Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Character Creation. WOW!

ShauneepeakShauneepeak Member UncommonPosts: 424

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TP4L1vHfpk

Here is a full run through of the character creation. Sadly there is no commentary and of course the text is Korean.

Comments

• ShamorauShamorau Member UncommonPosts: 181
    WOW!! thats what i call character customisation.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    And this is why I like the asian mmo's. They kind of "get it".
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
    That is incredible for a MMO.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• JaggaSpikesJaggaSpikes Member UncommonPosts: 430
    quite impressive
  • Colt47Colt47 Member UncommonPosts: 549
    This character creation is not for the decision averse.  I could see someone I know spend about 10+ hours fiddling with the character creator in this game if that is what it will have on release.  Speaking of which, I need to go check this game out because that is pretty impressive. image
  • DEAD.lineDEAD.line Member Posts: 424

Wait, can you control the body enough to create "freaky people" like in AION. Atleast it seemed like it from the videos. It looked like you could make the arms extremely long. Maybe i'm wrong.

But in terms of face customization, that's amazing.

• ShauneepeakShauneepeak Member UncommonPosts: 424
    Originally posted by Colt47
    This character creation is not for the decision averse.  I could see someone I know spend about 10+ hours fiddling with the character creator in this game if that is what it will have on release.  Speaking of which, I need to go check this game out because that is pretty impressive. image

Yeah I am already picturing nearly dead servers at the time of release and the next few hours afterwards because most people will still be fiddling with their characters. XD I know I will probably end up spending an hour or more on this.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

Asians are way ahead of western devs when it comes to character models, character creations and animations.

This is how it is done Western devs..take  notes and learn.

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    (*yawn*) clap, clap... i didn't quite get the point of setting arms/feet in various positions at the end though. Why? how's that related to character creation?
    Originally posted by Galadourn
    (*yawn*) clap, clap... i didn't quite get the point of setting arms/feet in various positions at the end though. Why? how's that related to character creation?

Probably simply a feature to get a better look at your character in various positions. I know I have made a char before and spent a long time working on it only to get in game and have it not be as "perfect" as I thought it was.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Originally posted by Shauneepeak

Yeah I am already picturing nearly dead servers at the time of release and the next few hours afterwards because most people will still be fiddling with their characters. XD I know I will probably end up spending an hour or more on this.

I might be the only one playing then.  Character creation means very little to me.  I usually select a default character and click play.  Great for those who like this, however.  I am more interested in game play and the larger world.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by flizzer

I might be the only one playing then.  Character creation means very little to me.  I usually select a default character and click play.  Great for those who like this, however.  I am more interested in game play and the larger world.

We all want that but what good is excellent looking big world that is filled with identical twins and clones?

The way your character looks is as important as the feel of the world.

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    Impressive
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx
    Originally posted by flizzer

We all want that but what good is excellent looking big world that is filled with identical twins and clones?

To each their own.  Despite the number of MMOs we currently have and the ones I have played , most of the characters look the same to me.  Sure, add a scar here or make big breasts here but they all look about the same to me. I have yet to play a game that reflects a real life situation where people all look very different. Perhaps I have learned to not care about this, but it remains low on my list of MMO requirements.

• HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993

Agree, always spend ages making my toon, make the character feel like it's mine. In saying that, from what i've seen i'm hoping the classes aren't gender locked. 

Originally posted by Herase

Agree, always spend ages making my toon, make the character feel like it's mine. In saying that, from what i've seen i'm hoping the classes aren't gender locked. 

Only one that still seems to be is Beast Tamer but Pearl Abyss said they are perfectly fine with changing things like this for the Western Market.

• VicDynamoVicDynamo Member Posts: 234
    In my experience pretty character models doesn't always translate into smooth gameplay. I agree that this is pretty neat, but history has proven that flexible character creation doesn't accurately predict how good the game will be. I guess I'll remain cautious until I see more.
    Originally posted by Prhyme
    In my experience pretty character models doesn't always translate into smooth gameplay. I agree that this is pretty neat, but history has proven that flexible character creation doesn't accurately predict how good the game will be. I guess I'll remain cautious until I see more.

Great news is this game has had info trickling out for the past two years I got all hyped back in 2012 but managed to slam the breaks on my hype and lay off for a bit but now we are getting some true beta footage and everything is still looking amazing.

From all the interviews I have read and from what I have seen the team behind this game are really passionate. Only way this game will probably get ruined is by the publishers Pearl Abyss get in foreign markets.

• KirexyKirexy Member Posts: 21
    I like it a lot :D! The only thing I'm so-so about is the heart/star in the eyes or on their faces. Doesn't go hand in hand of the medieval theme they have created and somewhat breaks the immersion. To some extent even the neon-coloured hair also contributes to this. But I can oversee it, after all it is a medieval game with fantasy ingredients.
    Originally posted by Kirexy
    I like it a lot :D! The only thing I'm so-so about is the heart/star in the eyes or on their faces. Doesn't go hand in hand of the medieval theme they have created and somewhat breaks the immersion. To some extent even the neon-coloured hair also contributes to this. But I can oversee it, after all it is a medieval game with fantasy ingredients.

Not too badly though it is a mix of east and west remember. Tattoos were really big in Asia and ancient Roman women were obsessed with brightly coloured wigs and hair dyes.

Only thing that was iffy to me was the funky eyes.

• MamasGunMamasGun Member Posts: 152
    Never heard of it.  Will be keeping my on it!  Thanks for posting!

Loves: SMITE, WildStar, Project Zomboid, PSO2, DCUO,

Worst Online Communities: WoW/WoD(the OG MMO Trolls), DayZ/WarZ, SMITE/LoL/DOTA, EVE Online, APB
    "I’m ready for
    All the comparisons
    I think it’s dumb and it’s embarrassing
    I’m switching off
    No longer listening
    I’ve had enough of persecution and conditioning
    Maybe it’s instinct- We’re only animal"
    - Lily Allen, Sheezus

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    And when you are all wearing exactly the same armour at least some of you will have bigger boobs... no, wait... this is the internet, you will have big boobs too.
  • SatsunoryuSatsunoryu Member UncommonPosts: 285
    Caught wind of this game a while back and the graphics certainly caught my attention.  It is indeed a beautiful game and the characters are varied and interesting.  The combat looks pretty crazy too.  Until I know more, not really sure what to expect overall though.
  • SadSwordfishSadSwordfish Member CommonPosts: 78

I played in a closed beta for Blade and Soul and that game had the best character models I have seen so far. The art direction in that game is truly marvelous. 

I know Anime is a Japanese term for Japanese made styles, but Blade and Soul truly felt like Anime on steroids. I have never seen art anything like it. It encompasses many of the steretoypical over sexualized male and female stereotypes, but it's also very unique looking. There is an exaggeration in the characters hands, boobs, shoulders, thighs and faces that I have not seen anywhere.

The fidelity in this game just seems to be much higher and much more realistic. Much more "western friendly". But I wonder if this game will have the same crazy amount of hairstyles to choose from. 

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    While it is impressive, it means nothing if the game sucks. So, I am not getting my hopes up with a character creator just yet.