Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

These will ruin WoW

WikileaksEUWikileaksEU Member UncommonPosts: 108

These MMORPGS will ruin WoW once and for all. Together they will beat the ugly beast and put it to sleep. You wonder which MMORPGS?

1. Wildstar (PC)

2. Elder Scrolls Online (PC and console)

3. Guild Wars 2 (PC)

4. Destiny (Console only)

5. Lineage Eternal (PC)

Comments

• WikileaksEUWikileaksEU Member UncommonPosts: 108
    bump. Everyone need to know that WoW will die soon. Don't be surprised.
  • DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    It will then switch to F2P and rape all those in profit for the next few years. Dude stop trying because the WoW-killer bandwagon passed by 4-5 years ago at the latest, today we just don't really care anymore.

• Any specific reasons these MMOs won't go on F2P life support as similar reskinned WoW clones always do?

• theNILVtheNILV Member UncommonPosts: 49
    Originally posted by WikileaksEU

These MMORPGS will ruin WoW once and for all. Together they will beat the ugly beast and put it to sleep. You wonder which MMORPGS?

1. Wildstar (PC)

2. Elder Scrolls Online (PC and console)

3. Guild Wars 2 (PC)

4. Destiny (Console only)

5. Lineage Eternal (PC)

Proud member of best EU roleplaying guild
    Twitter - @theNILV
    Twitch - @theNILV
  • GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519
    Originally posted by Dihoru
    It will then switch to F2P and rape all those in profit for the next few years. Dude stop trying because the WoW-killer bandwagon passed by 4-5 years ago at the latest, today we just don't really care anymore.

LOL QFT. I remember the first WoW killer game and it was killed by WoW. There is no WoW killer game. WoW will never die because its A B and C.

WoW will kill WoW, in 6 years OP. so next post about upcoming mmo's just say what ya gonna be playing. thread and let wow kill itself.

• WikileaksEUWikileaksEU Member UncommonPosts: 108
    The force of 5 is stronger than 1. The games of unison will lay waste to the WoW-genre. WoW isn't mmorpg, it's all an illusion. WoW is a genre in itself and it will now die.
  • SmikisSmikis Member UncommonPosts: 1,045

why do you care, none of those games will do anything to wow, gw2 already failed in eyes of many, not to mention it isnt doing anything to wow, teso shapesto be failure of 2014, wildstar wont take players from wow that play it as social mmorpg

destiny and lineage eternal are different games, not to mention lineage eternal is miles away

wow was always genre on its own, a social mmorpg which offers pretty much everything that any other mmorpg offers + your friendlist, and those people will stick to wow, those that play for content left ages ago, and returned 20 times, then left another 20 times, you dont have to playsingle mmo. i havent played wow in 2-3 years, but this topic is borderline retarded

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

Do I really need to point out how many times people have said games, or groups of games, were going to kill WoW but failed miserably?

Also, I think it's pretty despicable that you want the preferred game of millions of people to die off just because you don't like it, or because of the grossly mistaken belief that it  'ruined the genre'. Don't like it, don't play it, and go away.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• AroukosAroukos Member Posts: 571

I m playing WoW for almost 9 years. I have 2 more months in my acc but i don't have the mood even to log in. I really got sick of it and i m moving to WildStar. And believe me i want WildStar to be fine and stay there. Not just play for 1 month. I m hoping the same for ESO and players who like it, despite i don't.

But can you explain what you mean by "Ruin WoW"?

Do you mean WoW will drop down to 6m subs? 5? 4? 3? 2? Even if it drops under 2m (wont happen anyway in the near future) subs it will still have the largest sub player base in the market. Can you pls name me a game with more than 1m subs, especially after the free month?

TESO will be happy if after the free month can hold above 500-600k. Same goes for WildStar. I ll be very happy if it gets close to 1m at release.

Even after ESO released, the drop for WoW was at least tiny and tbh i think all these ppl will get back soon enough or at least with WoD, as always. I don't think i ll buy WoD but as always millions will do it again and this time to be fair the Expansion is way better than Cata & Panda.

So how will this happen? Can you pls explain us the way?

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223
    Originally posted by Robokapp

while your provocative trolling is too obvious to be entertained with a direct answer, a very unsettling thought just came to me...

WoW is the Roman Empire. It was born from the achievements of others in a space roughly unclaimed, it has conquered absorbed or eradicated its neighbors, it has grown big, decadent and over time ... inefficient.

yet when it falls, what we have next are many centuries of Dark Ages.

The capital of the known MMO universe is the Stormwind Cathedral. Things will get very dark without the Cathedral of Light playing this central role.

The only ones who'd want WoW to fail are barbarians. Migrating tribes. content locusts. F2P worshippers.

{I wonder if I'll get unbanned for this post by the time the Dark Ages end).

In your dreams Alliance scum!!  image

Everyone knows that the Roman Empire continued, just in a different guise. The West fell first, but the East took a while to fall. The West has been trying to recreate the Roman Empire ever since and it has pretty much lived on until our day.

This could perhaps be a sign that the "Dark Ages" will not be without any form of WoW... just a reduced, and changed WoW and many other companies will try to recreate it. Not like they haven't been trying already.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Those 5 games are not even slightly capable of drawing players away from WoW, maybe the OP wrote them by mistake? the lineage eternal one in particular made me laugh, can't help but feel this is some kind of belated april fools joke, no way it can be taken seriously image
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Well that was entertaining.

Time is the only thing that will kill WoW. Times ruins everything.

Yes maybe those five combined will take a chunk out of WoW.... But here is the kicker... WoW was so many peoples "first" and sit at such a strong nostalgic position that it will take a very long time for enough people to really quit it to make any difference. People try the new, then go back to the old at some point.

That is why nostalgia is such a important key in marketing.

This have been a good conversation

This discussion has been closed.