Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] ArcheAge: MMOZG.net Interviews Jake Song About Russian Version

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

MMOzg.net has another fantastic interview with ArcheAge's Jake Song. The team started with a list of questions and added more as answers were given. See what he had to say in this comprehensive new interview with our friends at MMOZG.net.

Read more ArcheAge: MMOZG.net Interviews Jake Song About Russian Version.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• steelwindsteelwind Member UncommonPosts: 352
    Just the news I wanted to hear on my Monday!! Trade routes to the northern cont, nation building improvements....awesome! Most importantly, is Jake back?!?!?!
  • KeksXKeksX Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Originally posted by steelwind
    Just the news I wanted to hear on my Monday!! Trade routes to the northern cont, nation building improvements....awesome! Most importantly, is Jake back?!?!?!

SEEMS LIKE IT! And I love it!

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I have always liked AA except for one idea >>>PVP.Now he says after leveling it is all about pvp and that leveling will be rather fast.This sounds boring to me,gain 10 levels logout,then 2 weeks later i am basically done playing except for pvp which i have no interest in.

Also if leveling is so fast,then nothing you earn along the way ever feels valuable or an achievement,it just feels like a fly by night onto the next quest.I can't blame Jake,he is just trying to join the crowd with a giant decent game.

Problem is i have all but given up on mmorpg's right now,nobody is making  an actual RP game with FUN elements/systems.I think basically i am not alone,we want a simulation game with lots of systems.That is what role playing is suppose to do,simulate living the life of that particular character type.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• steelwindsteelwind Member UncommonPosts: 352
    Originally posted by Wizardry

I have always liked AA except for one idea >>>PVP.Now he says after leveling it is all about pvp and that leveling will be rather fast.This sounds boring to me,gain 10 levels logout,then 2 weeks later i am basically done playing except for pvp which i have no interest in.

Also if leveling is so fast,then nothing you earn along the way ever feels valuable or an achievement,it just feels like a fly by night onto the next quest.I can't blame Jake,he is just trying to join the crowd with a giant decent game.

Problem is i have all but given up on mmorpg's right now,nobody is making  an actual RP game with FUN elements/systems.I think basically i am not alone,we want a simulation game with lots of systems.That is what role playing is suppose to do,simulate living the life of that particular character type.

It seemed to me he was talking about after 1.0, they nerfed all methods of leveling from 50-55 and made the preferred method running the new dungeon/dailies as the only viable way to  level. What he was referring to was reverting those changes so that you can level how you choose (trading,crafting,gathering,etc) instead of being forced to level via dailies. As it was prior to version 1.0 being released.

• LegereLegere Member UncommonPosts: 123

they are taking so freaking long releasing the game, by the time its out, it will look dated and there will be better games available.

this should have been released a year ago. 

• wangkomwangkom Member Posts: 119

MMOZG.net: Why did you change the way Delphinad stars are obtained? Why are they now obtained by completing daily activities?

Jake Song: Delphinad stars that are widely used to purchase ships, houses, vehicles, and etc perpetually belong to players. This means that Delphinad starts can be a very efficient tool to help players to set their own goal in game play. Players must input their own time and effort to complete daily quests, and this is why we decided Delphinad star to be the compensation of the daily quests since it meets the intent.

Did he just completely avoid answering that question, the way it was before it would actually require alot more effort from a player to obtain delphi stars, you could have to grow your own plants/spices or whatever you needed to be able to make trade packages and do your trade run, obtaining it from dailies is just a really dumb idea.

• wiseman00wiseman00 Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by Legere

they are taking so freaking long releasing the game, by the time its out, it will look dated and there will be better games available.

this should have been released a year ago. 

It was released a year ago. 

I feel the English version still doesn't have competition. EQN is still in the idea phase and will more than likely be learning from AA. Black Desert is still being made. ArcheAge is the only one currently set and fully playable as a whole game.

Any quickly produced  sandbox will be garbage IMO. This is why sandbox games are taking so long to be released.

The timing is still pretty good. I don't see any other nearby release windows for AAA sandbox games.

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

I also think that ArcheAge has no serious competitor yet.

Its a game, where all promises became a reality while other games release half arsed and far behind the expoectations.

The daily delfi feels contraring to the sandboxgame.

No idea how to describe it .. it is like you have a job that you do out of your free choice but now you got to make another job that you dont have choosen by free will ..

Nevertheless, they are alive :p

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by wangkom

MMOZG.net: Why did you change the way Delphinad stars are obtained? Why are they now obtained by completing daily activities?

Jake Song: Delphinad stars that are widely used to purchase ships, houses, vehicles, and etc perpetually belong to players. This means that Delphinad starts can be a very efficient tool to help players to set their own goal in game play. Players must input their own time and effort to complete daily quests, and this is why we decided Delphinad star to be the compensation of the daily quests since it meets the intent.

Did he just completely avoid answering that question, the way it was before it would actually require alot more effort from a player to obtain delphi stars, you could have to grow your own plants/spices or whatever you needed to be able to make trade packages and do your trade run, obtaining it from dailies is just a really dumb idea.

I might be completely wrong, but can't these Delphi stars be bought via the Cash Shop ? If so, it's totally clear why they linked them to dailies, because that automatically caps how many a player can earn for "free" during game play.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    The game could have been huge by now. All it needed was a capable publisher for the western market -like two years ago. To bad until today there is none.

• MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    Double post

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

Trion is doing a good job imo

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

Yeah, Trion is the publisher for the West and they are actually in full throttle, we got informations nearly on a daily base.

That said, they promised more then one time, that ArcheAge it will be released this year.

• wangkomwangkom Member Posts: 119
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko
    Originally posted by wangkom

I might be completely wrong, but can't these Delphi stars be bought via the Cash Shop ? If so, it's totally clear why they linked them to dailies, because that automatically caps how many a player can earn for "free" during game play.

Nope you cannot buy from anywhere and they are untradeable.

Have you even researched the amount of systems in this game? Its mind boggling. PVP is one of MANY things you can do in AA after you hit max. Do some research first please. You don't even have to do the quest game to reach max level, you can craft, cook, build boats, houses, fish, farm, raise livestock, grow crops, undersea treasure hunt, create music literally, blacksmith, weaponsmith, tailor, mine, etc etc, etc

Ever rp a Diplomat in any mmo before where your job was to learn the other factions languages so you could set up non aggression pacts and trade agreements? In ArcheAge you can with its language system!

There is NO mmo out right now that isn't years old with a tiny community that has what ArcheAge has as far as rp opportunities. Absolutely NONE

http://rparcheage.enjin.com/forum

Come join us on the rp forums

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    Originally posted by Maquiame

Have you even researched the amount of systems in this game? Its mind boggling. PVP is one of MANY things you can do in AA after you hit max. Do some research first please. You don't even have to do the quest game to reach max level, you can craft, cook, build boats, houses, fish, farm, raise livestock, grow crops, undersea treasure hunt, create music literally, blacksmith, weaponsmith, tailor, mine, etc etc, etc

Ever rp a Diplomat in any mmo before where your job was to learn the other factions languages so you could set up non aggression pacts and trade agreements? In ArcheAge you can with its language system!

There is NO mmo out right now that isn't years old with a tiny community that has what ArcheAge has as far as rp opportunities. Absolutely NONE

The problem is, PvP is the main focus of ArcheAge.  Sure it has other things to do, as does EvE.  But the main focus of EvE is PvP.  And thats enough to ruin the game for a lot of people.

Of course, EvE doesn't care and it shouldn't.  There is nothing wrong with a game having PvP as its main focus.  And its worked out very well for EvE.  ArcheAge, however, has a *very* steep mountain to scale because it is korean, and korean games do not do well in the west.  Jake Song's big claim to fame (Lineage) was a big flop in the west and shut down long ago.  L2, AION and TERA all failed to capture a meaningful western audience.  ArcheAge maybe is different, but the odds are not in its favor.

• sumo0sumo0 Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Originally posted by syriinx
    Originally posted by Maquiame

The problem is, PvP is the main focus of ArcheAge.  Sure it has other things to do, as does EvE.  But the main focus of EvE is PvP.  And thats enough to ruin the game for a lot of people.

Of course, EvE doesn't care and it shouldn't.  There is nothing wrong with a game having PvP as its main focus.  And its worked out very well for EvE.  ArcheAge, however, has a *very* steep mountain to scale because it is korean, and korean games do not do well in the west.  Jake Song's big claim to fame (Lineage) was a big flop in the west and shut down long ago.  L2, AION and TERA all failed to capture a meaningful western audience.  ArcheAge maybe is different, but the odds are not in its favor.

The PVP will be great. I think alot of gamers will pay for a game like this. Enough to keep it profitable enough atleast.

Let's just hope they dont turn it into a game specifically designed for the whales through a shop.