Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good things to know about Black Desert (from cbt1)

ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142

Disclaimer: This info is taken from CBT1 and translated interviews in korean leading up to CBT2 and I plan to update it and clarify the info once cbt2 ends. Until then some info might not be accurate.

Basics

• Level 50 soft-cap (no hard-cap)
  • 8 classes, 3 races (human, elf, giant)
  • Classes are gender and race locked.
  • No healer class/role

Progression

• Quests offer rewards and influence but no experience
  • Storyline quests and some other major quests gives skillpoints
  • Exp and/or partial item loss at death (will be tweaked during beta)

World
  • All dungeons will be open world.
  • No instant teleportation or flying.
  • Day&night cycle (dawn, dusk)
  • Dynamic weather system that also affects movement and crafting. (fog, storm)

PvP
  • World-PvP enabled at level 30.
  • There will be multiple keeps for your guild and guild-alliances to conquer

Other things
  • Housing
  • Extensive crafting and trading system
  • Mounted combat and breeding system. Mounts can be lost/killed.
  • Naval system (not implemented in cbt2)
  • Reinforcing your equipment is done by system of +1, +2, +n (n being unknown).
Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.

Comments

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Sounds like a game alot of people on this forums are wanting, would like to see a westernized version of this.
  • gonewildgonewild Member UncommonPosts: 136
    Originally posted by kabitoshin
    Sounds like a game alot of people on this forums are wanting, would like to see a westernized version of this.

Are you sure 

Classes are gender and race locked

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Originally posted by gonewild
    Originally posted by kabitoshin

Are you sure 

Classes are gender and race locked

There are versions of warrior, sorcerer and ranger for both gender.

Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • Sk1ppeRSk1ppeR Member Posts: 511

Hmm, sounds like Lineage 2 back in the day :O 

Stop hyping me you people :U 

• XyireXyire Member UncommonPosts: 152

Even more exciting, last I heard not only is there no publisher for the western release of this game, but the developer even said that they have no plans to ever release the game in the west or find a publisher to release a westernization of the game.

unless that changes its hard to be even the slightest bit excited about this.

• JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488

love the game. want the game!

Wake me up from cryosleep when we get a version <3

• Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Originally posted by Shaigh
    • No healer class

So, anyone can take on the healer role? Even the warrior? Someone has to heal!

Games with no healer class always worry me.

Everything else sounds nice. No instanced dungeons are finally back!

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Disclaimer: This info is taken from CBT1 and translated interviews in korean leading up to CBT2 and is bound to change and/or be inaccurate.

Basics

• Level 50 soft-cap (no hard-cap) Meh... Works i guess
    • 8 classes, 3 races (human, elf, giant) A bit thin but having seen the CC i can understand why
    • Classes are gender and race locked. Boring but not a deal breaker
    • No healer class This could be good or a horrid mess.

Progression

• Quests offer rewards and influence but no experience So it is a pure monster grind then. This will have to be changed if it is trying to sway the western market
    • Exp and/or partial item loss at death (will be tweaked during beta) No clue what partial item loss is.. But XP loss in my mind is a dead concept and a major turn-off for me.

World
    • All dungeons will be open world. Oh hell no... Did that crap enough in UO, did not like it then and still do not like it.
    • No instant teleportation or flying. Annoying but not a deal breaker. As long as the ground mounts are decently fast
    • Day&night system Not sure this is a feature... But it would have been funny if they did not have it.
    • Weather system  Always nice for immersion.

PvP
    • At level 30 you will be able to flag yourself for PvP in the world. Good for you....
    • There will be 4 keeps for your guild and guild-alliances to conquer Have fun in the large zerg-guilds or miss out on this feature.

Other things
    • Housing The latest buzz-word HOUSING it all comes down to execution, but WildStar did up the game a fair bit.
    • Crafting and trading system No shit sherlock...
    • Mount breeding system. Mounts can be lost/killed. Another brilliant idea that will scare the more casual players away. Maybe even worse then XP loss.
    • Naval system (not implemented in cbt2) Could be nice if done right... Looking at you AC:BF
    • Reinforcing your equipment is done by system of +1, +2, +n (n being unknown). My old DnD goblin feel nostalgic at the notion of having a +1 dagger of ogreslaying.

To sum it up... It seems to be a neat little game with a amazing CC and some weirdly archaic ideas on how to handle content and grind. I foresee a fairly substantial re-work in order for it to hit mass-appeal in the western market.

This have been a good conversation

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Originally posted by Storm_Cloud
    • No healer class

So, anyone can take on the healer role? Even the warrior? Someone has to heal!

Games with no healer class always worry me.

There are rumors about valkyrie (female version of warrior) and one other class having access to a few support abilities but nothing that comes remotely close to a healer class/role.

Originally posted by ikcin

And Mounted combat. You can fight from the horseback, not only mount. And there will be about dozen castles for seiges.

Thanks. Totally forgot about mounted combat, added it to the list.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067

It says flag yourself so is PvP by choice then ?

Chamber of Chains
  • SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Disclaimer: This info is taken from CBT1 and translated interviews in korean leading up to CBT2 and is bound to change and/or be inaccurate.

Basics

• Level 50 soft-cap (no hard-cap)
    • 8 classes, 3 races (human, elf, giant)
    • Classes are gender and race locked.
    • No healer class/role

Progression

• Quests offer rewards and influence but no experience
    • Exp and/or partial item loss at death (will be tweaked during beta)

World
    • All dungeons will be open world.
    • No instant teleportation or flying.
    • Day&night cycle (dawn, dusk)
    • Dynamic weather system that also affects movement and crafting. (fog, storm)

PvP
    • World-PvP enabled at level 30.
    • There will be multiple keeps for your guild and guild-alliances to conquer

Other things
    • Housing
    • Extensive crafting and trading system
    • Mounted combat and breeding system. Mounts can be lost/killed.
    • Naval system (not implemented in cbt2)
    • Reinforcing your equipment is done by system of +1, +2, +n (n being unknown).

Game is a blast thus far, I'm loving it (first beta)

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519

Gender locks are always a bad concept but hardly game breaking. No healer role is a huge mistake though, many people love to heal and be locked in the support role for better or worse.

The game also needs more races. Not sure why Koreans always put a small emphasis on that, it's very important. For every point the game gains in customization it loses in lack of races.

• gimmiblackdesertnowgimmiblackdesertnow Member Posts: 56
    Originally posted by JimmyYO

Gender locks are always a bad concept but hardly game breaking. No healer role is a huge mistake though, many people love to heal and be locked in the support role for better or worse.

The game also needs more races. Not sure why Koreans always put a small emphasis on that, it's very important. For every point the game gains in customization it loses in lack of races.

Tomb Raider is gender locked too in a way lol. It's not a problem if implemented well, and once again: the warrior, sorcerer and ranger classes are NOT gender locked.

You want many races? Why? You like to identify with cat-mans, bull-cheetah-mans or bear-pig-mans so much? I'm sure there are games for you...

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067

Thank you Ikcin

Chamber of Chains
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,381

So is Black Desert this years 'Great Sandbox Hope'?   Good luck!

Shouldn't worry though; as more info comes out about it, I'm sure it can be nitpicked into disdain.

Character creator is seriously stellar though.   Watched the video with a talented game artist friend of mine, and he was tremendously impressed.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

Loved the amazing character creator and love the animations and how the world looks over all and that is where it stops for me.

I really don't want to play a grinder though. For me it is still EQN to look out for.

• InporylemQQInporylemQQ Member Posts: 165
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

Loved the amazing character creator and love the animations and how the world looks over all and that is where it stops for me.

I really don't want to play a grinder though. For me it is still EQN to look out for.

Why grinder? This game is not about killing mobs, but about PvP, trade, crafting, and politics. 

Well there will be shittons of grinding involved also if you are planning to level up your char.

ArcheAge, Black Desert and Bless videos InporylemQQ Youtube

• eviceuseviceus Member UncommonPosts: 7
    No instant teleportation or flying.

Fingers crossed for this, nothing destroyed WoWs sense of vast world to explore like Flying Mounts.

I know people think they are cool, but rly in the end they take away all the atmosphere.

• MaRTiDoReMaRTiDoRe Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Originally posted by Robokapp

I'm more into the 1000 v 1000 type of pvp.

Lineage 2 player over there;) (just like me)

Videogame Developer - www.martidore.com

• MaRTiDoReMaRTiDoRe Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Originally posted by MaRTiDoRe
    Originally posted by Robokapp

I'm more into the 1000 v 1000 type of pvp.

Lineage 2 player over there;) (just like me)

Hellknight here, never had a problem to beat any class in 1 vs1 PvP even without using stun. So you don't fight in Oly?

It all depends on the chronicle...

Interlude and before = Mague OP (insta sleep + nukes) - daggers & archers decent when full buff  -  everything else pure crap (including tanks...)

In Gracia Final, High Five and so on, tanks (Mostly Paladins) are OP to the limit, no way to beat them 1v1 in Olys. But I guess we are going out of the topic... lets not hijack de post :)

Can't wait for Black Desert Online... as a looong long L2 player (7-8 years) for me this is my last hope for the long waited "lineage 3" kindof MMORPG..

Videogame Developer - www.martidore.com