Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is it these days?

slowpoke68slowpoke68 Member UncommonPosts: 545

With the big new games getting ready to launch I was thinking about what I will play if they are both duds.

I played WoW on and off from launch for a few years.  Typically I would play in three month spurts or so.  I last played for any length of time during the WoTLK.  I bought Cataclysm, but quit in disgust when I saw a hunter in boa gear etc. in a level 10-19 Arathi Basin rack up 97 kbs.  He one shot me on several occasions.

How is the community?  Any decent server to play on?  At one point I read Moonguard had a really nice rp community.

Can you pvp if you don't have legacy gear etc?

Is the game fun with all the changes?

Wouldn't mind checking the old girl out one last time and am wondering.  Thanks.

Comments

• GrummusGrummus Member UncommonPosts: 136
    Low level battleground play can be some of the only remaining challenge or good times to be had, in my opinion.

Most of the changes have been pretty terrible, they seem to go out of their way to drive off long-term players in favour of sucking in new for longer periods, or at least attempting to.

The last time I really had fun was on a level 20 trial rogue, grinding out professions and honor to convert to JP to buy heirlooms for myself via WSG/AB grinds. Some classes are grotesquely out of balance at that level, though, and with the changes to the talent system theirs no fix for it in site. (Druids, hunters, priests for example.)

PVE is pretty much a shithole all to itself now.

Community formation elements are essentially non-existent with the changes to PVE progression, addition of crossrealm battlegrounds, instances and the addition of guild perks. Some of the close knit RP groups are about all that's left, though.
  • ImpacthoundImpacthound Member UncommonPosts: 367
    Originally posted by slowpoke68

With the big new games getting ready to launch I was thinking about what I will play if they are both duds.

I played WoW on and off from launch for a few years.  Typically I would play in three month spurts or so.  I last played for any length of time during the WoTLK.  I bought Cataclysm, but quit in disgust when I saw a hunter in boa gear etc. in a level 10-19 Arathi Basin rack up 97 kbs.  He one shot me on several occasions.

How is the community?  Any decent server to play on?  At one point I read Moonguard had a really nice rp community.

Can you pvp if you don't have legacy gear etc?

Is the game fun with all the changes?

Wouldn't mind checking the old girl out one last time and am wondering.  Thanks.

Why did you buy Cataclysm when you were judging the game on the 10-19 BG range? People always twinked there, still do, and the difference is the grind is shorter by not running WC/SFK/DM for a bunch of specific blues that take forever to drop & being heirlooms instead.

I find it pretty fun with the game changes as a launch player, in PVE and PVP. Nowadays the BG brackets are 10-14, 15-19, etc.  But you should only take the max level seriously anyways for balance, and if you pre-purchase the expansion now you get one character boosted to the current level of 90 to try getting up to speed(max in WoD will be 100).

• MrNoMrNo Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Originally posted by slowpoke68

I saw a hunter in boa gear etc. in a level 10-19 Arathi Basin rack up 97 kbs. 

Well actually the Hunter class still is a faceroll class. With that being said the mechanics of low lvl pvp is simply to find the right realm for the best possibilities for wins. It is a known fact that pvp guilds run the best ratio bg wise so you need to find a realm with a lot of pvp guilds.

This is why I go rogue. Right now I am just playing the trial version making toons on a number of realms all rogues. I wont care about honor pts or who wins. I just want to see how that particular realm does bg wise.

Yes I do realize it is very repetitious lvl up rogue after rogue on multiple realms but the input I get from the research will tell me at the end which realm to make my next 90 on.

Mr. No Knows. ;p

• ImpacthoundImpacthound Member UncommonPosts: 367
    Originally posted by MrNo

Well actually the Hunter class still is a faceroll class. With that being said the mechanics of low lvl pvp is simply to find the right realm for the best possibilities for wins. It is a known fact that pvp guilds run the best ratio bg wise so you need to find a realm with a lot of pvp guilds.

This is why I go rogue. Right now I am just playing the trial version making toons on a number of realms all rogues. I wont care about honor pts or who wins. I just want to see how that particular realm does bg wise.

Yes I do realize it is very repetitious lvl up rogue after rogue on multiple realms but the input I get from the research will tell me at the end which realm to make my next 90 on.

Mr. No Knows. ;p

This isn't logical all, how many wins and losses you find in the lowest level brackets has never reflected on the win/loss performance at max level, not for faction and not for the server as a whole. This has to be the worst, least scientific way to judge a server I have ever heard of.

• MrNoMrNo Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Originally posted by Impacthound

Mr. No Knows. ;p

This isn't logical all, how many wins and losses you find in the lowest level brackets has never reflected on the win/loss performance at max level, not for faction and not for the server as a whole. This has to be the worst, least scientific way to judge a server I have ever heard of.

True it may not be logical for you. But for me it works. Think about it. For every low lvl you raised to 90 and you lost bg after bg after bg after bg so on so forth. You still queue for a bg and you know full well you are going to prob lose to some great players from some other realm. Well hmm maybe start a toon on that realm and maybe you start wining.

Just saying. Timing is everything. And as far as keeping a wining ratio for a bg well not only timing but what ppl always fail to remember is that these pvp games all have mechanics and if you are with a bunch of players who can care less about a win in a realm well guess what you will lose most of the time.

Wins will not Accor for players that go to the middle of WSG and rack up kills. This I promise.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 18,346
    I think Wow is still moving along at 6 cyclinders.It needs a Lube job,oil change,new tires, DEFINITELY a paint job,improved steering and handling system but i am sure it will last another few years until Blizzard can afford a Mercedes !.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• sportsfansportsfan Member Posts: 431
    Originally posted by Wizardry
    I think Wow is still moving along at 6 cyclinders.It needs a Lube job,oil change,new tires, DEFINITELY a paint job,improved steering and handling system but i am sure it will last another few years until Blizzard can afford a Mercedes !.

As long as the rest of the MMO's only offer bicycles I don't see the need to change the car.

• GrummusGrummus Member UncommonPosts: 136

The fundamental change in design philosophies since Activision anally violated Blizzard has, is and will continue to do more to damage WOW as a franchise and MMO than any other MMO released can or will.

It's a real shame, but nothing can be done to save it (Can't back track with the way things have went, though this is beginning to seem like planed obsolescence) I would be very hesitant to return now and invest any time (let alone money) in it, even if my friends, guildmates and all were still around.

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586
    No reverse or brake pads, just pedal to the metal heading for the cliff at full speed.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• CreatorzimCreatorzim Member UncommonPosts: 274
    Originally posted by Impacthound

Mr. No Knows. ;p

True it may not be logical for you. But for me it works. Think about it. For every low lvl you raised to 90 and you lost bg after bg after bg after bg so on so forth. You still queue for a bg and you know full well you are going to prob lose to some great players from some other realm. Well hmm maybe start a toon on that realm and maybe you start wining.

Just saying. Timing is everything. And as far as keeping a wining ratio for a bg well not only timing but what ppl always fail to remember is that these pvp games all have mechanics and if you are with a bunch of players who can care less about a win in a realm well guess what you will lose most of the time.

Wins will not Accor for players that go to the middle of WSG and rack up kills. This I promise.

If you are basing it off twinks then the whole point of what they are doing is to rack up kills. They are getting honor, getting tons of middle kills is a much faster way to get honor than spending 30 minutes back and forth trying to capture the flag. Get fast kills, let the enemy win, you still get honor. So instead of wasting 30 minutes and getting the same honor for a loss you spent 10 minutes and got tons of kills instead.

Also BGs are against faction so changing servers that you see isnt changing anything unless you are changing factions as well, something most people dont do. BGs are based on battlegroups, a battlegroup has the same players on it no matter what server you are as long as you are part of the same battlegroup. 

• jimmy123jimmy123 Member UncommonPosts: 313

I have been playing for about 6 months on and off, since beta testing other mmo's havnt played for a while.

The reason i will not be resubbing this time round is, it takes anythink from 10 to 35 mins to get into a pvp game with my lvl68 or lvl63 and other lower toons, even when i get in 90% of the time its very one sided.

LFR is a terrible idea,

classes unbalanced ( watching a pally v a priest borring ) theres no mana management for spell abilities

Armour and weapon stats give far to much of a stat bonus

Outdated graphics

Outdated combat system

PvE content is to easy

Leveling up a toon feels like your playing a single player game, the world is empty you could join LFG and join a dung and be called a F#king noob, from the lovely community of  WoW players :)