Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TESO booted from #1 best MMORPG?

Comments

• SoMuchMassSoMuchMass Member Posts: 548
    Originally posted by Karteli

ESO looks good, and people who post anything less than fanism look bad.  Guess we heard the last from you .... right? .... right???  the ultimate point and all...

Oh not even close, I am starting to like these forums.  This is the first you hear from me, not the last.  In regards to your second point, try to focus on actual legit issues instead of trivial things like this.  You are just making the actual game look good when you have to go this far to find imaginary  faults.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by SoMuchMass

ESO looks good, and people who post anything less than fanism look bad.  Guess we heard the last from you .... right? .... right???  the ultimate point and all...

Oh not even close, I am starting to like these forums.  This is the first you hear from me, not the last.  In regards to your second point, try to focus on actual legit issues instead of trivial things like this.  You are just making the actual game look good when you have to go this far to find imaginary  faults.

Another horrible argument.

Hey guys, people are complaining about trivial things about the game. That means it must be AWESOME! It's hard to know where you get pull these blatant fallacies from.

Originally posted by BeansnBread

Hey guys, people are complaining about trivial things about the game. That means it must be AWESOME! It's hard to know where you get pull these blatant fallacies from.

I actually didn't say "it must be awesome", I said you are making the game look good when you are not focusing on actual issues, which exist.  Another horrible tangent.

I actually didn't say "it must be awesome", I said you are making the game look good when you are not focusing on actual issues, which exist.  Another horrible tangent.

I agree it was a horrible tangent. Invented by YOU.

You told him he was making the game look good. What kind of a ridiculous comment is that? He is not making the game look good. I mean, you've spent your entire time trying to accuse people of making the game look bad. Now you are blatantly saying they are actually making it look good.

I just don't know what to say about this.

You told him he was making the game look good. What kind of a ridiculous comment is that? He is not making the game look good. I mean, you've spent your entire time trying to accuse people of making the game look bad. Now you are blatantly saying they are actually making it look good.

When you have pick on issues as trivial as the score moving 0.06 it means there is not a lot of other arguments to be made.  It is just silly and amusing at the same time.  Threads like this make the game look good, because people are probably scratching their heads over silly posts like this which have no substance or valid complaints.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

When you have pick on issues as trivial as the score moving 0.06 it means there is not a lot of other arguments to be made.  It is just silly and amusing at the same time.  Threads like this make the game look good, because people are probably scratching their heads over silly posts like this which have no substance or valid complaints.

Actually it moved by 0.2, enough to drop to #4 .. from 8.75 to 8.5.

Which means people somewhere have decremented the score to make that possible.  The topic of this thread, about TESO being tossed from the #1 spot and all. [there was 140 voters last week, and 140 voters this week]

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• zwei2zwei2 Member Posts: 361
    Something must be wrong if there are players consider this as newsworthy, and something will be very wrong if ESO keeps having the first spot always without moving. Changes always happen, especially when there are competition. Being in the Top 10 is quite spectacular. Or as some say, means nothing, as other forum readers can just log in to their alt account and vote to win.

The possibility of the universe collapsing into a singularity is higher than the birth of a perfect MMORPG.

• WinstonSmithWinstonSmith Member Posts: 8
    For me, its still #1

Which means people somewhere have decremented the score to make that possible.  The topic of this thread, about TESO being tossed from the #1 spot and all. [there was 140 voters last week, and 140 voters this week]

It has 180 votes now.  If it had 140 votes last week, it added 40 more after the Reddit thread about it today.  If anything what happened was someone was boasting on Reddit about how it was #1.  A couple of people that didn't like that voted with 1s and it went down due to the overall low sample size.

The most amusing part of all this is how the scores keep changing even during this discussion.

• NavekNavek Member UncommonPosts: 71
    Originally posted by bcbully
    NCsoft pays more money.

I loled, all those bot dollahs being used for good purpose, gotta love NCsoft.

Originally posted by zwei2
    Being in the Top 10 is quite spectacular. Or as some say, means nothing, as other forum readers can just log in to their alt account and vote to win.

Right now the top games are 8.58 and ESO is 8.58 and yet some people try to twist that into a terrible thing.  Pretty hilarious.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

It has 180 votes now.  If it had 140 votes last week, it added 40 more after the Reddit thread about it today.  If anything what happened was someone was boasting on Reddit about how it was #1.  A couple of people that didn't like that voted with 1s and it went down due to the overall low sample size.

The most amusing part of all this is how the scores keep changing even during this discussion.

I find that amusing too. down, then, up, down, now up some more....

=D

perhaps a more accurate rating will arise from this.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• AdokasAdokas Member CommonPosts: 217
    Huh. I wasn't even aware there was a vote, and I frequent this site daily. Also I love ESO. It's a great game, and I can't remember enjoying myself like this in an MMO, since I played Myth of Soma and vanilla WoW.
  • keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Karteli why do you get so much pleasure in these forums knocking the game in every thread?

There Is Always Hope!

• ZhirocZhiroc Member UncommonPosts: 220
    Originally posted by Dauntis
    I think ESO (there is no f'ing T) is perhaps one of the worst MMOs I have ever played. It is a POS. My opinion and I am entitled to it. However, I didn't vote in your silly poll so don't blame me. 

According to http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/, the name of the game is "The Elder Scrolls Online", thus TESO is an appropriate acronym.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

Dear merciful gods...

For the guys saying this isn't relevant in any way: 160ish people voted and 40 did so, according to your logic, at the behest of reddit, problem is why did so few vote beforehand? And why with all the hate around games like GW2 they held onto their top stop longer? Faulty logic there.

For the guys saying it is relevant: You still have to prove that the 160 is statistically relevant aside from historical data gathered from other games. The notion that TESO is so dimly viewed because console players do not visit the boards or that they are new players is a weak argument on part of its defenders but the burden of proof still need to be provided because "people would vote if they liked it" is a bit faulty because while it does reference past examples the conditions aren't even remotely the same and trying to garner information through social sciences is akin to squeezing water from dry rock.

Put bluntly neither side is completely right nor completely wrong and until numbers are provided by ZOS, 2-3 months from now if they follow standard dev bragging routines, neither side can be vindicated because it truly, objectively, hinges on how significant a sample size 160 is and no amount of "THE GAME CHANNELS ARE ALWAYS FULL!" or "MORE PEOPLE WOULD HAVE VOTED IF THEY LOVED IT!" will change that so calm your horses guys.

PS: If I ever see someone refer to an open world game as a sandbox I will make them down 2 liters of ghost pepper juice.

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    Originally posted by dxsaoshi
    It's because of all the trolls who vote 1 when they haven't even played the game. GG mmorpg review system. Just like metacritic it caters to trolls.

Because everyone who doesn't agree is a troll...

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by tixylix
    Originally posted by dxsaoshi
    It's because of all the trolls who vote 1 when they haven't even played the game. GG mmorpg review system. Just like metacritic it caters to trolls.

Because everyone who doesn't agree is a troll...

In Soviet Russia...

• coorsguyscoorsguys Member Posts: 272
    Originally posted by keithian
    Karteli why do you get so much pleasure in these forums knocking the game in every thread?

If you look at his history looks like he did the same thing to SWTOR for over two years.  If history repeats itself we will get these bashing attempts from him for the next two years .  

• DaOrcDaOrc Member Posts: 49
    Originally posted by coorsguys
    Originally posted by keithian

If you look at his history looks like he did the same thing to SWTOR for over two years.  If history repeats itself we will get these bashing attempts from him for the next two years .  

And he seems to be a fanboy of ArcheAge, not surprising because seems like a lot of them on the ESO section.  Their time will come.

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    Good. NOw please throw GW2 from #1
    Originally posted by mindw0rk

Independent of ESO's score, the fact that GW2 is number 1 is the biggest joke of it all and goes to show the ratings mean nothing.

Originally posted by DaOrc

Independent of ESO's score, the fact that GW2 is number 1 is the biggest joke of it all and goes to show the ratings mean nothing.

Or it means that you don't like GW2 and you have difficulty understanding that other people like different things than you.

Or it means that you don't like GW2 and you have difficulty understanding that other people like different things than you.

No I mean most of it came during the hype period within the first 2 weeks, before the game feel flat on its face.  Most of the ratings came when there were forum posts on GW2Guru telling people to vote it up.   Also, saw organized pushes on streams telling people to do the same.

No I mean it was bad, most of the ratings came when there were forum posts on GW2Guru telling people to vote it up.   Also, saw organized pushes on streams telling people to do the same.

Source?

This discussion has been closed.