be consequences for that depending on the TOS.

• KailashKailash Member UncommonPosts: 301

LOL.

ZOS doesnt disagree with me, show me one person banned for killing the spawns.

also they havent changed the way to aquire it based off your needs

also just because other people did it at level 20 doesnt make it right

also ZOS probably does agree u shouldnt be obsessed over building a character based off something you *MIGHT* get

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

So there is currently a big issue, at least in my mind, with the vampire/werewolf system.

There are currently many guilds/role-players camping out the werewolf/vamp spawns and immediately killing the mobs so that nobody can acquire the skill lines.  They do this to either simply grief players or to drive up the price on buying a "bite" from someone who is already a vampire or werewolf.

Whether they are real players or not, they are botting. Take screenshots or a short video of it constantly happening and report them as bots preventing other players from progressing through content (make sure their names are shown). With enough evidence they will get banned from the game. If they dont get banned or that exploit dont get fixed in some way then Zenimax dont care about the game.

EDIT: they have been working on banning bots and gold sellers and they are now fixing the dungeon chest looting to give loot to everyone regardless of who opened it. So yeah they are showing they care about the game. Just report the botting and show evidence.

• chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953

Meh, i wouldn't get to hyped about getting  a bite from any form. There are really no downfalls from having said bites and knowing MMO's with nerf bats, there will be (sooner or later) a big negative for all the positives they provide atm. It's the way of an MMO. Not to mention the lore dictates that there are negatives and at the moment their are really none.

edit: oh and i hate to say it, but it's the "I want it now syndrome"

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

ZOS doesnt disagree with me, show me one person banned for killing the spawns.

also they havent changed the way to aquire it based off your needs

also just because other people did it at level 20 doesnt make it right

also ZOS probably does agree u shouldnt be obsessed over building a character based off something you *MIGHT* get

Oh I apologize, I thought you were referring to the stealing of gold.  No, I don't think they are banning people for killing the spawns.

As for doing it at earlier levels like you mentioned, I agree with you.  It's a bad design (further proving my point).

Originally posted by rojo6934

So there is currently a big issue, at least in my mind, with the vampire/werewolf system.

There are currently many guilds/role-players camping out the werewolf/vamp spawns and immediately killing the mobs so that nobody can acquire the skill lines.  They do this to either simply grief players or to drive up the price on buying a "bite" from someone who is already a vampire or werewolf.

Whether they are real players or not, they are botting. Take screenshots or a short video of it constantly happening and report them as bots preventing other players from progressing through content (make sure their names are shown). With enough evidence they will get banned from the game. If they dont get banned or that exploit dont get fixed in some way then Zenimax dont care about the game.

you dont really think before you type

a bot is a program that automates gameplay for you.

i know a person on DC where i play, who every thursday and every sunday, hangs out in bangkorai when the moons are spawning, with full fighters guild abilities equipped and hunts the spawns... he isnt a bot, he isnt bitted by anything himself, he does it because he wants too... and probably to feed off all the salty tears of the campers.. now i mean thats not my cup of tea.. BUT if the amount of nerd rage and threats to report him are anything to go by he would have been reported at least over 40 times.. and this has been going on since launch and he's still here.

it's not griefing, you were never gauranteed to be a werewolf or a vampire, it's something you might get if you're lucky and people are allowed to kill them if they want too, at no point was it ever meant to turn into a camp ground farm point.. it was meant to be something you may randomly come across in the world, but static spawn locations was a poor implementation of this and was probably limited by phasing and server technology.

• NecropsieNecropsie Member UncommonPosts: 142
    Originally posted by Voiidiin

Hmm maybe there is a money opportunity, become a "Bite Broker" charge a 5% transaction tax from the buyer/seller and then hold the money from the buyer until the seller of the bite completes the transaction.

LOL i might just start doing this, but seriously thats how i would have done this sort of trade, someone you both rely on being honest, holds the money till the bite happens.

And after bite happens, Bite Broker says "now both of you repeat after me.. we are morons" and logs off? :D

I am terribly sorry op, i really am, but i lol'ed hard :)  I doubt you get a response from ZoS though, it is a rude thing of course but doesnt seem to be a "you deserve a ban for this" thing. But maybe you can get your money back at least, i hope.

Stages of a new mmo: 1) It's just beta. It still has plenty of time before release. 2) It just launched. Give it time. WoW wasn't built in a day. 3) We don't need you anyway. 4) F2P announced. 5)Huge influx of players. 6) Look how much has changed. 7) Cash shop is the only thing developed lately. 8) It has been a long journey and we thank everyone who was part of it. Shutting down in 3 months. (Courtesy of Robokapp.)

• HikaruuHikaruu Member CommonPosts: 103

without reading through loads of pages to see if anyone has said this..

best way is to:

1)make them take off helmet. if eyes are not red, it's a scam (i'm not sure if the red eyes apply to werewolf or not)

2)show them you have the money

3)pay half first, half after. if someone isn't willing to do so, assume it's a scam

i got my ww bite from a guild member that's been in guild w/ me since day1 so i was able to forgo all of that

EDIT:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/67789/vampirism-i-didn-t-expect-my-character-to-become-sexy

it's been pointed out that i wasn't quite specific since you can make your characters' eyes red on creation.. above link shows what a vampire's eyes should look like

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817
    Originally posted by Necropsie

Hmm maybe there is a money opportunity, become a "Bite Broker" charge a 5% transaction tax from the buyer/seller and then hold the money from the buyer until the seller of the bite completes the transaction.

LOL i might just start doing this, but seriously thats how i would have done this sort of trade, someone you both rely on being honest, holds the money till the bite happens.

And after bite happens, Bite Broker says "now both of you repeat after me.. we are morons" and logs off? :D

I am terribly sorry op, i really am, but i lol'ed hard :)  I doubt you get a response from ZoS though, it is a rude thing of course but doesnt seem to be a "you deserve a ban for this" thing. But maybe you can get your money back at least, i hope.

That would completely negate the point of gaining trust as a broker and making your percentage off of the whole transaction, sure you could do that.... once, but what would be the point afterwards ?

My idea... while seemingly ridiculous, is actually a better solution than the OP wanting Zeni to just fix it all to benefit the jilted buyer.

Lolipops !

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817
    Originally posted by Hikaruu

without reading through loads of pages to see if anyone has said this..

best way is to:

1)make them take off helmet. if eyes are not red, it's a scam (i'm not sure if the red eyes apply to werewolf or not)

2)show them you have the money

3)pay half first, half after. if someone isn't willing to do so, assume it's a scam

i got my ww bite from a guild member that's been in guild w/ me since day1 so i was able to forgo all of that

Umm my Darkelf has really red eyes. . .

Lolipops !

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950
    I don't get how ZOS is encouraging this. It's possible to do this because you can't trade cooldowns with the official trade thing, but that is no means an encouragement to be a dick.
    Originally posted by Necropsie

It actually looks like the reverse happen.  Since I made this thread this morning I got an email from ZOS saying my issue was resolved.

This player hasn't logged in since the incident happened.  I'll have to see if my gold was restored when I get home.  But it at least looks like the guy was banned.