Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you were to choose Black Desert's publisher, which one would it be?

2»

Comments

• LyrianLyrian Member UncommonPosts: 412

I'll go on a left hand turn here and say.

Valve.

At least when it's released we know it'll be great!

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Originally posted by Lyrian

I'll go on a left hand turn here and say.

Valve.

At least when it's released we know it'll be great!

Yep, but we both know that Valve won't do it. It will be NCSoft or Trion or some similar company that has a track record or doing localizations.

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804
    This one may be out of left field but Iceberg Interactive would seem good and safe bet these days,their stable of games exudes quality only Dark Matter sullied their reputation a bit and I blame the devs for that one.
    p>
  • SawlstoneSawlstone Member Posts: 301
    Originally posted by jigo86

blizzard? no thx, im sick of casuals.

ncsoft? nah, will be dead in 4 month or less like aion

trion? hade big hopes for archeage but they crushed my hype

what else is left?

SOE, they are making many loyal fans with Landmark.

• SawlstoneSawlstone Member Posts: 301
    Originally posted by Hamger8
    Honestly it should be Sony or nexon or Square.

Sony for sure. I am so impressed with Landmark and the people at SOE.

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589
    You know what... I don't even care much who publishes so long as someone picks it up in a timely manner, and releases it in a timely manner. Someone reputable would be nice though. 

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• TheReDKinGXXTheReDKinGXX Member Posts: 4

i dont really care that much who ever is the publisher as long as he takes care of my black desert :) 

but for me personally i never had trouble with blizzard other than their games are "farm based"or"pro based(non casual friendly) 

so yeah i just hope this game lives up and reaches jordan someday :) 

• amber-ramber-r Member Posts: 323

The best current mmo company I've dealth with is Enmasse, they do pretty much everything right and even though it leads to less profits they put their players first.  Best MMO company I've seen, it's just sad that they don't make money because they really are amazing.

Having said that, when they say they don't care about money...we all know that's not the truth because they will go with whoever offers the most money.  Black desert is going to suffer the same problems as Tera, it won't run well on most western computers leading to low fps and as such low player numbers, it will suffer from lack of content due to spreading itself too thin over multiple regions with a small dev team.  Also Korean games simply are not popular in the west.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Enmasse has the best customer service and player interaction of any MMO company. They would be my go to choice. However I wouldn't mind seeing blizzard just because the games publicity and hype would skyrocket to epic proportions.

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207
    The one that eliminates the ridiculous delayed releases of Korean MMO's and provides us with a global launch.
  • Colt47Colt47 Member UncommonPosts: 549
    Originally posted by Sawlstone
    Originally posted by jigo86

blizzard? no thx, im sick of casuals.

ncsoft? nah, will be dead in 4 month or less like aion

trion? hade big hopes for archeage but they crushed my hype

what else is left?

SOE, they are making many loyal fans with Landmark.

Given their practices, I'm not sure I'd trust them with a property that was not Everquest based.  They love to devote resources to their "core" franchises while running skeleton crews on everything else.

• Agnostic42Agnostic42 Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Originally posted by Sawlstone
    Originally posted by Hamger8
    Honestly it should be Sony or nexon or Square.

Sony for sure. I am so impressed with Landmark and the people at SOE.

Also if SOE produces the game, I can play it with perks on my all-access pass. That's about the only way I would play it. It looks good, but... yeah, just ... yeah...

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

in order from 3 to 1

3) Turbine

2) Trion

1) CCP

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    Originally posted by amber-r

The best current mmo company I've dealth with is Enmasse, they do pretty much everything right and even though it leads to less profits they put their players first.  Best MMO company I've seen, it's just sad that they don't make money because they really are amazing.

Having said that, when they say they don't care about money...we all know that's not the truth because they will go with whoever offers the most money.  Black desert is going to suffer the same problems as Tera, it won't run well on most western computers leading to low fps and as such low player numbers, it will suffer from lack of content due to spreading itself too thin over multiple regions with a small dev team.  Also Korean games simply are not popular in the west.

this is true, i forgot EME.  their FTP is pretty decent.  they'd be a good choice as well.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Hard question

1.  SOE - yes, they suck and they break everything...but they did make SWG.  At this point they have to realize to get back to a big title like that, they need to take some chances.  From the looks of EQ Next, they seem ready to take chances with pvp and a sandbox.  I'd give them a shot.

2.  NC Soft - They failed miserably with GW2, but they also made L2.  If they stuck with the L2 roots better, controlled things like botting...they could pull it off as well.

Main point is, we need a company that will take chances with pvp and open world.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• manio22manio22 Member UncommonPosts: 35
    gPotato or Snail :D   Seriously though, best would be Trion , but they are already occupied with Archeage so...

I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it
    --Voltaire

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

Possibly SOE.

I'm really not sure, but it would have to be a publisher who doesn't outsource the game in Europe.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• gimmiblackdesertnowgimmiblackdesertnow Member Posts: 56
    Epic Games?
  • gimmiblackdesertnowgimmiblackdesertnow Member Posts: 56
    Does it really need a publisher? Can't they just shove it up to Steam?
  • Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633

En Masse would be the best choice I think. They have experience with localizing a game and doing it well. The problems TERA faces is no fault of En Masse as a publisher, but of BHS as the developer. 

EME has a very good relationship with their community. Great customer support. The only thing I am not sure about is their manpower. But I would like to see EME get a game that actually has potential to succeed without all the issues (read legal issues) that threwTERA into the abyss. 

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

• davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458

Trion

ArenaNet    :D