Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer 40.000: Eternal Crusade: Founder's Program Detailed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The latest newsletter from the Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade has arrived fresh in our mailbox. This month, the team details the creation of the Great Devourer and the team reveals the plan for the forthcoming Founder's Program.

Within the next few months you will be able to buy a Founder’s Pack for Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade. Buying a Founder’s Pack will give you full access to the full game at launch, and all four races. You’ll also get to select unique rewards from the following categories:

• Identity – Enhance your character’s core identity with unique Founders-only squad emblems, Heroes, and background-related titles, biographies, and cosmetics

• Weapon Skins – Unique cosmetics for each race

• Armor Skins – Unique cosmetics for each race

• Space Ship Decorations – Unique cosmetics to dress up your Squad or Strike Force Cruiser’s interior the way you want

• Miscellaneous – Unique execution animations and pets, both utility and non-combat

• Vehicles – Unique Founders-only vehicles

• Consumables – Extra ammunition, grenades, and other convenience items

• Accessories – Unique equipment pieces

Over the coming year we’ll be adding content to each of these categories to increase the value for everyone who purchases a Founder’s Pack. Unique cosmetics aren’t your only benefit, either! As a Founder you will be a part of the Spearhead on Arkhona, gaining access to playable modules of Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade far in advance of the game’s launch date. With unique cosmetics, executions, and heroes, everyone in the crusade will know you were the first to win glory on Arkhona!

Make sure you and your friends are registered on the forums (and for our newsletters of course!) so you can all join the conversation! See the discussion here for more details on the Founder’s Program!

Read more at the link provided in the quote.

What about you? Will you be purchasing a Founder's Pack?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Shut up and take my money!

• tetiteti Member Posts: 26
    No. I actively try to avoid Founder's status in my gaming life now.
  • irvenirven Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Originally posted by Wyrdfell

Shut up and take my money!

o

40k *-*

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    yes, WAR40k is one of the few titles I would buy a founders pack for.
  • asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788

Anyone remember when they talked about similar customization options for WAR?  Stuff like being able to add skulls and spikes and things to your armor, or have it burned out in parts, and other fun stuff that was inspired by actually putting the minis together?

You make me like charity

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Wait, "extra ammunition" as a consumable?  Is this the kind of stuff to expect in a cash shop?

You make me like charity

• monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622
    I try and stay away from founders packs too but dam, it's warhammer 40k. I love this universe like no other. They may just get my money for this. 
  • irpugbossirpugboss Member UncommonPosts: 427

I am a fan of the company and hope the extra ammo does not imply larger clips or something for founders, I would even be a wee bit dissapointed if they tie extra ammo to a cash shop or even worse if they made ammo like a massive "life" counter aka you have 1000 rounds per dollar :'(

• turinmacleodturinmacleod Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 166

Hells yeah I will be buying a founder pack.  

T

• krondinkrondin Member UncommonPosts: 106

Dark Helmet: SO is this Mr DvD?

Col Sanders: No! Thats Mr Coffee!

Dark Helmet: I knew that, i Always drink coffee when i watch Mr DvD, You all know that right?!?

The Entire Crew  < while covering the crotch area with hands > :Sir, yes Sir!

Col Sanders :With this technology, we can watch the movie before its even completed being filmed! 

Col Sanders : Or Buy a Game before its Even Finished!

Pres Spaceball : Let me get this straight! I can now Buy a Game BEFORE its finished? At 2x to 5x+ the normal price? And play the small parts that are ready in advance of the game launching? Is that right??

Col Sanders : Yes, that's Right!

Dark Helmet : /Whispering to Col Sanders "Only and Idiot would buy that!"

Pres Spaceball : I'll take 2! In case the 1st one isn't finished enough!

Dark Helmet : Told Ya!

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

WH40K is one of the few franchises I love which haven't turned to dookie over the years (although the rewrite of Necron lore certainly pissed me off, even as someone who doesn't particularly care for them), but I'm done with founder's packs. I think getting ripped off for the Dragon's Prophet one, then being told that Sony won't accept their own cash shop currency as payment for the EQN beta (still don't have a viable explanation, or any explanation, as to why not BTW) pretty much did me in.

Until they show the game & give people (and myself) a chance to play & see what we'd be supporting, no thank you.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Excellent, looking forward to purchasing a pack when they become available.

Blood for the Blood God!

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    I'm in. I love the WH40k universe. 
  • irpugbossirpugboss Member UncommonPosts: 427
    Originally posted by Gorwe
    Nice catch asm. Tbh, I IMMEDIATELY spotted that one and suddenly the "I've got a BAD feeling about this" switch turned on. This is coming from a guy who is VERY good with hunches(I rarely, if ever miss on those-must be heavily and positively aspected Pluto :P ).

In short: If I were you, I wouldn't purchase that pack just yet. The ammo bit(and several others) just sound...not good tbh.

That's why I ended my post with the :/

Steve Lumpkin clarified on the forums which came up on my clans dev tracker:

From what I've seen around, this seems like a particular point of confusion.

"Extra Ammunition" IS NOT "your clip is always bigger than a non-founder." It means more "You start with 5 'extra' clips of Hellfire Rounds that you can buy for RP in game."

All players will have to purchase special ammunition with RP. Founders get a leg up- not a permanent ammo capacity increase.

http://www.battle-brothers.net/devtrack

• gonewildgonewild Member UncommonPosts: 136
    As a founder of firefall no.I will never fund another game because in the end it may never releases or it may never make it right.
  • cprikcprik Member UncommonPosts: 38
    Been waiting for a proper 40k game since i was 10. Dont mess this up please!
  • RazephonRazephon Member UncommonPosts: 628
    Given that I love the 40k setting and follow the lore very closely, I want to see this game succeed. I've never bought a Founders pack before, but irrespective of what my senses tell me MAY be a bad decision I will pay for it purely to support the team. Frankly I don't care for any of the shiny benefits, I just want them to make the best EC they can. 

Currently waiting for the MMO industry to put out something good.
  • grigdushergrigdusher Member UncommonPosts: 139
    my teef are ready, waiting for more info

war 40K Eternal Crusade: refferal 4$ bonus: EC-9Y7IAZJ8UZN6I http://www.eternalcrusade.com/account/sign-up/?ref_code=EC-9Y7IAZJ8UZN6I

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    take my money ,what ever they make at end it is WAR 40k