Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worried about direction of SotA

13»

Comments

• TbauTbau Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 401

Clearly there are a lot of people here voicing their opinion about a game they are not really following at all.

The game is not about housing, they have a lot of it on their website to give more things for people to help crowdsource the game with. instead of just offering a "backer" item, they are offering other ways you can help invest in the game with while receiving something for your investment.

And where is anyone getting this idea that if you don't buy a house in this way that you wont be able to get one until the second act is released?!?

Pure nonsense.

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    Originally posted by Tbau

And where is anyone getting this idea that if you don't buy a house in this way that you wont be able to get one until the second act is released?!?

Pure nonsense.

So every one that want a house could get one ingame?

Didn't think so. Most that want to get a house ingame during act 1 wont get a house.

• TbauTbau Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 401
    Originally posted by Aragon100

Pure nonsense.

Didn't think so. Most that want to get a house ingame during act 1 wont get a house.

Everyone not getting one does not = you must buy a house now.

As I said, pure nonsense.

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686

Pure nonsense.

Seems very few want to pay 550$ for a house.

And ingame loads of players that want a house wont get one cause there just isnt enough spots to place them on.

So the problem is houses are too expensive and there are so few spots to place them on.

Many will have to play the game without a house even though they want one and that is not nonsense, it is sad. The feature that developers have put most effort on will only be available to a few real life rich that can afford the insane sum of 550$.

• AstrobiaAstrobia Member Posts: 23

Pure nonsense.

Seems very few want to pay 550$ for a house.

And ingame loads of players that want a house wont get one cause there just isnt enough spots to place them on.

So the problem is houses are too expensive and there are so few spots to place them on.

Many will have to play the game without a house even though they want one and that is not nonsense, it is sad. The feature that developers have put most effort on will only be available to a few real life rich that can afford the insane sum of 550$.

This is as opposed to the ultimate end game artefact weapons of killing everything with ease everyone wants but has a drop rate so rare hardly anyone will ever get it unless they spend $500 on ebay in oh... Every MMO ever? Of course the main difference is houses wont actually make your character more powerful and they will be constantly adding new lots for people to acquire with in game gold rather then having to really on resellers.

Also should clarify the minimum purchase price for a SotA house at the moment is $165, not $550.

• SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429
    I grew up with Ultima. Back in the 80's playing Garriots games were so intoxicating. Back before it was about the money and all about telling a story. I funded this game with a 25$ backing cause I knew and grew up with the dreams and games he made. Now having been in the alphas and seeing the way he is taking his company and vision for this game, ... its almost like seeing your boyhood hero die. ....

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

• MaribuMaribu Member Posts: 14
    Houses and lots will be available to buy in-game with in-game gold.  The ones being given to backers as a thank you gift for supporting the game development, are tax-free lots.  The ones you can buy in advance of release through the store will have an upkeep tax  The ones you can buy in-game with gold will also have an upkeep.  The only rarity will due to the finite amount of space, just like it was in early UO, with the exception that they have said they can add more areas for placing houses if it turns out it's needed.  I don't see what the problem is.