Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Character Creation. WOW!

2»

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    Originally posted by SadSwordfish

I played in a closed beta for Blade and Soul and that game had the best character models I have seen so far. The art direction in that game is truly marvelous. 

I know Anime is a Japanese term for Japanese made styles, but Blade and Soul truly felt like Anime on steroids. I have never seen art anything like it. It encompasses many of the steretoypical over sexualized male and female stereotypes, but it's also very unique looking. There is an exaggeration in the characters hands, boobs, shoulders, thighs and faces that I have not seen anywhere.

The fidelity in this game just seems to be much higher and much more realistic. Much more "western friendly". But I wonder if this game will have the same crazy amount of hairstyles to choose from. 

That's the one thing I hate about Asian games. They take really fresh and interesting art design, pay a lot of attention to detail (I still hate western games because their just make clay hair and plop it on your character's head) and then add in "stars!" and "pink!" and "skates!" and "tuxedos and beachwear" and you wonder what the heck is going on?

They have great art and a lot of detail but their overall aesthetics just baffle me.

"Take medieval Castles but add an 18th century town and 17th century ships!"

"Then, throw in some cars, a cute jukebox, and a good turn of the 19th century set of "tails" and watch the fun begin as you sashay to the shore to see your buds in their sporty beachwear only to get stomped on by a monster 40 stories high."

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Moar61Moar61 Member UncommonPosts: 260

Pretty epic customization, unfortunately the game doesn't look very interesting in my mind. 

Should we expect out of proportion tits and ass?

• GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907
    I wish this was a western MMO.  Fantastic character creation, wonder how the gameplay would be.
  • KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879
    Super impressed by this. For me all face customization becomes moot once I see identical hairstyles, but this game allows the players to customize the hairstyle itself. Hopefully their game camera allows for Skyrim-like flexibility and serve all my photo-op needs :)
  • JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519
    It's crazy how much better this game looks then everything else on the market. Still looking for a catch but not finding one.
  • BurtzumBurtzum Member Posts: 67

I really like the muted palette and natural lighting of this game.  I wish more western MMOs would go that direction instead of gaudy saturated colors with a heavy film of color-grading over top.  

The characters look ridiculous though.  They're way too pretty and prissy.  They look like they're ready for a photo shoot for some glamour magazine or something.  For inspiration for their characters' faces they should look at Game of Thrones, not Jersey Shore and 90210.

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    I am more WOWed by the crafting and fishing in this game. will be so much fun!!!

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• Keitaro333Keitaro333 Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Originally posted by Burtzum

I really like the muted palette and natural lighting of this game.  I wish more western MMOs would go that direction instead of gaudy saturated colors with a heavy film of color-grading over top.  

The characters look ridiculous though.  They're way too pretty and prissy.  They look like they're ready for a photo shoot for some glamour magazine or something.  For inspiration for their characters' faces they should look at Game of Thrones, not Jersey Shore and 90210.

:D  You have a point. The creator is pretty extensive but they really need a face texture/complexion change, it drastically changes how a face looks. Also a few more eye and mouth types. Theres only so much you can do with scale sliders.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by JimmyYO
    It's crazy how much better this game looks then everything else on the market. Still looking for a catch but not finding one.

Not in actual gameplay - it looks very average in actual gameplay.

here look at the latest CBT2 in game video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2p-YyHkQt0

Doesn't look all the spectacular.

Game looks fantastic in character creation - but it doesn't look like that in gameplay.

Did we see the same video? it looks fantastic in gameplay and world.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101

Really good I am confused though is it optional PvP or not ?

Chamber of Chains
  • KingLlamaKingLlama Member UncommonPosts: 66
    Looking good.

Pirate MMO Tattered Sails http://tatteredsailsgame.com/

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I am very interested to see the release of this game to see what it has to offer but....

Character creation in games is almost completely meaningless.The ONLY part that really matters is racial and class abilities and stats,that is what defines your player.The only thing your going to see is the face,the rest of the body will look identical to others with gear on,perhaps 100% identical if the game is not using several different  player models to which i do not know yet.

WE are still in the infancy of character creation,hair is still  non movement stick-ons and no facial expressions,albeit if i am not mistaking EQNext was claiming to finally introduce those.

Bottom line for me is nothing superficial,the end result of the game is what i am looking for.I want to see in depth systems,there is no way in hell i am going to get myself involved in another connect the dots questing game with a race to end game grinding.

I also want to see some real meaning in crafting,i hear TESO is trying to break some ground there but geesh ,why can't we have a 100% complete game from one developer.Anyhoot,i hope Black desert can do more than look good,that is the REAL information i am waiting for.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• gimmiblackdesertnowgimmiblackdesertnow Member Posts: 56
    Why am I the only one enraged by the fact that western publishers don't give a shit about this game? What the hell is going on? I'm not going to wait 2 years for this, russians are getting it already... -.-
  • BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by gimmiblackdesertnow
    Why am I the only one enraged by the fact that western publishers don't give a shit about this game? What the hell is going on? I'm not going to wait 2 years for this, russians are getting it already... -.-

You can learn decent amount of Russian in 6 months time. Why wait 2 years? image

• KattycakeKattycake Member Posts: 37
    I just saw this on reddit. I have no words!

xoxo

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by JimmyYO

Not in actual gameplay - it looks very average in actual gameplay.

here look at the latest CBT2 in game video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2p-YyHkQt0

Doesn't look all the spectacular.

Game looks fantastic in character creation - but it doesn't look like that in gameplay.

Did we see the same video? it looks fantastic in gameplay and world.

Agreed.  I thought it looked beautiful and I liked the fact that he was unable to push the horse beyond his riding capabilities (due to either the horse or his riding skill).  Reminds me of mortal online when you first start riding.

I think we've become accustomed to graphics and character models being so alike, but if they start to vary and become more unique, people will begin to notice again.  I know when I was playing ESO recently I put quite a bit of time in creating my character and always took the time to look at how other players decided to customize their own.

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    Originally posted by Kattycake
    I just saw this on reddit. I have no words!

Neither do I .  I simply can't believe they made it so you can make your pupils different shape.  Talk about a useless, idiotic feature.  

Seriously, aside from that, the character creation looks really good.  I just can't get over why they thought having star-shaped pupils was necessary.  

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433
    Damn, I think ima need a new computer when this comes out... :p

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!