Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is housing going to be instanced?

KattycakeKattycake Member Posts: 37
I understand from Landmark you can get a deed and move your house to Next. However is it in open world or instanced?

xoxo

Comments

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139

Not a lot of info on EQN's claim/building system. Highly doubting you can just plop down a claim outside of a city, more likely there will be designated building areas outside of regular game play and or be instanced. They've talked a bit about guild cities and player run things, so I could see them having large distances between main cities like Freeport and Qeynos where guilds could build things in between. Players could build villages/cities and establish trade routes between the more popular main areas.

I'm also guessing that moving things from Landmark to EQN won't be very simple/easy. Especially with the removal of EQ from the name. They are trying to make them two distinct games and I'm doubting the cross over is going to be the same as originally planned. Probably be limited to only highly upvoted and approved things from Landmark that can be ported over or purchased in EQN. Like you can buy a high ranked door made in Landmark, but not a huge castle.

Long ways to go though, so no telling what will really happen. Safe to assume there will be housing and that it will be better then what has come before in most games, but doubt there will be the same freedom as Landmark (would take a way from playing it for many). They've said that they will have limited instancing for certain things, housing could be one of them. Which is good and bad. I would love to see player built/run areas in the open world, but at the same time, I don't want to have to navigate around a million crappy looking half built claims trying to get to a dragon's den.

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402

There is a round table about this actually.

The sad part is that "only in cities" is winning which means people want instanced housing...

The original idea, as told by D.G. was that you would need a deed in EQNext, but that their would be limited place where you could drop it down. They also talked about getting your Landmark building approved to be "imported" into EQNext, but that might end up dropped now.