Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cant Claim

ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

So i purchased a settlers pack today , i am pretty far fron anyother claims .. I did chk the map and check show claimable land ..

It shows all the red lnd that is already claimed i am very far from any other plot , right click the flag and it just makes a clicking sound .. thats it..

any help is appreciated

Comments

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    You need to craft a claim flag.  The portal you start near has crafting stations at it, one of them lets you craft a claim flag, it takes quite a few reagent to craft.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Press - U you need claim funds, copper.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959

Yeah the flags you start with are cosmetic only and used to decorate your claim. You have to craft the actual "claim flag" now, you didn't in alpha but you need to now, it isn't that much to make. It takes 7 Elemental Iron (found in iron deposits), 10 Aquamarine and 10 Heartwood (the new burled wood).

Elemental Iron is easily found on the far reaches of the first biome in Tier 1 just before entering the second biome and usually more within it or you could go to Tier 2 where it would be closer. Aquamarine is usually always attached to the tail end of iron deposits so just keep mining till you get farther down or find it on the surface of Tier 2 more easily, distinct turquoise color. Heartwood is found in any tree and has a green aura around it when it floats to your character.

It really isn't that difficult and all can be found in Tier 1 map, also regardless of people complaining about claim upkeep it is necessary to keep too many people having too many claims and the upkeep is roughly 300 copper ore per day which is nothing really, though banking more than 5 days rent would be nice and is needed. Good luck, have fun.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Aight thx , i got a flag made and claimed a spot .. Now why cant i actually gather resources on the spot i claimed ... ?
  • ZagaZaga Member Posts: 23
    You harvest resources in unclaimed areas, and build stuff inside your claimed area.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
       i get that .. but wanted to flatten an area .. and clear a cpl trees out
  • MightykingMightyking Member UncommonPosts: 235
    Need to use your building tools to terraform on your property. Currently harvesting on your claim is disabled. It's been talked about in videos before that it should be possible to harvest resources one time on your claim (it won't respawn), but that's currently not the case. Trees, bushes, rocks, can be removed from your claim, by right clicking them and choose delete.
  • JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880
    m
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    As far as modifying your claim there are three tools by default in your inventory: Add, Delete and Heal. Cursors for all three can be made bigger or smaller by the mouse wheel.

If you really want to clear your claim I would focus on making the Selection Tool. This allows you to form a 3D box and then select an effect like delete. Much easier than deleting piece by piece.

The Landmark wikia I believe has all the recipes for tools (both building and harvesting)and props.
    Just a note, you can pull your building tools to your UI hotkeys. Not sure whey all of them are not there by default.
  • ReesRacerReesRacer Member UncommonPosts: 179
    Originally posted by Scorchien
       i get that .. but wanted to flatten an area .. and clear a cpl trees out

any trees etc actually on your claim can be removed by right-clicking on them and selecting "delete" from the pop-up menu...

(don't worry...many others did not know that trick, either!)

have fun :)

They recently added another option to trees and shrubs on your claim. You can now adjust them rather than just keep or delete them. Since foliage can be crafted though this may be more of a pain if a lot of terraforming is required.