Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The reason why i love being in Dominion

TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

Because the storyline, as we became one of the direct Queen's right eye, and seems like most of the quest came from Razum Dar ( who, also is the right hand of Queen herself ), and usually directly from the Queen, seems like you have an important role in the Alliance, 

I rolled Pact until lv 30, but i was quickly lost to whom i actually answer to in the Pact as if i was having orders from too many roles in the Pact, and made me felt like a mere great mercenary, whereas in Dominion, it was clear that we answer directly to the orders of the Queen, also to the fact where the Elves army seems quite the organised platoon

maybe when i am finished with the Dominion story, might go back to Pact to see the story, i know every alliance have their own background, not saying that Dominion is the best, just my 50cents

anyone having the same feeling with the Dominion? 

So What Now?

Comments

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    I favor Dominion of the 3 factions.  I don't care about the Queen so much but the story is more cohesive IMO.  I didn't/don't care for the pirate themed DC and the EP just seems like a loosely organized alliance because it was created in RESPONSE to the AD formation.  (at least that's what I've gathered through lore so far)
  • TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

although the Dominion also have some crack inside ( such as the Heritance ), but i agree, their alliance just looked more organized, i just love how everyone in the quest are doing it for the Queen! at first i dont really care about the Queen, as i was just messing around making alts in Dominion, but then, just 20 levels in, i started to like the way Dominion works on the inside, like they have all these agents army and royal army thing, makes it so Empiristic ( not sure if that is even a word ) haha

So What Now?

• kruluxkrulux Member Posts: 229
    Same here.  I did not play the AD in beta, wanted to save the story for launch.  It was worth it... enjoying it so far.  I had to force myself to not skip the quest dialog - now I'm glad to listen.  That Raz is quiet funny and I'm looking forward to where the story ends. :p
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    I haven't gotten far in it, but so far I'm really enjoying the Queen/RazumDar quests. It's one of the few quest lines/stories in an MMO that have held my attention beyond the first quest or two. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583

I've found both DC and AD very compelling, so much so I can't make my mind on what should be my main.

DC's pirate heist is a super fun start and there's a great cast of characters to get to know and some interesting decisions that actually made me want to play the faction again just so i can see the other side of the decisions I made

• PyatraPyatra Member Posts: 644
    I found a lot of really weird unique quests in AD after Auridon... $h!t gets crazy in Graht wood for side quests.
  • ExzyzExzyz Member UncommonPosts: 70
    I like AD because theyre like grinding the zombies. Free alliance points all day long :)
  • ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    Originally posted by Pyatra
    I found a lot of really weird unique quests in AD after Auridon... $h!t gets crazy in Graht wood for side quests.

Yes just got there and one of the first quest I found was with that skeleton guy. Interesting character. Hope to see him again one day. 

• Castielle101Castielle101 Member CommonPosts: 81

Long live the queen!  In all seriousness thought the story line is the best in any MMO I have ever played.  It's been refreshing.

Cas

Join the fan-powered community wiki for Elder Scrolls Online.
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Elder+Scrolls+Online+Wiki

• ThornrageThornrage Member UncommonPosts: 659
    I'll do all 3. Starting with DC and then maybe EP. All with the same character.

"I don't give a sh*t what other people say. I play what I like and I'll pay to do it too!" - SerialMMOist

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

I play an Argonian so in beta I was restricted to EP but also tried DC with a Breton and liked it far better. I touched upon AD a little and knew the starter areas were the best imo but wasn't committed until launch. I decided to play my Argonian in AD due to how close it is the Black Marsh.

Before I ever knew anything about each factions story I knew I wanted to play an Argonian who decided he could not support EP. His hatred toward Dark Elves was too powerful. I had thought that DC would be a good place to set up his services (alchemist but secretly offering his services as a nightblade, future Dark Brotherhood member to the King and Breton people). As it turns out in AD however the story fits this concept perfectly as the eye of the Queen (spy/assassin). The topper was the story line for the Argonian immigrants where you get to decide their fate. Well being Argonian I sympathized with their plight and also enjoyed seeing AD capable of allowing Argonians into their faction. Absolutely perfect alignment with my character concept.

On top of this of course are some very good stories overall if willing to really get into them and find additional lore scattered about providing far deeper back story. I am enjoying it overall and glad I made the choice. I am in one decent and growing trade guild and will take my time deciding on other guilds. I also am starting to enjoy playing a NB caster healer build (not that I have supported any real dungeon runs yet). I love being able to keep some significant DPS along with support skills. The more action oriented system makes playing a healer pretty much like DPS. You just slap out aimed and area heals and support instead of DPS. Very interactive.

Frankly my life is a bit hectic atm so simply playing casually in pve is fulfilling for now. I love more world style pvp though and will pick a campaign in the future.

You stay sassy!

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    Originally posted by cura
    I saved daggerfall king then looted his castle. Couldnt be any better ;-)

lol. I did the same when I first met the Queen in her throne room. All respectful then popped off and store her shit right behind her. ;)

Honestly though I can't wait until the justice system is added. If caught I'd love to see guards react harshly to such things to make the game seem far more realistic.

You stay sassy!

• LisaFlexy22LisaFlexy22 Member UncommonPosts: 450
    I look forward to working through that content.  The EP content is ok but slightly dry so far.  Presented well, but a bit dry. 
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Originally posted by TweFoju

Because the storyline, as we became one of the direct Queen's right eye, and seems like most of the quest came from Razum Dar ( who, also is the right hand of Queen herself ), and usually directly from the Queen, seems like you have an important role in the Alliance, 

I rolled Pact until lv 30, but i was quickly lost to whom i actually answer to in the Pact as if i was having orders from too many roles in the Pact, and made me felt like a mere great mercenary, whereas in Dominion, it was clear that we answer directly to the orders of the Queen, also to the fact where the Elves army seems quite the organised platoon

maybe when i am finished with the Dominion story, might go back to Pact to see the story, i know every alliance have their own background, not saying that Dominion is the best, just my 50cents

anyone having the same feeling with the Dominion? 

We have heard rumor's.... rumor's about our foes in the dominion....

Your word's here....   Make these rumor's ring true....

You my Dominion friend are "Pussy Whipped" image

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891
    I play AD because that portion of Tamriel had not been presented visually in any of the previous TES titles unlike DC and EP.
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

I chose the EP. Haven't even tried AD.

Tried DC but omg, the chat was just vile and the people who played DC were always talking about someone's mum. EP - people are very nice and helpful. Haven't come across any insults etc.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    I agree with you OP! In the Dominion I felt important, like I had a role, as right hand of Raz and agent of the Queen. In Ebonheart I am just a random dude walking around. Daggerfall was ok, kinda like a freelance explorer in this  ghost-story-land. I like that. But yes, the AD felt best, because you were sort of led by Razum-dar and the Queen. It felt way more coherent and meaningful.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723

Kate Beckinsale.

/thread

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Veiled Heritance would have suited me the most as a faction I guess. But then again I found my place in AD destroying the Heritance so no problem there. AD feels just fine. I'll level up at least one character in every faction but so far I like AD the most.