Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Glad i bought the expansion .. lots of fun for me

nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Best gaming purchase for years. I would say RoS is even way better than the original D3 (which i like).

combat is fun. Build experimentation is fun. Random dungeons (adv mode + rift) are a blast. So many things to do (gear up my main, level up the alts, and playing the crusader).

Comments

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

Best gaming purchase for years. I would say RoS is even way better than the original D3 (which i like).

combat is fun. Build experimentation is fun. Random dungeons (adv mode + rift) are a blast. So many things to do (gear up my main, level up the alts, and playing the crusader).

Yep agreed! Already have spent far too many hours in it (much more than I should be). I would add to that that the campaign is still fun as hell to run through too and Act 5 is really, really nice, and the enchanter is a great addition along with the gambling NPC that you get when you play adventure mode. I hope that Blizzard continues to develope for D3 and does not stop here like it has in the past with the first two games in the series.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499
    Well saying it's better then D3 launch isn't saying much. It sold like 12 million copies and retained less then 1% in 3 months. That said RoS is a huge step in the right direction.
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Originally posted by fantasyfreak112
    Well saying it's better then D3 launch isn't saying much. It sold like 12 million copies and retained less then 1% in 3 months. That said RoS is a huge step in the right direction.

Got proof for that exaggeration?

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by MurlockDance

Yep agreed! Already have spent far too many hours in it (much more than I should be). I would add to that that the campaign is still fun as hell to run through too and Act 5 is really, really nice, and the enchanter is a great addition along with the gambling NPC that you get when you play adventure mode. I hope that Blizzard continues to develope for D3 and does not stop here like it has in the past with the first two games in the series.

I think RoS is/will sell well and i bet there will be at least one more expansion.

And you are right .. my only issue with the game is that it is too much fun and time consuming. On the surface, it is like .. well .. let's just run one more rift, it is only going to be 20 min. But i blink, and it has been hours.

BTW, i finally got a leg drop (minor upgrade with enchantment) doing blood shard gambling this morning. A nice surprise before i go to work.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Same arguements that applied to GW2 is relevant here. Retention is meaningless since you do not get punished by take a break from Diablo 3, you play when you fancy some carnage :)

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

Originally posted by Bladestrom
    Same arguements that applied to GW2 is relevant here. Retention is meaningless since you do not get punished by take a break from Diablo 3, you play when you fancy some carnage :)

Furthermore, if you go to xfire or diabloprogress.com ... you will see players are putting in ungodly amount of hours into the game.

I think RoS is/will sell well and i bet there will be at least one more expansion.

And you are right .. my only issue with the game is that it is too much fun and time consuming. On the surface, it is like .. well .. let's just run one more rift, it is only going to be 20 min. But i blink, and it has been hours.

BTW, i finally got a leg drop (minor upgrade with enchantment) doing blood shard gambling this morning. A nice surprise before i go to work.

I think that it is an awesome game when the only issue is that you want to play it too much. I do have one other issue though with D3 and one that is simple to fix: move the damned box in front of the forge in Act 1. It was in a better place originally. It seems like I have to get stuck on the box at least once every time I go in Act 1.

Originally posted by zymurgeist

I think that it is an awesome game when the only issue is that you want to play it too much. I do have one other issue though with D3 and one that is simple to fix: move the damned box in front of the forge in Act 1. It was in a better place originally. It seems like I have to get stuck on the box at least once every time I go in Act 1.

They're going to remove collision detection on it so you can walk over it. Yeah it's an unnecessary annoyance.

That is great news! I admit I don't have time to go to the official site since I am playing D3 so much at the moment. This is the only gaming site I am visiting to keep an eye on ESO. But really, who cares about ESO when there is D3 to play? image

That is great news! I admit I don't have time to go to the official site since I am playing D3 so much at the moment. This is the only gaming site I am visiting to keep an eye on ESO. But really, who cares about ESO when there is D3 to play? image

This .. i am certainly neglecting other games .. but not the Cap Am 2 movie though. That is a great movie.