Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Resubbed recently...

And holy crap, the game is empty.

Before I unsubbed 8 months ago, I deleted my character so this time I had to start fresh.

I did my goblins, skeleton and zombie feats and that was all the PvE I could take. For the uninformed, you need to kill 180 of each type of mob to gain points that you can use to level your character.

People suggest I get a trawler and go scraping in the ocean, which is boring as all hell since you just set it to scrap and walk away from your computer. I play videogames to have fun, not sit at my computer and watch my screen for hours.

No thanks. I got really discouraged knowing that no matter what I would have to PvE and harvest materials (samething as scraping but shorter intervals of having to move your character to different nodes).

I said screw it and went to try to make some battlespikes. I needed fossils and the only viable way to get a large amount of them is to walk around the map digging up the ground every few feet and hoping you get something. I did this for 30mins before I wanted to take the shovel and smack the shit out of whoever thought this would be fun!

Somebody's going to come along and say oh hey you could of gotten fossils from the market which is true, if you're rich.

The market is DF is not like the markets in WoW or whatever where you will ALWAYS find small listings of items. People put up listings for 1000 fossils @ 55g each. The smartest thing to do would allow people to buy what they could afford. No, you have to buy all 1000, which equates to 55k gold which is pretty  hard to come by if your a new player.

So I figured if I leave the safe zone and go to the most dangerous zone (5) to do some harvesting for rare essences, I could go back and sell them to make some gold.

For the people who don't play this game: I'm sure you know how the harvesting system works in WoW. You hit a node for 2secs and get a couple ore/herbs/whatever and then you move on looking for more nodes. In DF, the ore/herb nodes have about 45 items and it takes about 12secs to harvest 1 item.

I didn't want to waste my points in harvesting so it took me the longest to get one item. If you have mining or whatever maxed, the time to harvest reduces to 8secs or something. And holy shit, its so boring. The only thing that may keep you entertained is global chat, but the GM's heavily police chat so it feels like preschool but with cursing.

After getting only a couple essences, again I said screw this. Grabbed my mount and went looking for some action in the middle map, which is one of the most dangerous zones in the game. I ran around the entire middle for 2 hours and did not see a single soul.

If it wasn't for global chat, I could of swore I was playing a single player game.

Some people will say hey the population isnt too bad. That theres always players within the cities. But the thing they purposely forget to mention is that the cities are a safe zone and you can't attack anybody. Not even if your at war with another clan. As soon as you leave the city, the chances of you running into someone are extremely slim.

And I heard a couple days back that a player was given GM powers to record that tournament they're having and he abused the powers to check a city for the attacking clan that was seiging his clan's city. And he was LIVE STREAMING this. So his clanmates were able to see, live, where the attacking clan was not and narrow down the other possible places they could be to launch a preemptive attack.

I was really hoping AV got their shit together but it turns out they haven't really done anything to the game to keep players and the population shows.

The fact that you are heavily restricted in a sandbox game and the fact that the time you spend playing the game will be 90% PvE and 10% PvP when its supposed to be a Hardcore PvP MMO shows that AV still has no clue what they are doing.

I'm starting to really think that AV are nothing but con artists and I think I'm about done with them.

Comments

• Nareith_VizharenNareith_Vizharen Member UncommonPosts: 1
    I personally lost any hope in AV when they failed to balance DF1. Magic vs. Melee. Soft skill caps. No banning of exploiters/hackers. Etc. Just all around no love for their implementation of ideas. 
  • NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402
    dailies. kill 20 mobs. get prowess. every day. so hard to level
  • KingLlamaKingLlama Member UncommonPosts: 65
    Really?? Negative nancy. Its your opinion because you don't know much about the game. Farm earth eles.

Pirate MMO Tattered Sails http://tatteredsailsgame.com/

• MegilindirMegilindir Member UncommonPosts: 223
    It is better then grinding senseless quests that other games have to offer.I personally find peace afk-skill gaining in any game, makes me go do other things like reading books or practicing my music.Then i can spare some real time and do some good PvE or PvP.just enter a clan and you'll be fine.

beLIEve

• SawlstoneSawlstone Member Posts: 301
    Oddly enough I know many people that have left DF and are playing ESO.
  • kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Why would you even bother resubbing? If you were still around 8 months ago you should have known the game was a massive shit heap and constantly losing players. Majority left long before that. A real shame they couldn't make Darkfall into a better game even on their 2nd attempt. Huge potential wasted by a shitty team again.
  • MegilindirMegilindir Member UncommonPosts: 223

You guys should read more before posting here.

The game is changing and its changing good for good.And they said that a big change is coming in the next week etc.OFC we shouldnt be mesmerized about air weight words but they are showing it with deeds of what  they have been doing.

Oh and for those who always said "The game will be dead by the end of the year" it's not and it's growing more then it's capable of.AV doing a really good job for the past couple months and the price of the game has dropped down to 19 bucks with a %50 off 6 months system.So comparing the price with value i find it a thing of consideration.

In my opinion, the effects of mass psychology of whose playing carebear mmorpg's are affecting the vision of those nowadays.So many same shit has been served lately that we couldnt see other diffrent things out there.DFUW is a different thing and it deserves to live.Not a Fan of it, but enjoying it more than any game out there, with the well balanced value system out there.

You should embrace yourself a little bit and give this game a shot.It won't be easy, but the fruits will rather be sweeter.

beLIEve

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222

I'm confused, OP plays MMO's and only wants instant gratification???  Sounds like a console game with no character developement would have been more up OP's alley.   Also what did OP think he was going to do if he came up on someone in the wilderness?  He should have joined a clan, but I really think he couldn't be bothered to ever harvest/craft/PvE or get money.  Everything OP mentioned is 1000 times more fun than having no freedom and being forced down a linear quest grinding path.

The game is getting better and better.  This latest territory patch is the best patch yet and I'm very excited about the direction the game is going.

• eHugeHug Member UncommonPosts: 265
    Originally posted by Mardukk

I'm confused, OP plays MMO's and only wants instant gratification???  Sounds like a console game with no character developement would have been more up OP's alley.   Also what did OP think he was going to do if he came up on someone in the wilderness?  He should have joined a clan, but I really think he couldn't be bothered to ever harvest/craft/PvE or get money.  Everything OP mentioned is 1000 times more fun than having no freedom and being forced down a linear quest grinding path.

The game is getting better and better.  This latest territory patch is the best patch yet and I'm very excited about the direction the game is going.

There are MMORPGs with a more instant gratification then DFUW? 1h of scumlings, a week afk on a trawler. Then you are ready to starting pvping. Join a clan on the low player count EU server where many clans are desperate for new members and they most likely will provide you with all the gear you need. I don't know any other title where you can go pvp after like 2h of active game play.

As for last patch, I didn't find many excited people. But it might be due to me playing on EU where the patch was mostly helping 1 clan which is also known as THE ZERG since they don't have any serious competition. Instead I heard a lot of complaints about the increased gear grind that the AOI patch brought by nerfing essence gathering  to crap. Not the jesus patch everybody hoped for, if you ask me. But future changes/fine tuning might bring improvements.

LFG!