Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm sorry to say..

Comments

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    I don't understand people that play MMORPGs and don't read the story.
  • baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by flaZh
    I'm bored already.I've gotten level 31 with my main, got alts at 10 and 15 and some minor. And I don't feel like opening the game and start leveling anymore. It's a hassle. I feel the leveling takes too much time, and isn't as interesting. I mean, I've had fun until now. As a guy not really interesting in story, so I don't listen to a voiced book all day, I skip that part, and play the game. As I enjoyed the combat, the builds availiable. But all in all, I'm bored. I unsubbed, and are falling back to my old MMOs. And I don't think the market is really up for more sub-based games at this time.I mean what should I do? When I think it's a hassle to even start up the game, thinking about all the grinding of quests. I didn't really get into the crafting even. I hate the fact that an item, and the whole item can be ruined in an attempt to make it better. So I've been researching and gathering mostly. Finding the inventory(bag and bankspace) also annyoing in the game. I want to save up for that faster horse, not spending it all on bag and bankspace.The itemization isn't even that interesting. Damage, enchants with various damage and stuff is mostly it. Then the traits, more xp for that particular item, less costs upon dying? Boring. Set items is of course the thing, but why collect a set at level 30, when you get better invidual items a few quests/mobs later. Anyone else feeling this? I'd liek tip on what to do in order to feel less bored with it. I'm in 2-3 playerguilds already.

if you dont like doing quests and story i don't know what to tell you. might want to try an Asian grinder or something.

ESO is a quest driven mmo, if you are not having fun doing the quests or other stuff the game offers then it probably isn't for you.

• Iceman8235Iceman8235 Member UncommonPosts: 205
    The fanbois came out in force for this one.  The questing in ESO is about as bland as it gets and you can bet thousands of other people are gonna be right behind the OP.  After the next few big games come out ESO will be a ghost town.
  • handlewithcarehandlewithcare Member Posts: 322

WOW is not in the same class as ESO,nobody can blame you for not having any taste.

everyone that dislikes ESO just shut the F up and go and play,and please tell me whats better out there?

• handlewithcarehandlewithcare Member Posts: 322
    and their is something wrong with someone that plays 3000 hours the same game you are bored and boring.
  • ThornrageThornrage Member UncommonPosts: 659
    Originally posted by CoffeeBreak

But all in all, I'm bored. I unsubbed, and are falling back to my old MMOs. 

These comments always make me curious.  What are your old MMOs?  Are you talking about games where you are already established at Max Level/Endgame, or games were you could start a new character at level 1 and not be bored?

For me, ESO's leveling at least feels involved.  Every quest is it's own little story line(kinda like an ES game).  

I guess all that matters is what you want to do when you go to the Dreaded Castle of Evil Stuff.

Would you rather....

Standard Themepark MMO: Pick up three quests. 

Quest 1 - Kill 20 Evil Things.  

Quest 2 - Collect 10 Evil Thing's Beards.

Quest 3 - Kill Evil Thing Leader

10 Minutes later you turn in your quests and get your reward.

ESO:  Pick up one quest.

Quest 1 - "OH THE BANDITS TOOK MY STUFF!!!  I THINK THEY RAN INTO THAT BIG FORTRESS!"  Go into the fortress and find the bandits.  The bandits are dead.  The fortress was overrun by the Evil Things.  Friendly forces are attacking the Evil Things and want your help.  Kill Evil Things.  Oh wait they are not actually Evil Things, they are villages turned into Evil Things.  STOP KILLING THEM.  Here use this amulet to subdue the villagers turned Evil Things.  We must find a cure.  Search through all these buildings for evidence of what is going on.  Oh crap the general turned them into Evil Things.  Go into this building and fight your way to the general.  Fight the general.  Oh it wasn't the general's fault.  He is being controlled by an evil wizard.  Hunt for clues about who the evil wizard is.  Go into the fortress' dungeon that then turns into a cave.  Follow the cave up through the mountain next to the fortress.  Come out on the mountainside overlooking the fortress.  THERE'S THAT SOB WIZARD!!!!  

45 minutes later....you may be done with the quest....

This wins the ESO post of the day award.

"I don't give a sh*t what other people say. I play what I like and I'll pay to do it too!" - SerialMMOist

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

I'm bored already.

I've gotten level 31 with my main, got alts at 10 and 15 and some minor. And I don't feel like opening the game and start leveling anymore. It's a hassle. I feel the leveling takes too much time, and isn't as interesting. I mean, I've had fun until now. As a guy not really interesting in story, so I don't listen to a voiced book all day, I skip that part, and play the game. As I enjoyed the combat, the builds availiable. But all in all, I'm bored. I unsubbed, and are falling back to my old MMOs. And I don't think the market is really up for more sub-based games at this time.

I mean what should I do? When I think it's a hassle to even start up the game, thinking about all the grinding of quests. I didn't really get into the crafting even. I hate the fact that an item, and the whole item can be ruined in an attempt to make it better. So I've been researching and gathering mostly. Finding the inventory(bag and bankspace) also annyoing in the game. I want to save up for that faster horse, not spending it all on bag and bankspace.

The itemization isn't even that interesting. Damage, enchants with various damage and stuff is mostly it. Then the traits, more xp for that particular item, less costs upon dying? Boring. Set items is of course the thing, but why collect a set at level 30, when you get better invidual items a few quests/mobs later.

Anyone else feeling this? I'd liek tip on what to do in order to feel less bored with it. I'm in 2-3 playerguilds already.

Iam not bored because I dont rush or play  ESO every day.

Questing is still a lot of fun and I enjoy it really, i read the quest text and listen to the voice overs. I also read the diaries and special books just for the quest line. I dont read the general lore books, too many of them.

If the game would have boring copy & paste PvE like in GW2 or in other games I would have already deinstalled the game.

I think ESO questing is for people who love stories and lore and the game is rather not for powergamer who just rush or want to grind for items. It could be, since ESO is at the end more an Elder Scrolls game in comparison to other mmos when it comes to story questing.

Lately I did a quest which was called "Bone Orchard".

Really cool quest with a skeleton named "Dringoth", so funny and he is for sure  Daaa Maaan with all his sayings. You had to find bones to build him and he follow you for some time to finish the quest line.

• flaZhflaZh Member UncommonPosts: 144
    Originally posted by baphamet

I'm bored already.

I've gotten level 31 with my main, got alts at 10 and 15 and some minor. And I don't feel like opening the game and start leveling anymore. It's a hassle. I feel the leveling takes too much time, and isn't as interesting. I mean, I've had fun until now. As a guy not really interesting in story, so I don't listen to a voiced book all day, I skip that part, and play the game. As I enjoyed the combat, the builds availiable. But all in all, I'm bored. I unsubbed, and are falling back to my old MMOs. And I don't think the market is really up for more sub-based games at this time.

I mean what should I do? When I think it's a hassle to even start up the game, thinking about all the grinding of quests. I didn't really get into the crafting even. I hate the fact that an item, and the whole item can be ruined in an attempt to make it better. So I've been researching and gathering mostly. Finding the inventory(bag and bankspace) also annyoing in the game. I want to save up for that faster horse, not spending it all on bag and bankspace.

The itemization isn't even that interesting. Damage, enchants with various damage and stuff is mostly it. Then the traits, more xp for that particular item, less costs upon dying? Boring. Set items is of course the thing, but why collect a set at level 30, when you get better invidual items a few quests/mobs later.

Anyone else feeling this? I'd liek tip on what to do in order to feel less bored with it. I'm in 2-3 playerguilds already.

if you dont like doing quests and story i don't know what to tell you. might want to try an Asian grinder or something.

ESO is a quest driven mmo, if you are not having fun doing the quests or other stuff the game offers then it probably isn't for you.

People like you don't read what I say.

TLDR; I like about EVERYTHING in this game except for the story, lore and since leveling in this game takes ages, it will take even longer if I were to hear an audio book for each quest(all the VO combined through a quest) the leveling would take even longer.

And therefor I've come to the conclution that the most of you have, story is too big of a deal in this game, doing all the quest for like 100 XP(well, not far from it) each when you need like 14k experience is too slow for me. And it gets grindy, and no I don't like asian MMOs because it's too grindy. 3000 hours and probably more in WoW, at least the newer quests doesn't feel that grindy, and also it's a 7-8 year old game, 3000 hours is nothing, trust me.

And to those saying why play MMORPGs, RPGs isn't all about story. It's about levels, gear, stats, a progression of a character(or party/multiple characters) you make, not that much story for my part. I know the story is there, and that's why I play some of them f.ex. the Diablo-series or Final Fantasy. But this one is kinda too heavy on the story, and it's so much of a deal (breaker). With the same quests(it feels like) over and over. I cannot be emerged into the story here, it's not that interesting world, character or monsters, and the quests feel dull.

• CyborWolfTKCyborWolfTK Member Posts: 77

ESo is going the way of RIFT, and GW2 for me. Each of those games I didn't make it to my first full month of sub.

I'm lucky if I can play for 30-45 mins with out feeling like I'm about to pass out from boredom.

At level 24, I already feel like I'm burned out on questing.

Grinding mobs is a little better, but with so few skills/spells available even that is getting boring and repetitive.

Group content is a joke. You either get Leroy Jenkins Cousins, or Nerd Rage King and his Knights of the Spread Sheets.

What ever happened to the games I could play for hours on end with out ending up face planting my keyboard before an hour is up?

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by Iceman8235
    The fanbois came out in force for this one.  The questing in ESO is about as bland as it gets and you can bet thousands of other people are gonna be right behind the OP.  After the next few big games come out ESO will be a ghost town.

bland as it gets? totally disagree. it's about as good as it gets when it comes to mmo's. you may be able to argue that one or two mmo's out there have a better questing system but other than that ESO is top of the line when it comes to mmo questing IMO

and no, ESO will never be a ghost town due to the megaserver tech :)

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398
    Originally posted by Drago

This new culture of MMO players have become so spoiled. 

Most of the MMORPG players these days would of never lasted in the old days of DAoC,EQ,UO and AO, all people want to do is get to cap in 3 days. God forbid a game actually takes awhile to level in, the game isnt for you dude because it's not about the destination , it is about the way there. You admitted too skipping all the story which is one of the biggest and best parts of the game.

Go enjoy your other MMO's

What i've been saying all these years..

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096

I'm bored already.

What mmo could you possibly play lol. You hate quests, you cant follow stories, you cant put your self in your characters role, you dont like crafting. You cant handle risk, and stuff braking. I honestly dont think you play mmorpgs, it sounds to me like you want elder scrolls to be a first person shooter, like battlefield 4. 

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150

I'm bored already.

I wish we weren't so broke right now that I could afford the game.  Anyway, that's my issue. 
    My advice is this is also meant to be an RvR game - realm vs realm vs realm, in this case.  End game defense and offense with your guild mates should be a major focus of fun for you :)

Other than that, sorry to hear you are bored.  I do envy the ability to make that choice, however.  Good luck! :)

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

I think the OP made the mistake of thinking he was playing an MMO, and instead realised he was playing a single-player MMO.

An easy mistake to make these days.

O_o o_O

• ojustabooojustaboo Member UncommonPosts: 65

I'm bored already.

I've gotten level 31 with my main, got alts at 10 and 15 and some minor. And I don't feel like opening the game and start leveling anymore. It's a hassle. I feel the leveling takes too much time, and isn't as interesting. I mean, I've had fun until now. As a guy not really interesting in story, so I don't listen to a voiced book all day, I skip that part, and play the game. 

Well I'm also a guy, and I think the Lore, books and quests are excellent and I am very interested, 

By all means say you don't like them but to imply the entire male race doesn't?

And the story and what the books say are a huge part of the game I play.

• forcelimaforcelima Member UncommonPosts: 232

Oh man cyborwolf thank you for my new quote

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778

I'm bored already.

Don't worry i am sure many will join you after first month is over. This MMO doesn't have the lasting appeal to keep the player long term. 

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Originally posted by CyborWolfTK

ESo is going the way of RIFT, and GW2 for me. Each of those games I didn't make it to my first full month of sub.

I'm lucky if I can play for 30-45 mins with out feeling like I'm about to pass out from boredom.

Grinding mobs is a little better, but with so few skills/spells available even that is getting boring and repetitive.

Group content is a joke. You either get Leroy Jenkins Cousins, or Nerd Rage King and his Knights of the Spread Sheets.

What ever happened to the games I could play for hours on end with out ending up face planting my keyboard before an hour is up?

This has to be by far the funniest thing i have read in days on these forums. hahah

You sir won the internet.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

I don't know why we can't have a civil conversation despite different opinions, just ONCE.

I am still having fun; but, I can already relate to the OP. And IMVPO the main problem is: there is ONLY questing as way to level up, and as I said many times: always story tires. You can't "just go and grind a level or two with mobs", you can't just make a few levels with PVP, or ANY other way than listening to story and do quests.

I tried to tell you, even the most story-hungry player eventually likes some mindless combat, something without the heavy, task oriented story-quests. ANY OTHER way alternatively than just quests. And ESO has none. PVP and mobs simply give too little. It's a problem. Not for everyone, and not yet, but the longer time passes more and more people will feel burned out of story-quests. Mock the OP now all you want, but he has hit a crucial issue.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973
    If you get bored with questing, then MMO isnt for you. MMOs in general are either quest/story driven or just pure mob grinding.

If you get bored so easily, it's time for you to move on. Find other hobbies that insterest you and stop ruining fun for other...for once.
  • GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519
    Originally posted by Drago

This new culture of MMO players have become so spoiled. 

Most of the MMORPG players these days would of never lasted in the old days of DAoC,EQ,UO and AO, all people want to do is get to cap in 3 days. God forbid a game actually takes awhile to level in, the game isnt for you dude because it's not about the destination , it is about the way there. You admitted too skipping all the story which is one of the biggest and best parts of the game.

Go enjoy your other MMO's

you forgot asherons call

• GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519
    Originally posted by Bladestrom
    The new culture want action and itemisation and fast levelling and don't care about the story. I feel sorry for them, no mmorg is ever going to be stimulating and have long term appeal - trapped in a horrific cycle where great games = number of pixels, would bore me to death!

here's an interesting thought, I wonder what the correlation between those that don't read and those that can't find happiness in mmorgs are - almost 1 to 1 I bet.

This just came to me and I don't think its the culture as much as it is the game companies. Think about every game that came out once 3D games hit the market. 99% of them are beatable in 4-10hours. Example Fable. After playing so many of these games where u beat them in 2-3 days. Our brains have started to become wired to thinking we should be max level in 3 days. And if we aren't then the game starts to lose interest each progressing day. Just my thoughts. Because I remember when I played EverQuest back in 2000 I had a blast leveling once every few days, but now I feel like I start to lose interest if the game takes to long to level up. I've been trying to re-wire my brain lately, but its hard.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by Whitebeards
    Originally posted by CyborWolfTK

This has to be by far the funniest thing i have read in days on these forums. hahah

You sir won the internet.

Do you often take pleasure in others misery?

Questing as a sole component of an MMORPG, does, in fact become boring.

Other activities need to be present.  Sandbox / Sandpark games come to play here.  They generally involve social interaction, without everyone being lonely and solo player oriented.

Take SWTOR for instance.  SWG was a great sandbox'ish game, and SWTOR could have been too.  But  it's all about questing and "personal achievements", than anything else, for a solo player game.  Fans wanted outside activities like Pazaak, Sabaac (card games), or Pod, Swoop Racing.  Stuff that brought players together.  None was added and SWTOR never became a sandbox style virtual world, where players interacted (outside of lobby queues now).  TESO has many similarities to SWTOR, which is why I bring the comparison up.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    Originally posted by Elikal

Mock the OP now all you want, but he has hit a crucial issue.

Yes he has.  And the issue he hit on is why would someone who doesn't like story actually purchase and sub to a game that is 100% about the story?  

Seriously, does nobody do research anymore before jumping into a game?  Here's a hint, folks:  If it's 100% voice-acted, it's probably going to be story-driven.  

• KaoftheRoseKaoftheRose Member UncommonPosts: 73

I'm bored already.

only 2 weeks and you feel like the leveling is too slow? wtf is wrong with todays gamers....

it took me 6 months of playing a LOT to max level in vanilla wow... and 1.5 years to get to S grade in Lineage 2....

i really wish MMOs would go BACK to taking a long time to level, like 2-3 months. this bullshit of maxing in 3 days has got to go....