Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you were to choose Black Desert's publisher, which one would it be?

As we all know, Black desert is currently in talks with various publishers from around the world. Them having openly said that they don't want to just take the publisher offering them the most money, but to take a publisher with good reputation, this really higher my hopes for the success of the game. But this also leaves us all with a question: which one company would you like mostly to publish Black Desert in your region?

Comments

• AtlysAtlys Member Posts: 69

I guess I would have to say Trion. I think Rift is one of the best F2P games out there, though it did go a long time as a sub-based game. Defiance is buy to play, and the cash shop isn't intrusive from what I have experienced.

If EnMasse would branch out from TERA, I might pick them over Trion. TERA is probably THE best cash shop I have seen, and their customer interaction is pretty great.

Though if it does come to the West, I'm sure some other company like Perfect World will be all over it. Or some other company like Nexon or Aeria with the amount of published games that read like a grocery list. I'm not saying these publishers are bad, but I think there is a point where you have to say your resources are spread too thin.

On the eternal quest for that one perfect MMO.

• jigo86jigo86 Member UncommonPosts: 97

blizzard? no thx, im sick of casuals.

ncsoft? nah, will be dead in 4 month or less like aion

trion? hade big hopes for archeage but they crushed my hype

what else is left?

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670
    Blizzard. None other proved to be good.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Originally posted by Kirexy
    As we all know, Black desert is currently in talks with various publishers from around the world. Them having openly said that they don't want to just take the publisher offering them the most money, but to take a publisher with good reputation, this really higher my hopes for the success of the game. But this also leaves us all with a question: which one company would you like mostly to publish Black Desert in your region?

I am looking for actual (F2P) Games, Not Pay 2 Win, or Pay 2 enjoy.

. Pay 2 win is basically a game where you have to pay to get anywhere, or anywhere fast at all because grinding is so slow.

. Pay 2 enjoy is games like Lineage 2, and Aion which charge you for customization of character things which should be free with a flat rate subscription the reason I don't actively play any games like this.

Some of my clan members from different communities are looking forward to this game, but if the game doesn't offer me a flat subscription model with unlimited customization choices, and Micro-Transactions as well I am going to skip the game completely.

I have a long gaming history, and I would rather see a new company who actually knows how to run a MMO run Black Desert as Gamers First, Nexon, Perfect World, NCsoft, EA, all suck I am sure there are other bad companies too I am not thinking of off the top of my head, but I would never give my rights to my game with any of these companies for their history.

Heck as of right now I can't even reset my password on my NCsoft account so I am likely going to have to contact their support I wait over 8 hours no email from them its just really annoying to have companies that put everything into Profit rather than actually making a great game/community, and providing good customer service.

. I am not looking for MMO's that restrict crafting either I am looking for more of Sand-Boxed based MMO's where a player can simply swap weapons change class like Final Fantasy, Dark Fall, and so on.

I honestly think that after trying this game for the first time I am totally going to end up skipping over it and waiting for ESO, or Arche Age, I have my doubts about Arche Age, but if they do it properly with the design of the game like I have suggested in all MMO's that are made 2013  and beyond should meet the standards then I won't have any problem playing it.

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    EA :)
  • AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812
    I would like to see CCP take control as I truly believe they have the talent and vision to make this game shine and the plex system they have converted and other things they do would make me feel good about it. The only down side is they have never done a fantasy based game which has gone live and made money. But as they would just be running it in the west I feel this would be a good marriage for all parties. 

Asbo

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

En Masse is by far my favorite publisher. They have strong experience in localization, both from a translation and from the perspective of western appeal. They do really good with customer interaction and their payment model is the best of any game I can think of.

It sort of depends on how the developer wants to monetize their game, but SoE is also a decent publisher. Trion would be okay, but I think they need to get their affairs back in order before I could give them a vote of confidence.

En Masse would be my first choice also. Even though TERA is a sub par mmo they are doing a great job with it.

• al1enoidal1enoid Member UncommonPosts: 8
    I doubt En masse would publish it for europe, otherwise it would be ok. So for Europe I'd like to see trion or ccp publishing it. Hopefully this game lives up to its hype.
  • fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499
    EA duh
  • WhitestepWhitestep Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Blizzard, Bethesda, Bioware(without EA)
  • TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741
    Midway Games!!!!

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

I don't care. I just hope they review the cash shop business model and scale back prices.

$10, $20 and $50 consumables in cash shops is going to be the demise of eastern games.  It might have worked 5 years ago but it was because people got caught off guard. It's also doing serious damage to the reputation of eastern gaming as a whole and judging by the artistic quality of Eastern games, they don't deserve the damage they are doing for quick buck, lottery business plans.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    The easier question....what publisher should it NOT be ?
  • VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817

Ummm I know they do not normally publish out of house games.... Seriously though i would love for Valve to publish it. Course that's close to impossible.

So realistically i think CD Projekt and there digital distribution site, Good Ole Games would be a perfect fit.

Lolipops !

• steelwindsteelwind Member UncommonPosts: 352
    Originally posted by Shadanwolf
    The easier question....what publisher should it NOT be ?

Anyone BUT Trion!

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

En Masse is by far my favorite publisher. They have strong experience in localization, both from a translation and from the perspective of western appeal. They do really good with customer interaction and their payment model is the best of any game I can think of.

It sort of depends on how the developer wants to monetize their game, but SoE is also a decent publisher. Trion would be okay, but I think they need to get their affairs back in order before I could give them a vote of confidence.

I Agree En Masse has done an excellent job with TERA and would be my number one vote.

• darkheart84darkheart84 Member UncommonPosts: 84

Ok let's settle some things.

It will NOT be Blizzard because those guys are working on "Project Titan" (I wonder what it will be)

It will NOT be Nexon because they are the worst managers of games I've ever seen (Have you seen Vindi?)

It will NOT be Trion because they just bought Archeage's rights

If it is Nexon then the game is screwed anyway.

• DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600

Maybe Blizzard: Isn't Titan dead? However, I don't think Blizzard would do anything without it being their IP.

I would say CCP but I really want them to start focusing on WoD.

I think BioWare would do okay, I think they have learned a lot from SWTOR, but they live and die under the thumb of EA.

Hmm... I don't really see it being a Western company. I think it will be picked up by Asia and we probably won't see it in our part of the world for some time if that is the case.

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Blizzard or Turbine

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Originally posted by Fearum
    EA :)
    grabs a pitchfork and screams BURN THE EVIL OUT OF OUR VILLAGE !!!!

Those 2 letters should be filtered out each and every forum :P

• gimmiblackdesertnowgimmiblackdesertnow Member Posts: 56
    So all publishers in the west are.. busy, incompetent or just fear the fact that the market is too small for their silly mmo's and this game?
  • rlhegirarlhegira Member UncommonPosts: 36
    I would say en masse they seem to be branching out now.
  • Hamger8Hamger8 Member Posts: 78
    Honestly it should be Sony or nexon or Square.
  • InporylemQQInporylemQQ Member Posts: 165
    Frogster should rise from the ashes like phoenix and cash out one last time.

ArcheAge, Black Desert and Bless videos InporylemQQ Youtube

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Valve or Paradox.