Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Being Charged 14.99 Up front Beforre 30 Days???

1234568»

Comments

• veratutazzveratutazz Member UncommonPosts: 136
    Originally posted by ilives
    Originally posted by Protunia

Pre charging $14.99 is not normal at all so just stop protecting this mistake they made and feeding this fire...lol!

It's not a pre-charge!!!image   Are you people new to credit card use?

Missing the point IMHO.

Who cares if they actually charge.

How can they not allow us access to the game at the present time for any reason whatsoever?

Maybe I am on vacation and my credit card is 2 hours away.

I have paid for the gameplay of the next 30 days.. but cannot sign on because I cannot produce a payment type atm

Oh, and.. btw.. I use Discover Card.

Locked out of gameplay I have already purchased.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Vannor
    What's the problem? Get a refund.. mistakes happen. As for needing to provide a payment source upfront, that's normal for MMOs with a mature rating. In fact, it's a legal requirement that they have to fulfil. It's not up to them.

That can't be true you need none for AOC.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• ilivesilives Member Posts: 418
    Originally posted by veratutazz
    Originally posted by Protunia

Pre charging $14.99 is not normal at all so just stop protecting this mistake they made and feeding this fire...lol!

It's not a pre-charge!!!image   Are you people new to credit card use?

Missing the point IMHO.

Who cares if they actually charge.

How can they not allow us access to the game at the present time for any reason whatsoever?

Maybe I am on vacation and my credit card is 2 hours away.

I have paid for the gameplay of the next 30 days.. but cannot sign on because I cannot produce a payment type atm

Oh, and.. btw.. I use Discover Card.

Locked out of gameplay I have already purchased.

Umm... Why would you go anywhere without your credit card, let alone vacation?

Try reading the "box" next time.

30 DAYS UNLIMITED GAME PLAY INCLUDED WITH PURCHASE. VALID PAYMENT METHOD OR PAID GAME TIME CARD FOR SUBSCRIPTION AND PERSISTENT INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED.

The 30 days of unlimited game play begins when you select your preferred subscription plan on store.elderscrollsonline.com. Subscription fees only charged for game access after the first 30 days, subject to cancellation by you at any time.

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

What's the problem? Get a refund.. mistakes happen. As for needing to provide a payment source upfront, that's normal for MMOs with a mature rating. In fact, it's a legal requirement that they have to fulfil. It's not up to them.

Paid for the digital version on their site. Didnt need it for beta which I assume was mature too?  Seriously?

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Paid for the digital version on their site. Didnt need it for beta which I assume was mature too?  Seriously?

That's true.. at least that used to be the case. My bad.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

That's true.. at least that used to be the case. My bad.

You're just thinking of old Pron sites :P I kid I kid

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

30 DAYS UNLIMITED GAME PLAY INCLUDED WITH PURCHASE. VALID PAYMENT METHOD OR PAID GAME TIME CARD FOR SUBSCRIPTION AND PERSISTENT INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED.

This logic might be sound if they asked for it on day one of early access.. but.. seriously? So.. what, exactly, is the reasoning for turning it on today? Beginning of 30 days? 

Im just saying ...

This logic might be sound if they asked for it on day one of early access.. but.. seriously? So.. what, exactly, is the reasoning for turning it on today? Beginning of 30 days? 

Im just saying ...

Why is irrelevant, you agreed to the terms.

BTW, I pre-ordered directly from ESO and didn't have to enter a credit card for my sub.

• PanthienPanthien Member UncommonPosts: 559

Im just saying ...

Most logical gues.. today is the actual release date. And for some day their system took the early access days as time remaining instead of 30+X days.

• CeldrynCeldryn Member Posts: 84
    After reading the first couple of pages of this I went ahead and setup my sub...Got a receipt for a 0.00 dollar transaction and I was informed I'd be billed on May 4th. Sounds like a simple error. I'd submit a ticket.
    Originally posted by Panthien

Im just saying ...

Most logical gues.. today is the actual release date. And for some day their system took the early access days as time remaining instead of 30+X days.

Why would you assume you'd get extra, it clearly says 30 days.

Im just saying ...

Okey I underlined something for you.

The game overlooked the 30days part for early access players , So instead of giving X days (depending on when they activated during early access) + 30, they had X days.

Im just saying ...

The game overlooked the 30days part for early access players , So instead of giving X days (depending on when they activated during early access) + 30, they had X days.

...again why would you assume early access would get extra days?

• NephelaiNephelai Member UncommonPosts: 185

Why cant you people just manage your shit without running to all an sundry and having a big cry? Its $15, just sort it yourself and leave us out of it. I can only imagine how you behave when something significant goes wrong in your life.

Im just saying ...

Why is irrelevant, you agreed to the terms.

BTW, I pre-ordered directly from ESO and didn't have to enter a credit card for my sub.

Interesting. I pre-ordered and purchased game direct from ESO's website.

Im just saying ...

...again why would you assume early access would get extra days?

you are joking right?

Early access days.. wasnt it upto 5 (extra) days before the game goes live?  And then 30 days, so they had upto 5 extra days before their 30 days start

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    As many others have stated and linked to, it's an auth charge.
This discussion has been closed.