Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Clause gone?

gothagotha Member UncommonPosts: 1,074

Is claus leaving?

Saw an emotional facebook post about returning to Norway.

Comments

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    got fired for drunkeness?
  • ilivesilives Member Posts: 418

Sadly, He was the only one with a clue and DFUW's last hope.

Claus saw the writing on the wall shortly after he returned in 10-13, best of luck to him.

For those wondering: Claus Grovdal was the Creative Director,Lead Designer and Producer for Darkfall. (Razorwax/AV)

"Hello friends, family,

It started as an idea in my head half a life ago, and it turned into a pioneering MMO that has been played by a few hundred thousand players, and a decent size international company. I am proud of that, and even though the price has been high (my closest ones have had to pay a lot, I am really sorry everyone), I don't regret anything. This was something I had to do for myself. And if you know me you understand.

Unless I am doing something impossible, chasing dreams that are unlikely to materialize, I am just not happy. I need to build a ladder to the moon. Raise a dragon. Or have a beer on a different planet. My mother never understood this drive in me, and it was a constant source of conflict between us unfortunately.

I have new ideas that with almost zero chance of success now, and I am excited for the fights ahead. Win or lose, it’s all about doing something you are passionate about, isn't it?

It’s hard not to feel emotional after 12 years in Greece. It’s been a struggle all along, but I am really happy I did it. I am a completely different person now than when I left (still completely crazy, but in a good way they say), and I don’t think this change would have happened if life was all smiles and happiness. If we don’t know the bad, how can we feel happy about the good, right?"

I am coming home my vikings!

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

Originally posted by Lustmord
    got fired for drunkeness?

His leaving couldn't have anything to do with AV not being able to make payroll and having financial trouble. image  You know the stuff he let slip during his interview in Oct 2013

"because they are out of money and owe debts all over town.
    With current subs, they are slowly dying, can't really pay their bills.

Think's game will keep running, and AV can get more money- But for the game to thrive, needs more players. Some developers aren't currently getting paid."

• gothagotha Member UncommonPosts: 1,074
     12 years is a good run
  • BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

As per Tasos himself:

Just to clear something up: Claus has not been active in Darkfall Unholy Wars development, as he has stated himself in the past.
    The recently initiated communication effort is a company-wide commitment we intend to sustain and improve indefinitely.

Originally posted by Badaboom

As per Tasos himself:

Just to clear something up: Claus has not been active in Darkfall Unholy Wars development, as he has stated himself in the past.
    The recently initiated communication effort is a company-wide commitment we intend to sustain and improve indefinitely.

Once again Tasos shows his inability to tell the truth, of course Claus WAS active in DFUW.  Fact is Claus was brought back to help DFUW in Oct 13.

...and AV locks the thread

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    Clause was a consultant with a contract lasting until Dec 2013, if I remember correctly from the livestream.
    Clause was a consultant with a contract lasting until Dec 2013, if I remember correctly from the livestream.

No, it was until Feb. (4 month)  

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Originally posted by ilives

No, it was until Feb. (4 month)  

What's your ign and clan?

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298
    Good.  We don't need Darkfall 1.0.  We need the jaded players to stop trashing the better game DFUW is becoming.  With the last core 1.0 developer gone the sky is the limit.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

Originally posted by -Zeno-
    Good.  We don't need Darkfall 1.0.  We need the jaded players to stop trashing the better game DFUW is becoming.  With the last core 1.0 developer gone the sky is the limit.

Funny...You were claiming Claus was going to be DFUW's savior. LOL image

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5992038#5992038

" Claus is the savior of Darkfall; it only takes you to believe that first"

"Claus is back.  He was one of the original developers of Darkfall 1.0.  If he wasn't there DF1.0 wouldn't exist.  Having him work on DFUW is a huge asset.  However, without the player there is no game.  If he is the savior of DFUW but you don't believe in him then the most unique game on the market will die and all we will be left with are EQ clones like World of Warcraft.  If there is any time to re-sub to the game or buy it for the first time that time is now."

"Support Darkfall Development!  Subscribe in the name of Claus!"

Lulz