Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tasos Speaks!! during livestream

LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

Big announcements coming next week.

Comments

• Cristina1Cristina1 Member UncommonPosts: 372
    Hopefully saying that Darkfall is going Free to Play, it is a ghost town without it.
  • LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    Originally posted by Cristina1
    Hopefully saying that Darkfall is going Free to Play, it is a ghost town without it.

Doubt it, I bet it will be more like Stage2 of the AOI systems. Player Perks, Sandbox Features, Loot Table revamps, etc.

Although, nerfing afk essence gathering, and introducing Active Play systems does seem like a step in the direction of making it F2P, so we will see.

Edit- and the game's not a ghost town. There are fights all over. If anything, we just need like 200 more actives during prime time.

• Cristina1Cristina1 Member UncommonPosts: 372
    There might be people taking part in clan warfare, I don't know, but in my 2 weeks of playing this in September as a solo player I ran in 4 (FOUR!!) players in the wilderness. Also same handful of bank starers in the major cities and same few people talking in chat. That is in 2 weeks of game play every single day on EU server...

I tried the Asian F2p Darkdall before they banned proxies and that was really fun with a lot of people about doing their own thing.
    Originally posted by Cristina1
    There might be people taking part in clan warfare, I don't know, but in my 2 weeks of playing this in September as a solo player I ran in 4 (FOUR!!) players in the wilderness. Also same handful of bank starers in the major cities and same few people talking in chat. That is in 2 weeks of game play every single day...

Last night, I was hanging with about 7 guys, and we came across 2 other groups fighting each other in the middle of nowhere.. We crashed into them and slayed them all, and a 4th group showed up and looted half the graves and escaped with it.

After that I pve'd for a few hours and completed a few repeatible feats and didn't see anyone.

So it happens like that.

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Before I actually heard the interview I also t hought f2p or something similar, but after hearing him talk about it I think it is going to be more content/features. I doubt it'll be f2p. 
  • DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Holophonist
    Before I actually heard the interview I also t hought f2p or something similar, but after hearing him talk about it I think it is going to be more content/features. I doubt it'll be f2p. 

Which means this game is gonna die because no matter how much content they pump in they've missed their snowball phase as a P2P model game I am sorry to say.

Originally posted by Dihoru

Which means this game is gonna die because no matter how much content they pump in they've missed their snowball phase as a P2P model game I am sorry to say.

Says you, the almighty "guy on the internet."

• etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855

Says History, why do you think they re-launched in the 1st place, with a dead eu server, i was there, lol.

The game doesn't need to "snowball".  This isn't a themepark and doesn't live on people sitting in line for Dungeon/Battleground Finder queues. The game only needs a couple hundred more active players, imo. More than that and it would get too crowded.

They didn't "miss their chance", they are clearly making enough money to ramp out big patches.  The only people who are "missing their chance" are the people sitting on forums waiting for the next big game to flop.

Originally posted by etlar

Says History, why do you think they re-launched in the 1st place, with a dead eu server, i was there, lol.

Bad themeparks need a snowball phase, maybe. But there's definitely no reason to think a game can't thrive by slowly improving/adding content, especially considering this is a niche game without much competition.

Bad themeparks need a snowball phase, maybe. But there's definitely no reason to think a game can't thrive by slowly improving/adding content, especially considering this is a niche game without much competition.

I hope it goes like EVE and expands, and adds, for, and more than 80 percent of the playerbase, its too late. was there from the start, and i dont see a new EVE, maybe you do.

to add, cant quopte since it bugs. you call DF 2.0 and 1.0  themepark, that just says you did not play df 1.0, which was not a themepark, by any means.

I hope it goes like EVE and expands, and adds, for, and more than 80 percent of the playerbase, its too late. was there from the start, and i dont see a new EVE, maybe you do.

I don't see it any particular way. I'm not making predictions because "who knows?" If they continue to improve the game, I see no reason why the playerbase wouldn't increase along with it.

to add, cant quopte since it bugs. you call DF 2.0 and 1.0  themepark, that just says you did not play df 1.0, which was not a themepark, by any means.

hmm? I don't think anybody here called df1 or df2 a themepark.

Bad themeparks need a snowball phase

the above is your words.

• TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199

It took Eve a LOOONG time to begin snowballing. All a snowball needs is something to stick to. If AV makes the game good enough to keep people from leaving, it will snowball as more and more try it over time.

And people have been predicting Darkfall's death without FTP for oh about... 5 years now.

the above is your words.

I think you misunderstood? Might want to read it again.

Socializer- 40%. Might want to work on that. ;)

the above is your words.

Sorry I'm not sure what you mean.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    This latest territory patch was the best patch Ive seen with this game. If they keep adding patches like that I am very hopeful for the game. They finally have a framework for an extremely fun open world mmo. Keep adding sandbox features and I have no doubt this game will sustain for some time. I really think fans of open world mmos (even if you dont love pvp, as I dont) should consider giving it a shot. Get in a decent clan and this game is a blast.
  • -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

Snowballs are required for any MMO and the more time passes from launch the less likely it becomes... EVE-Online had thousands of people playing it 1-2 years in, how many does DF/DFUW have after so much more time?

The developers are point blank arrogant beyond the limits they should be considering how badly this game is doing and they will kill it gradually. Odds are it will either go F2P, B2P, outright die or even go open source.

Also to the person who says I am predicting its death: You are aware the game is worse off than 5 years ago, right?

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.