Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I just got charged for $14.99

dranaeldranael Member UncommonPosts: 64

So i entered my information after my early access ended and today I checked my bank statement to learn I have already been charged $14.99. 

What happened to 30 days free?

Comments

• strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630

What happened to using the forum search function?
    http://www.mmorpg.com/search.cfm

• RoguewizRoguewiz Member UncommonPosts: 711

It will drop off.  They are basically "checking" to make sure your card is legit.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/67461/bank-account-being-charged

Annoying, most definitely.

Raquelis in various games
    Played: Everything
    Playing: Nioh 2, Civ6
    Wants: The World
    Anticipating: Everquest Next Crowfall, Pantheon, Elden Ring

Tank - Healer - Support: The REAL Trinity
  • AzmodeusAzmodeus Member UncommonPosts: 268
    Grats on your first post!   I think this was explained in another thread.
      OMG I am Ancient!
  • AroukosAroukos Member Posts: 571

Don't get me wrong pls. I don't like ESO and i wont buy it. Many times i ve said things i don't like about ESO in this forums. But you have an acc back from 2008 and your first post is this? Hmmm...

No hard feelings though, just wondering :)

• SetzerSetzer Member UncommonPosts: 261
    Originally posted by strangepowers

^LOL This.

The first thing I want to do if I get mistakenly charged for something is come to a forum and make my first post about it, not try and contact customer service directly.  Brilliant!

• theoldgods666theoldgods666 Member Posts: 34
    Wow they actually charged you? Wait one post........... could be trolling. 
  • dranaeldranael Member UncommonPosts: 64

Thanks for the answers.

And I cant use the search function at work.  It takes about 1 minute each time I click something to load.  Sometimes it doesnt even load at all and I have to start over.  They are super fast.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

I am still not sure why these type of topics are posted here? As if mmorpg.com has anything to do with it.

I really wonder if people who make topics like this also have brought this up to customer support of the game itself, I doubt it

Originally posted by Setzer

^LOL This.

The first thing I want to do if I get mistakenly charged for something is come to a forum and make my first post about it, not try and contact customer service directly.  Brilliant!

Derp post.

I am sure everything is black and white in your world.  I am sure there are no good reasons for making this thread.

Originally posted by Reklaw

I am still not sure why these type of topics are posted here? As if mmorpg.com has anything to do with it.

I really wonder if people who make topics like this also have brought this up to customer support of the game itself, I doubt it

Because I am asking if someone knew why.

ESO website is blocked from work because it is a gaming site.  Its dumb I know, I am limited at the moment on what I can do.  So maybe you could try to be helpful insted of not understanding.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Originally posted by dranael

^LOL This.

Derp post.

I am sure everything is black and white in your world.  I am sure there are no good reasons for making this thread.

There are no good reasons for making this thread. Of all the times to make your first post ever on mmorpg is now? You've never had another question/issue about any other mmo in the last 6 years?

You're trolling.

• etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855

^LOL This.

Derp post.

let me clarify:

What usually haopens, is the the company, whomever it might be, ask you to enter you card info b4 or on launch day itself, a few games do wait a couple of days, but what happens, is, when you entter your info, they draw 1 dollar, and "re-insert" that 1 dollar, to check if your card is valid. tahts all, or shuold be :)

ESO website is blocked from work because it is a gaming site.  Its dumb I know, I am limited at the moment on what I can do.  So maybe you could try to be helpful insted of not understanding.

Well....did you contact customer support as I suggested?

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by Rusque

^LOL This.

Derp post.

There are no good reasons for making this thread. Of all the times to make your first post ever on mmorpg is now? You've never had another question/issue about any other mmo in the last 6 years?

You're trolling.

The person was at work, and probably didn't want to use highly personal login credentials at work or on a machine being monitored by employers.  Same reason why you probably don't want your boss poking around your Facebook account, etc.  And there is nothing remotely private about post history once a real-life associate learns your handle.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

^LOL This.

Derp post.

You're trolling.

I am sitting at work, inside, i have limited internet access, not even sure why this site works, I don't check forums much.  I made this account in 2008 for some beta offer on mmorpg.  Anything else I can help you with.  Do I have to post here more to not be a troll?  How do I get on your level bro?  Teach me to be a cool forum guy.

I didnt know I need to check with you before making threads here.

• etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855

^LOL This.

Derp post.

You're trolling.

I am sitting at work, inside, i have limited internet access, not even sure why this site works, I don't check forums much.  I made this account in 2008 for some beta offer on mmorpg.  Anything else I can help you with.  Do I have to post here more to not be a troll?  How do I get on your level bro?  Teach me to be a cool forum guy.

I didnt know I need to check with you before making threads here.

Shit, you just admitted to creating an account because of a beta key!, Prepare to meet your Doom! ;)

• SetzerSetzer Member UncommonPosts: 261

Derp post.

The only "derp" post here is yours because you're coming to a gaming forum looking for customer support because you say you were charged $14.99, which I'm guessing is one of two scenarios: a) it's a pre-authorization and it will be coming off your account shortly or b) you're trolling.  I'm going with the latter because you've had this registered account for 6 years and you decide now is a good time to make your first post?

• BetaBlockaBetaBlocka Member Posts: 222

Don't worry OP you should get the money back.

its a standard practise for mmos to zap your card when creating your subscription plan to make sure the card is valid. Every other MMO in history however charges a penny or other minimal amount to ensure your account validity. ZOS in their infinite wisdom decided to zap people for a full months sub. 

You shall have to excuse some of the posters in this thread they can't tolerate anything but glowing praise for ESO and will call you a troll and report you for making this thread I am sure. Even though your OP and concerns were completely valid.

Contacting customer service is not an option right now.  So I used the option available to me when I had a question.  Also someone already answered the question for me.  Unlike you who really did not have anything to add, wasted your time posting here.

• freegefreege Member UncommonPosts: 75
    So many tryhard nerds on this forum lel
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

just for the record, you can either go on with that troll war, or take another bride.

your question has been answered on page 1, so i would stop with that discussion about "being usefull" ^^

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

This thread is a perfect example of why more people don't use this site. Man asks a simple question and the level of nerd rage directed back at him is epic. 

MMORPG.com the home of the angry and bitter who hate games and gamers...

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• Lord_AthonLord_Athon Member UncommonPosts: 165

I really dont know why most of the answears do only one thing, not answearing the OP.

Probably, this is why you all have so many post's :) and the OP don't. LOL

But i was curious with the situation. So what will happen? They will give the money back?!

Contacting customer service is not an option right now.  So I used the option available to me when I had a question.  Also someone already answered the question for me.  Unlike you who really did not have anything to add, wasted your time posting here.

Sorry my bad, alway's get somewhat like this with a first time poster asking a question we already seen asked in several previous made topics on the same first page of this section.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    This is still happening? i thought this issue was fixed.
This discussion has been closed.