Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Disappointed........

gw1228gw1228 Member UncommonPosts: 127

Yah its one of those threads......

came back to the game after a year off.......should of stayed away

Ive been modding PC's for a while now and I built a powerful system and just like

a year ago game still crashes to a black screen....really?  This is still around? pathetic

Ranger has been nerfed to near oblivion and yet ranger/bear bot trains still in game gold

farming....(good job there)

No ENd Game content....I mean there is some but once you hit 80  real boring...

Small piece meal content is not going to cut it.....just so they can sell cash shop items

This game needs a serious expansion pack to breathe new life into it....

The warrior has clearly been favored by the Devs evident by its OP and why should

the community complain there is lots of warriors out there.......

You know this game reminds me of Warhammer Online a lot which btw I played longer than

GW2 and well you know the Warhammer Online story....

crashes (just like Guild Wars 2)

class imbalance (just like Guild Wars 2)

Shadow Warrior=Ranger (useless)

Warhammer Online shutdown=  GUi???????????

This game needs lots of fixin...Im out

Comments

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    I didnt read it all, but, gw2 did not catch me but eso did!!!!

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• gw1228gw1228 Member UncommonPosts: 127

I beta-ed  ESO since the beginning and plan to purchase once summer break starts.....

but yah recommend stay away from GW2  just like SWTOR, Warhammer Online, Age of Conan  it

has fallen in that same category....one category as an MMO company you do not want to be in...

interestingly enough the similarities between Warhammer Online and Guild Wars 2 are many.....

• One question..

What the f*ck are you talking about?

Crashes? Black screens? Dude if you really wanna bash Gw2 this much, come with something better. Not with a bunch of lies...

Again this stupid argument... "No End Game Content" Seariusly let it go dude. There are a lot of end game content in this game. Just it is not your cup of tea that doesn't mean there is no end game content. I'm playing this game since release and I didn't take a break yet. Not even once. So tell me how we always find something to do?

And what did you said? Ranger is useless? Ranger is my main toon and I'm actually quite good with it. And Ranger has been buffed plenty of times in last 3-4 months. Ranger is not useless. Players who can't play with ranger are useless. Just learn to play or stop crying and play with something else. If there is a class who needs a buff, that is elementalist not ranger right now..

I played Warhammer Online 4 years. If you are comparing these two games, you obviously didn't play Warhammer Online or Guild Wars 2. Or you are just trying to bash a game you hate and want to be satisfied. And you are most likely the third option. Pathetic...

• An4thorAn4thor Member Posts: 524
    Originally posted by gw1228

It is indeed; thanks for another usefull troll thread..

• NotoriousXNotoriousX Member UncommonPosts: 197
    Originally posted by An4thor

+1

Tormented echoes of a fallen Eden
    I longed for her beauty
    Yet from dust, she returned
    The dream, an enigma.... silent

• DroosteelDroosteel Member Posts: 138
    Originally posted by dinos_21
    Originally posted by An4thor

+1

Yup, those threads

• -aLpHa--aLpHa- Member UncommonPosts: 852

Yah its one of those threads......came back to the game after a year off.......should of stayed awayIve been modding PC's for a while now and I built a powerful system and just likea year ago game still crashes to a black screen....really?  This is still around? pathetic Ranger has been nerfed to near oblivion and yet ranger/bear bot trains still in game goldfarming....(good job there) No ENd Game content....I mean there is some but once you hit 80  real boring...Small piece meal content is not going to cut it.....just so they can sell cash shop itemsThis game needs a serious expansion pack to breathe new life into it.... The warrior has clearly been favored by the Devs evident by its OP and why shouldthe community complain there is lots of warriors out there.......  You know this game reminds me of Warhammer Online a lot which btw I played longer thanGW2 and well you know the Warhammer Online story.... crashes (just like Guild Wars 2)class imbalance (just like Guild Wars 2)Shadow Warrior=Ranger (useless) Warhammer Online shutdown=  GUi??????????? This game needs lots of fixin...Im out

I never had a black screen crash (what's that supposed to be anyway) in GW2, i rarely crash at all.

My guess the issue is on your end, probably faulty hardware/software.

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817

Ive been modding PC's for a while now and I built a powerful system and just like

a year ago game still crashes to a black screen....really?  This is still around? pathetic.

This game needs lots of fixin...Im out.

No offense... if you been modding PC's alot, and you are getting black screens....  you need to find a new hobby, cause you obviously have screwed up in modding a PC, that or your idea of a PC is a pentium. . . 

Please, actually play the game prior to complaining about it, those of us who do play it, know that your just trolling, and badly.

Lolipops !

• nastyjmannastyjman Member Posts: 161
    I play on a laptop, and not once did it crash to black screen. OP needs to improve his PC modding skills; it is currently at level 3 out of 100.
  • MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by nastyjman
    I play on a laptop, and not once did it crash to black screen. OP needs to improve his PC modding skills; it is currently at level 3 out of 100.

Same here.  Not a single black screen or crash once.  I've had connectivity problems,but thats because my internet sucks and is by no means the games fault.  The only thing I can blame on the game is poor optimization, and even that isn't too big a problem.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• ViadricViadric Member Posts: 151
    LMAO this game never crashed on me! Not even during the early access. 
  • VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466
    Shadow warrior useless?? OK!! i mean.... OK!!!!

• SadSwordfishSadSwordfish Member CommonPosts: 78

a year ago game still crashes to a black screen....really?  This is still around? pathetic

Ranger has been nerfed to near oblivion and yet ranger/bear bot trains still in game gold

Small piece meal content is not going to cut it.....just so they can sell cash shop items

The warrior has clearly been favored by the Devs evident by its OP and why should

You know this game reminds me of Warhammer Online a lot which btw I played longer than

I don't recognize any of these problems.:o 

I love this game though. If you need a good ranger build, you can try this: https://www.youtube.com/user/t3llularman/videos 

Brazil is a strange dude, but he has some good theorycrafting. Good dude!

• Joejc7135Joejc7135 Member UncommonPosts: 214

I am also massivley dissapointed in GW2, but not for any of those reasons. From a technical standpoint I have never had a single issue with crashes or performance.

I'm dissapointed because after this long there is still no new content. When the game was releasing I was under the impression that Spvp was gonna be something they focused on. Turns out they would rather release a crappy as hell living story once a month and rake in the dough with the cash shop. I'm not opposed to going back to the game but not until they do a balance pass, add some modes perhaps new skills and classes.

As it stands now I have as much desire to play GW2 as I do to play WOW. Which is none.

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022

1) Dont forget to update your video-card drivers

2) Warriors are not OP, from a damage stand point Ele > Thief > War. Warriors are eazy mode, but not op.

3)Ranger do have some problems(Pet AI related, mostly), but its not useless, Necro is far more prejudiced, the META for ranger (Brazil´s one for example, like previously poster mentioned, thanks SadSwordfish) is very appreciated by the dungeon community. The problem with ranger is bads trying to play it like Wow Hunters with longbow and bear pet, thus the offensive term "Bearbow", that does not contribute to the party.

YET, u can still crate your own LFG and play how you want.

And yeah, another of those toxic ignorant threads.

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

Originally posted by Joejc7135
    I am also massivley dissapointed in GW2, but not for any of those reasons. From a technical standpoint I have never had a single issue with crashes or performance. I'm dissapointed because after this long there is still no new content. When the game was releasing I was under the impression that Spvp was gonna be something they focused on. Turns out they would rather release a crappy as hell living story once a month and rake in the dough with the cash shop. I'm not opposed to going back to the game but not until they do a balance pass, add some modes perhaps new skills and classes. As it stands now I have as much desire to play GW2 as I do to play WOW. Which is none.

I also don't understand the focus on the living story, they should rather focus on updates that have a long term appeal instead of content that becomes inaccessible after some time.

The April 15th update seems to be a step into the right direction at least.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Originally posted by -aLpHa-

Originally posted by Joejc7135
    I am also massivley dissapointed in GW2, but not for any of those reasons. From a technical standpoint I have never had a single issue with crashes or performance.

I'm dissapointed because after this long there is still no new content. When the game was releasing I was under the impression that Spvp was gonna be something they focused on. Turns out they would rather release a crappy as hell living story once a month and rake in the dough with the cash shop. I'm not opposed to going back to the game but not until they do a balance pass, add some modes perhaps new skills and classes.

As it stands now I have as much desire to play GW2 as I do to play WOW. Which is none.

I also don't understand the focus on the living story, they should rather focus on updates that have a long term appeal instead of content that becomes inaccessible after some time.

The April 15th update seems to be a step into the right direction at least.

and that is where you missed the point, living story is new content but you need to be playing to do it, everyone complains they wanted what they did in a world would leave a mark to it, something changing the world, well living story is one way to do it, course  if you don't play during the 2 weeks to a 1 month the event will be over and you missed the story.

they idea was to make teh world alive, and like in RL no one will wait for you, stay too long doing nothing then you miss your chance, I liked this living story thing, could tehy do better? maybe, but at least someone did something new, not just sold a update raiseing the lvl cap and add 2 new maps and one raid and all teh fanboy saying its the better thing since sliced bread again, when you stop to think only thing they did was raise the max hp of monster with a diferent color and keep the raid maniacs grinding the new dungeon for more 6 months

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

haters gonna hate.

OP if you have so much experience with buildint/modding pc how come you cant build a pc that doesnt crash in game? GW2 has never crashed on me after launch and i dont have a beast PC, i only need to upgrade some hardware to increase fps with many people around and still have never crashed outside of beta.

Tell me of an mmo, just mention 1 that doesnt have class imbalance. They all make changes to balance things, that includes GW2. Even the 10 year old WoW still make a lot of class changes to try and balance things around.

The fact that you are comparing the game with a failed mmo in the way you did, just to try and pass your opinion as fact, only shows you are an ignorant hater. All mmos are better off without your toxic kind.

Move on. Clearly the game has never been for you.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Crasches and black screens do exist, on 32 bits computers. So I guess OPs awesome new build runs XP?

I had zero issues the last 12 months except some serverlag just after the LA under attack update. I run Win7, 3,2 ghz x 6 and 780 GTX BTW. It runs great, everything maxed out.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    so building PCs and making troll threads are two things you can take off the list of " things you're good at "
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    is this one of those people that ask to build a gaming computer for $200 ?

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

Originally posted by alkarionlog
    Originally posted by -aLpHa-   Originally posted by Joejc7135 I am also massivley dissapointed in GW2, but not for any of those reasons. From a technical standpoint I have never had a single issue with crashes or performance.     I'm dissapointed because after this long there is still no new content. When the game was releasing I was under the impression that Spvp was gonna be something they focused on. Turns out they would rather release a crappy as hell living story once a month and rake in the dough with the cash shop. I'm not opposed to going back to the game but not until they do a balance pass, add some modes perhaps new skills and classes.   As it stands now I have as much desire to play GW2 as I do to play WOW. Which is none.
      I also don't understand the focus on the living story, they should rather focus on updates that have a long term appeal instead of content that becomes inaccessible after some time. The April 15th update seems to be a step into the right direction at least.

and that is where you missed the point, living story is new content but you need to be playing to do it, everyone complains they wanted what they did in a world would leave a mark to it, something changing the world, well living story is one way to do it, course  if you don't play during the 2 weeks to a 1 month the event will be over and you missed the story.

they idea was to make teh world alive, and like in RL no one will wait for you, stay too long doing nothing then you miss your chance, I liked this living story thing, could tehy do better? maybe, but at least someone did something new, not just sold a update raiseing the lvl cap and add 2 new maps and one raid and all teh fanboy saying its the better thing since sliced bread again, when you stop to think only thing they did was raise the max hp of monster with a diferent color and keep the raid maniacs grinding the new dungeon for more 6 months

You are entitled to your opinion, i didn't like how they handed the living story, there is really nothing for me to get.

Player who come back after a break and new players have nothing to gain from something like living story, >i< would prefer if they focus their resources on something that has long time appeal.

But like i said, if you like living story then good for you, i will not budge in my opinion and neither will you so let's call it a difference in tastes.

• Nhoj1983Nhoj1983 Member UncommonPosts: 185
    My guess is the OP is running an AMD setup.  Though I never experienced any crashes like he did,  after my upgrade to intel performance was increased immensely.  No idea about the graphics cards.  I've been on the green team since a pretty bad experience I had with radeon many years back.  Never had a problem with Nvidia  (and I like their extras).
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Not for nothing, but some of your issues, might be on your end.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Obvious troll thread is obvious.

Just look at the way he types...

Harbinger of Fools