Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

so are you going to resub (poll)?

Comments

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    Originally posted by Viadric

No offense or anything,

but you guys are making this game sound like complete crap and making seem like it will never be worth an investment. 

Isn't that what all haters do?  Proclaim the game to be the worst MMO ever, when even as a worst-case scenario, there are probably countlesss MMOs that are worse?  

Anyway, I'm re-subbing.  The game is very enjoyable.  I play it in small chunks at a time.  A few hours per night on weekdays and longer sessions on weekends.  I read the lore books, I listen to the voice acting, I wander off from time to time and explore the world.  I'm in no hurry to get to level 50, and I feel pity for those that have already rushed their way to 50 so they can be uber in Cyrodil.  Those people tend to be the ones whining the most about bugs and such.  

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by RebelScum99

No offense or anything,

but you guys are making this game sound like complete crap and making seem like it will never be worth an investment. 

Isn't that what all haters do?  Proclaim the game to be the worst MMO ever, when even as a worst-case scenario, there are probably countlesss MMOs that are worse?  

Anyway, I'm re-subbing.  The game is very enjoyable.  I play it in small chunks at a time.  A few hours per night on weekdays and longer sessions on weekends.  I read the lore books, I listen to the voice acting, I wander off from time to time and explore the world.  I'm in no hurry to get to level 50, and I feel pity for those that have already rushed their way to 50 so they can be uber in Cyrodil.  Those people tend to be the ones whining the most about bugs and such.  

So a poll asks people to vote and give their opinions and anyone who doesn't want to sub and dislike the game is a hater?

Is this topic some kind of trap to make people vote and then label them haters? you people need to be less emotionally attached to the games you play.

I have sunk hundered of hours in this game since beta and yet if someone wants to be negative about the game it doesn't bother me. I am still playing and having fun. 

• ViadricViadric Member Posts: 151

No offense or anything,

Sounds like there is alot of bugs though. I might wait until they iron the majority of them out. I can tell this wasn't the smoothest launch, but this is their first mmo launch correct? 

• AroukosAroukos Member Posts: 571

No offense or anything,

Are you kidding us? Lets have a look in some recent posts of you about ESO:

"DId shit just hit the fan?"

"Thousands = 2000. I'm sure the population will boost alot to if they decide to go F2P or make a cheaper sub."

"Can't wait for this to go F2P in six months so i don't have to pay anything to play it. I hope they aren't to hardcore on the F2P restrictions though like LOTRO."

"Ok I will laugh when it hits F2P in six months and I don't have to pay a cent to play it lol.:

(Comment in Wildstar forums) "Better than ESO, atleast this game will have raids and not a $15 validation charge."

"Doesn't matter it's bound to go F2P only mmo to really survive a sub with out F2P is WOW. ESO will never reach that number maybe 3-4 million tops in it's first 30 days, but when that time to sub hits expect a big decrease in population. It's just how mmo's are now in days. That's why EverQuest and Arche Age knows better and are releasing straight away as F2P with cash shop."

Originally posted by Dihoru
    None, because I am waiting for this to go F2P in a year or so <3.

"Same."

etc etc...

So, are you kidding us?

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Aroukos

No offense or anything,

Are you kidding us? Lets have a look in some recent posts of you about ESO:

"DId shit just hit the fan?"

"Thousands = 2000. I'm sure the population will boost alot to if they decide to go F2P or make a cheaper sub."

"Can't wait for this to go F2P in six months so i don't have to pay anything to play it. I hope they aren't to hardcore on the F2P restrictions though like LOTRO."

"Ok I will laugh when it hits F2P in six months and I don't have to pay a cent to play it lol.:

(Comment in Wildstar forums) "Better than ESO, atleast this game will have raids and not a $15 validation charge."

"Doesn't matter it's bound to go F2P only mmo to really survive a sub with out F2P is WOW. ESO will never reach that number maybe 3-4 million tops in it's first 30 days, but when that time to sub hits expect a big decrease in population. It's just how mmo's are now in days. That's why EverQuest and Arche Age knows better and are releasing straight away as F2P with cash shop."

Originally posted by Dihoru
    None, because I am waiting for this to go F2P in a year or so <3.

"Same."

etc etc...

So, are you kidding us?

You just proved his point...

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by GeezerGamerSo yeah, time is money, but what's the value of the trade for one's time? Maybe ESO just doesn't live up to that value for some?

And I would agree, I don't think it does.

The question comes when people say "I'll wait until it goes free to play". That is curious to some because for some, as I have pointed out, if an endeavor is not worth one's money, then it isn't worth their time either. Time being equal or more important.

so for "me" if a game isn't worth my money then it certianly is not worth my time. It doesn't become a better use of my time if it is free because "paying to do a crappy thing and dong a crappy thing for free is still not worth doing that crappy thing.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

No offense or anything,

So a poll asks people to vote and give their opinions and anyone who doesn't want to sub and dislike the game is a hater?

Is this topic some kind of trap to make people vote and then label them haters? you people need to be less emotionally attached to the games you play.

I have sunk hundered of hours in this game since beta and yet if someone wants to be negative about the game it doesn't bother me. I am still playing and having fun. 

No.  You obviously didn't read my post.  I was responding directly to the poster that said that people are making this game sound like "complete crap" and that it will never be worth the investement.  I'm assuming he was talking about the comments made by the folks who don't like this game on the thread.  Not the actual voting itself, which, is actually fairly positive in terms of how many people plan to re-sub.  

Once again, my post was in regards to the comments people have made.  Not that actual voting.  

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Already bought and paid for the 6-month sub...

No offense or anything,

Sounds like there is alot of bugs though. I might wait until they iron the majority of them out. I can tell this wasn't the smoothest launch, but this is their first mmo launch correct? 

Yes, there are a lot of bugs.  And if I was to recommend whether to play this game or not  to someone else, I'd say, "It's a very fun game, but prepare to be frustrated for a while. "  

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Sovrath
    Originally posted by GeezerGamerSo yeah, time is money, but what's the value of the trade for one's time? Maybe ESO just doesn't live up to that value for some?

And I would agree, I don't think it does.

The question comes when people say "I'll wait until it goes free to play". That is curious to some because for some, as I have pointed out, if an endeavor is not worth one's money, then it isn't worth their time either. Time being equal or more important.

so for "me" if a game isn't worth my money then it certianly is not worth my time. It doesn't become a better use of my time if it is free because "paying to do a crappy thing and dong a crappy thing for free is still not worth doing that crappy thing.

But that assumes that one's time has an absolute value. And that TESO also has an absolute value. Neither do. If the game has a mildly enjoyable experience to one but an intense one to another, then it stands to reason that there would be different values on time. I have yet to meet someone who's time is always worth the same at all hours. Your time's value is different depending on where you are and what you are doing. At work, your time has an absolute value. If you bring you family to Disney World, you time has a greater value than if you are sitting around the house browsing gaming forums on a lazy Sunday afternoon. Somewhere in between, I am sure most people might be able to fit TESO in where the trade off is equal.

• BladorthinBladorthin Member UncommonPosts: 27
    I've subbed for 3 months, as has one of my friends. My other two friends have subbed for six months.
  • Rush84Rush84 Member Posts: 62
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

are you a fan on the series or just really like the game or both? I'm glad you enjoy it so much thats what type of game im looking for , but  will i like it im not so sure , wish i could play a trial or somethign and find out lol

• greatskysgreatskys Member UncommonPosts: 451

I was pretty negative when I first tried the beta . In fact I was quite vocally against it but I carried on with beta weekends and thre were little things I liked such as the matts not sparkling so you actually have to look for them . This small thing made me press on with it and slowly I got used to the controls and it sort of grew on me . By time of launch I was still in two minds as to whether to buy it or not . But by then I had tried Wildstar and realised it wasn't for me with all its arrows to show you where to go etc . There was nothing else that really interested me being released any time soon so I thought why not . So far its been one of the better mmos I have played I look forward to logging in each day . The community seems nice and I feel an immersion in the game that I havn't felt in a while . It doesn't feel grindy either . Given I only play a few hours each day I can see it will be months before I level 3 characters up 1 from each faction so I have done something I never do and gone for a six month sub . If you had asked me the same question on the first beta weekend I would have been negative about the game to the point of trolling it . Funny how something can grow on you and change your mind .

I do think eventually the payment model will change to free to play but we all know free to play really is just an extended free trial'demo of the game so you end up subbing if you want to play it long term or it will change to buy to play in which case I will probably get a shed load of points that I can spend on DLCs .Either way I don't lose and I get to play it a year or so earlier than those waiting for the conversion . After six months if I'm bored I will alternate between ff14 and TESO on a bi-monthly basis . Theres plenty of games to play on the side . TSW is a brilliant buy to play game , Rift F2P is unlimited and I have a life time sub to Lotro. I love all the different subscription models and the freedom and choice it gives me .

Theres never been a better time to be an mmo gamer . And with the new breed of kickstarter games I think there will be more creative mmos comming out that are willing to take chances bigger studios arn't willing to . 

The sandbox title that has extensive pvp mixed with pve that I really want may not be around yet but I think its only a matter of time . When I look back to the kind of games I played in the early 90s on the old Atari I think just how brilliant what we have on offer now is . 

Originally posted by Rush84
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

are you a fan on the series or just really like the game or both? I'm glad you enjoy it so much thats what type of game im looking for , but  will i like it im not so sure , wish i could play a trial or somethign and find out lol

I  just commented on your first comment before you edited it "ahh that sucks" obviously you thought it was a bit too negative I think you were right to change it . In my case I quite like the Elder Scrolls games but I felt they were quite static and always thought they would be better in a co-operative setting . It appeals to me because its what I imagined an mmo would be like way before I ever played one back in 2004 .

• TyserieTyserie Member UncommonPosts: 155
    You guys, wating for F2P, GOOD LUCK LOL
  • baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by rodarin

Originally posted by Gravehill

So not only are you going to waste your free time playing a game that you think is trash, you're going to hang around this forum for a year and read about it and post about it and wait for it to go f2p? How can something be worth getting a toon to max level if it's free but garbage just because it costs $60? This literally makes no sense to me. It's either good or it isn't. 
    When the game runs properly it isnt too bad. So one would assume that once it does go free to play they will maybe have worked some of that stuff out. If not then no it wont be worth it.

Also "worth" and "value" are two separate things. It might actually be "worth' 60 bucks. BUT, and its a big but. Not when you know it will eventually be free (and hopefully better) in not too long a time.

So what has more 'value' a game in the state ESO is now that costs 60 bucks, or a game with a few months of updates and content additions and (hopefully) many of the issues plaguing it now fixed?

Why pay 60 bucks for a broken down garbage heap right now when you can wait a few months and get something slightly or much better for nothing?

But yes that is still based on the assumption they will someday eventually getting the game running roperly.

so you actually think that if the game did go F2P they would offer it up without any restrictions and just throw out the sub? or will a restricted version of a game you don't like all of a sudden become fun for you because it is free?

oh and broken down garbage heap? you are really trying much too hard. you must be new at this trolling thing.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I didn't actually plan on even buying the game, but a friend gave me a copy of it and I'm enjoying it immensely. I will definitely resub when the month is over.

i dont like any of the games that went free to play , there is  plenty out now i could play that  i dont, i played all the aaa mmos that have come out in past decade and all the ones i quit and said id go back to once its f2p i never did, well i did once with TERA but it just didnt feel the same it was like meh now its free to play the account seemed more worthless i dunno its hard to explain but  i dont think going f2p really helps the game.

ESO would have been better (imo) if it went free to play from the start , it could have been the best f2p game out there but instead it chose to be just another mediocre MMOrpg (as far as i can tell) players dont liek to go back to games that failed and went f2p.

If it was f2p from start it would have been competing with gw2, and i think its better than gw2 ? but instead they are competing with other subbed games and it just doesnt have the features  , content and polish that those games have

Originally posted by baphamet

So not only are you going to waste your free time playing a game that you think is trash, you're going to hang around this forum for a year and read about it and post about it and wait for it to go f2p? How can something be worth getting a toon to max level if it's free but garbage just because it costs $60? This literally makes no sense to me. It's either good or it isn't. 
    When the game runs properly it isnt too bad. So one would assume that once it does go free to play they will maybe have worked some of that stuff out. If not then no it wont be worth it.

Also "worth" and "value" are two separate things. It might actually be "worth' 60 bucks. BUT, and its a big but. Not when you know it will eventually be free (and hopefully better) in not too long a time.

So what has more 'value' a game in the state ESO is now that costs 60 bucks, or a game with a few months of updates and content additions and (hopefully) many of the issues plaguing it now fixed?

Why pay 60 bucks for a broken down garbage heap right now when you can wait a few months and get something slightly or much better for nothing?

But yes that is still based on the assumption they will someday eventually getting the game running roperly.

so you actually think that if the game did go F2P they would offer it up without any restrictions and just throw out the sub? or will a restricted version of a game you don't like all of a sudden become fun for you because it is free?

oh and broken down garbage heap? you are really trying much too hard. you must be new at this trolling thing.

does it really have enough  content/ features to last months at a time to warrant a sub? 

with no end game except pvp woudlnt you pretty much have done everythign after 1-2 months and then what you pay sub for what? afaik there is no traditional raids in yet and pvp is just zerg which is same as gw2 and well if it is that gets boring after day 1 lol

• CalvenCalven Member Posts: 151
    Nope, won't put my hands on it as long as that cash shop remains
    Originally posted by Calven
    Nope, won't put my hands on it as long as that cash shop remains

I have a very negative view towards the cash shop but you don't really know its there . I guess that may change over time and if it does my opinion of the game will as well . 

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by Rush84

Originally posted by baphamet  

When the game runs properly it isnt too bad. So one would assume that once it does go free to play they will maybe have worked some of that stuff out. If not then no it wont be worth it.     Also "worth" and "value" are two separate things. It might actually be "worth' 60 bucks. BUT, and its a big but. Not when you know it will eventually be free (and hopefully better) in not too long a time.   So what has more 'value' a game in the state ESO is now that costs 60 bucks, or a game with a few months of updates and content additions and (hopefully) many of the issues plaguing it now fixed?   Why pay 60 bucks for a broken down garbage heap right now when you can wait a few months and get something slightly or much better for nothing?   But yes that is still based on the assumption they will someday eventually getting the game running roperly.
      so you actually think that if the game did go F2P they would offer it up without any restrictions and just throw out the sub? or will a restricted version of a game you don't like all of a sudden become fun for you because it is free? oh and broken down garbage heap? you are really trying much too hard. you must be new at this trolling thing.  
    does it really have enough  content/ features to last months at a time to warrant a sub? 

with no end game except pvp woudlnt you pretty much have done everythign after 1-2 months and then what you pay sub for what? afaik there is no traditional raids in yet and pvp is just zerg which is same as gw2 and well if it is that gets boring after day 1 lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwZsIUn_g6o

not tradition raids but there is end game content. if you are looking for endgame raid progression then you may not want to get this.

ive got GW2 as well and that game bores the shit out of me and ESO does not. depends on the person though i guess.

i would say skip this if you are looking to plow to end game and just do raids and end game stuff. but if you like crafting, story, exploration, immersive world, and character customization....then you may want to think about getting it.

by the time you got to VR10, there will very likely be more content by then as well, almost certainly the content in the video i linked.

remember, when you hit level 50 VR1 you have only done 1/3 of the solo and group content. it just really depends on what your play style is and what you like to do in mmo's

• JonnyBigBossJonnyBigBoss Member UncommonPosts: 702
    No way. I already lost interest.
  • InvaderGUIInvaderGUI Member Posts: 62
    I'm just waiting for Elderscrolls 6 to be made. ESO is a super watered down version of The Elderscrolls series. Just the fact that you are locked into picking a generic class from the start was a huge letdown to the series. The starting area is a joke. I created a Dark elf and expected to start in Balmora or somewhere in Morrowind and was disappointed to start on some island in Skyrim. I mean come on. You know they did that because everyone was still into Skyrim.  I know they added the ability to skip it, but it is still a lame part of the game. Anyway really good poll and great thread.
  • MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    Originally posted by Tyserie
    You guys, wating for F2P, GOOD LUCK LOL

Alot of people have said what you just did about alot of games. Nearly all of them have gone free to play in the first year. Don't count your chickens before they hatch.