Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Game of Trolls - Season I @dungeons

Comments

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025

Just to add: You guys can bitch endlessly about this (some seem to do this full time) or, for now, fix your own issue by making sure you form groups of people that can cooperate. You know, the lessons you learned from Kindergarten?

If an asshat shows up leave the dungeon and reform.

You stay sassy!

• MahavishnuMahavishnu Member Posts: 336

Ah, thank you for bringing back some memories from good old vanilla WoW ;)

Do you remember? In WoW, in the beginning, it was exactly the same! Everybody could ninja all drops. That led to so many conflicts and you could not even kick them...

Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need.

• JorlJorl Member UncommonPosts: 257

I agree, something needs to be done and hopefully the issue will be solved you can't rely on people being fair especially in pug groups. There needs to be a role system and at the very least green loot from bosses. I've had my fair share of problems in dungeons.

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379
    Originally posted by Tamanous
    Originally posted by Skuall
    Originally posted by Elikal

It is INCONCEIVABLE to me, how a MMO launching 2014 can be so BLANTATLY ignoring everything we learned about MMOs in the last 10 years! Zenimax acts as if their MMO was the first MMo ever made! Do we learn nothing!

This is just so laughable. They launch a MMO in 2014 with zero loot roll mechanics! Where kicked players stay in the dungeon and it even prevents the group from bringing in another person? It is so unbelievably amateurish to neglect such basic stuff in a MMO like loot roll mechanics and group handling. Not to speak of the sheer absurdity that chests vanish, once they are taken. Whoever introduced that to ESO needs to be banished from EVER making a MMO again! That's just hilariously wrong!

And bossses often drop just white trash? WTF? What incentive are you having, if a difficult boss just drops trash?

WHAT THE FUCK?

I still don't understand how such a system could get through any QA. ZoS developed the game in complete ignorance of every experience with previous MMOs. Chest and loot stealing... good riddance. We left behind that anti-social shit in the MMO dark ages! That certainly was NOT a feature from the past that needed ressurrection.

hahaha so true

Likely one of the many things they pushed off for release. I too feel it was a bad choice.

But if people here haven't suggested this through official channels to ZOS then stop wasting your time here.

I don't go to the official channels so I am glad they are posting this stuff here. I don't think it is a waste at all seeing as how toxic I found the official channels when making an observation during the betas. IMO, this is something that any developers worth a shit should not have pointed out to them. While they can't account for every human behavior, this is one that undermines group play in a game that is supposed to foster it. I was hoping my beta impressions were wrong and that things would get better post launch because I could use a decent MMO. 

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by Elikal

It is INCONCEIVABLE to me, how a MMO launching 2014 can be so BLANTATLY ignoring everything we learned about MMOs in the last 10 years! Zenimax acts as if their MMO was the first MMo ever made! Do we learn nothing!

This is just so laughable. They launch a MMO in 2014 with zero loot roll mechanics! Where kicked players stay in the dungeon and it even prevents the group from bringing in another person? It is so unbelievably amateurish to neglect such basic stuff in a MMO like loot roll mechanics and group handling. Not to speak of the sheer absurdity that chests vanish, once they are taken. Whoever introduced that to ESO needs to be banished from EVER making a MMO again! That's just hilariously wrong!

And bossses often drop just white trash? WTF? What incentive are you having, if a difficult boss just drops trash?

WHAT THE FUCK?

I still don't understand how such a system could get through any QA. ZoS developed the game in complete ignorance of every experience with previous MMOs. Chest and loot stealing... good riddance. We left behind that anti-social shit in the MMO dark ages! That certainly was NOT a feature from the past that needed ressurrection.

Why is this so difficult to understand? Hasn't Zenimax said since the beginning that crafting will be an INTEGRAL part of the ESO experience. It is through crafting that you will create or upgrade you items to legendary status. However, this is also a very tedious and time consuming process and you also need to sacrifice skill points that could be spent on other talents in crafting, instead. 

IMO, it's a brilliant trade-off. In other MMOs (of the cookie-cutter sort) you do PvE, you run dungeons, you raid, you get the best loot. However, crafting suffers because there's always something better that you can get through running some PvE content. Blacksmithing is all but obsolete in WoW. Same goes for other crafted gear. The only thing that makes them remotely viable anymore is consumables like armor kits, etc. 

ESO forces you to make REALLY tough decisions. Do you spec into your role, do you go with crafting-heavy toons that can get really good gear, but sacrifice skill points? Or do you try to find middle ground? It's a great balance, IMO. Without the guarantee of any loot, it doesn't guarantee progression. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• GrumiumGrumium Member UncommonPosts: 57

They need to add  in a flagging system where if someone loots when they are not supposed to then party can attack and take him out and take all of his items. Seriously, they should have a voting system to allow all people to vote for one person to loot the chest,  then if another person loots the chest that is not voted on his character turns grey and the party can freely attack him. A nice fix for all the boring mmo's  that are made now....  Yes I played UO. Yes I miss it.  You made friends and trusted each other to help each other out.  If someone did this crap you and the party just killed his character and did not res him. If you died on an island dungeon then you could be stuck there even if you found a healer. It always helped to make friends in that game.  It was more then just attack everyone you see like some of these new pvp mmo's. No I did not pk people for fun or pk at all.

Here is a funny story. Just 1 of many I have in general of UO. I remember my friends house getting looted. I will call him Bob just to make it easy. Bob  called on me and a few friends to come help take care of the problem. The thing is all I had was a mining and smiting character. I could not fight my way out of a wet paper bag. My friends were pretty much in the same vote. The guy looting his house did not know that. He stopped looting it and  2 of his friends showed up.  They did not attack us because there were 5 of us and they did not know what type of skills that our characters had.  So Bob bluffed them and told us do not attack them. He told the guy that started looting his house he would 1 vs 1 duel him and if he won he could have his house and everything in it. It was a bluff because if those 3 starting attacking us we would have all got our butts handed to us. Bob was a good pvp player.  He ended up dueling the guy and it was an even match.They were dueling for at least 10 min.  I had only been playing a few months, but I have so many fond memories of UO then I have had of any of these bland MMO's. 

The moral of the story is this crap would not happen in an MMO where you had to make friends to survive. MMO's are just everyone for their self now.  Even the guy that posted in the video was saying it's not fair because bosses did not drop green items.  Easy fix for this is make friends get in a guild and don't think about your own character and what he can do to max his gear.  If you were in a guild or with people you trusted then this would not happen and this video would not be posted. I think this should be a lesson learned for you. Instead you post a video complaining that you went into a dungeon with people you did not know, and were SURPRISED that this happened?????  If you were in less forgiving games your character would have been dead with all items gone.

I am sorry for the rant, but MMO's are just watered down bore fests now. This game is not broken. It's people complaining because they want their characters to be the best and are surprised that other people are thinking of their -themselves and want the same dang thing that is broken.  

Every MMO I play now just sucks. I look at different MMO's and it's all just the same crap.  I was actually going to start looking into this game and see if it was a class based or skill based system. I am not sure if I even want to play another MMO again. It's this mindset that makes MMO's even more boring.  Seriously MMO's are supposed to be about making friends and helping people out not about what items you can get to make your character better.  If there was good crafting in games then you could go to a friend and he could make you good gear, and you would not have to worry about (DROPS). 

Take what you will from my post RANT OVER...

• HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821
    Originally posted by sketocafe
    The funny part here is how the youtube guy and all the commentors think it would be a good thing if kicking a party member booted them out of the instance. You think the looting guy was trolling? Give a party leader the ability to instantly remove anyone from the instance and then you'll see some trolling. No fucking thank you.

Ofcourse it was not and it immediatelly backfired. The guy was just using mechanics as they currently work. Nothing wrong about that, objectively. Subjectively this is a whole another point, because the dungeon .. the group .. teamwork yada yada etc

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by Hrotha

Havent seen it yourself? Convince yourself by watching the latest impression of higher level dungeons and how much of a troll-nature there in can be found. Coming to you by Force:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLBHjwCw088

Enjoy

Trolling or loot ninja?

All I have to say is you and/or the person in the video need to learn the difference.

First he stole the loot - then he tried to get his former party killed by dropping mobs.

So he clearly classifies as  griefer.

Harbinger of Fools
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by Hrotha

Havent seen it yourself? Convince yourself by watching the latest impression of higher level dungeons and how much of a troll-nature there in can be found. Coming to you by Force:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLBHjwCw088

Enjoy

Trolling or loot ninja?

All I have to say is you and/or the person in the video need to learn the difference.

So ignoring the party members request to help and then after being kicked, running ahead and training pulls back to the group to try to wipe them isn't trolling?  All I have to ask is did you even watch the video?

I'd like to add that the person in the video even explained what troll behavior was as in people trying to get a rise out of others. So yes, someone does indeed need to learn the difference.

Originally posted by sketocafe
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx
    Originally posted by Braindome

I haven't been a fan of this game cause it seemed boring, this seems fun, then again I can't stand min/max'ers.

Whining about the things this guy whines about is proof why a game like Ultima Online or Camelot will never be made again. Everyone has become entitled whiners, this guy annoys me to my very core and even though I know i'm in the minority I have no problem saying that this guy and his mentality are part of the overall problem and why MMO's are "boring".

Risk and reward are probably not in this guys vocabulary, he wants everything and he wants it now, simple as that.

I think the whole thing just went over your head because this video had nothing to do with 'i want it all and i want it now'.

I like how you jump on OP but had nothing to say about the guy who instead of helping his team was  just running to chests and looting stuff. 

You sir blow my mind.

I think he got it pretty right though. The guy in the video started by talking about how there's no certainty of loot from bosses, wants certainty of loot via sharing chests and thinks that giving one person the ability to remove anyone he wants instantly from a dungeon is worth it just so he can get his fair share of chests. He was an idiot, and Brain is right to call him out as such.

The guy in the video was explaining that bosses didn't drop guaranteed loot as a way to put the whole situation into perspective. He even stated he was setting the story up with added information so it could show that he wasn't whining about some guy stealing random chests. He was explaining  that these chests were where most of the good loot comes from. As for the removing group members comment, that is a matter of opinion but having that person still be able to ruin the experience for the other 3 people is a mistake.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

This whole situation to me reminds me of the saying those who don't learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.

They haven't done anything in their party/dungeon mechanics that is so new you can considered it reinvented, so why are they having basic problems with loot/parties that other mmos worked out a decade ago. I'm kind of blown away that any loot can drop in a party dungeon populated by pugs that isn't on a need/greed system....or at least try something new. 

• ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931

This is like going back in time for me the early years of wow. Always had the ninja looter. People would YELL there name out haha.

Yet how in the world do you miss something like this? I told them in beta whats going to stop anyone from just getting chests all day? You get a green 90% of the time. They respawn same place.

Granted the chests out side are crap. You can make something better real easy.

Its not just dungeons. Dont you see that node and both start to run and the guy races to it? Or that chest you see and some npc standing you start the fight and heres that guy runs in to the chest. Happens all the time. I play on EU and so far only ONE TIME did someone help me kill the npc and let me have the chest.

So I know we say..its always the other guy.. YOU are the other guy.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Well...simple solution...join a clan and run with the clan, stay away from pug's...I know sometimes you can't, but people will be people...

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Lol at all the fretting over dungeon loot. The best PUGs I've been in just ignore the chests unless it's staring you right in the face and complete the dungeon for the challenge and the skill point and move on.

There is no phat loot in these dungeons that you can't find elsewhere at your leisure. 

I guess every one is so WOW brainwashed that they figure dungeons MUST have the best loot and you repeat them over and over until you get THAT drop from THAT dungeon.

I guess the fact that mob XP in dungeons is about 1/10th the mob XP outside isn't enough of a clue that these aren't the standard MMO phat loot rinse and repeat all day long WOW dungeons?

And people say they want new things in their MMOs...yeah right, sure you do.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Originally posted by Iselin

Lol at all the fretting over dungeon loot. The best PUGs I've been in just ignore the chests unless it's staring you right in the face and complete the dungeon for the challenge and the skill point and move on.

There is no phat loot in these dungeons that you can't find elsewhere at your leisure. 

I guess every one is so WOW brainwashed that they figure dungeons MUST have the best loot and you repeat them over and over until you get THAT drop from THAT dungeon.

I guess the fact that mob XP in dungeons is about 1/10th the mob XP outside isn't enough of a clue that these aren't the standard MMO phat loot rinse and repeat all day long WOW dungeons?

People like you truly amaze me. I can spend a lifetime studying you creatures. I wonder if you really believe the things that you type. Simply amazing.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Originally posted by Sephiroso

People like you truly amaze me. I can spend a lifetime studying you creatures. I wonder if you really believe the things that you type. Simply amazing.

Three sentences and no meaning. Care to explain wtf you're talking about?

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• DEAD.lineDEAD.line Member Posts: 424

That's what you got out of that video and his concerns regarding the current issues with groups in dungeons?

Course i'll explain. It was 4 sentences. Would have flowed better if written in haiku form. Unfortunately i lack the skills to do that.

Course i'll explain. It was 4 sentences. Would have flowed better if written in haiku form. Unfortunately i lack the skills to do that.

I see. You're trying to establish yourself as the resident "not rose colored glasses" dude of the forum... very hipster reply.

And as all of your post, a total waste of space.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

Not really sure what he's on about but... It's pretty basic human nature to want your fair share when working in a group. The actual value doesn't matter. Seeing someone collect all the loot while you do all the work wont sit well with people.

The argument " you can get better some place else " doesn't make watching someone do it any better. If dungeons have crap loot, poor xp and are full of douche bags ninja looting....why would you bother going into one ?

Group dungeons should have the proper tools so it's not left up to the lowest common denominator to decide how things are done. Regardless of the value one gets out of it.

Originally posted by DamonVile

Not really sure what he's on about but... It's pretty basic human nature to want your fair share when working in a group. The actual value doesn't matter. Seeing someone collect all the loot while you do all the work wont sit well with people.

The argument " you can get better some place else " doesn't make watching someone do it any better. If dungeons have crap loot, poor xp and are full of douche bags ninja looting....why would you bother going into one ?

Group dungeons should have the proper tools so it's not left up to the lowest common denominator to decide how things are done. Regardless of the value one gets out of it.

^ is what I was on about, but after reading his post, i knew it was a doomed endeavor from the start to try to speak to him intelligently. But yea, couldn't have put it better myself.

Also, his next response is gonna be "do dungeons with friends". And probably will throw some failed trope about risk vs reward and another slant against WoW and possibly even how the devs are new at this.

I agree, especially since the video was more about the trolling and not really about the loot in and of itself. Of course it is a common thing around here to attack those that see the flaws, however, so I guess I am just a brainwashed sheep. But at least I watched the video and can form a response to the issue instead of  invalidating the topic by making it something it isn't. 

TLDR; The video wasn't really about the loot, but the behavior and Zenimax's lack of implementation on ways of dealing with the trolls that inevitably pop up. Judging from the defenses I better include a TLDR.

I don't disagree that the guy was being an asshat. But I've run into them in many MMOs. WOW has been out now, what? 10 years? Well you can still have a guy today deliberately wipe a group by aggroing everything and leaving the party.

I have no problem with Force's commentary on the kicking and the game allowing the guy to remain in the instance - that's a problem obviously. 

But the other thing he was saying is that bosses need to have phat loot. And that is just plain not getting that dungeons here are not meant to be repeated. They're just not set-up that way... and the XP in there is crap deliberately to discourage leveling through endless dungeon queuing.

Now people may like that or not. But it is what it is and proposing that bosses drop better loot is just not getting it.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• The user and all related content has been deleted.