Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game is immersive

2»

Comments

• gonewildgonewild Member UncommonPosts: 136
    Originally posted by Nacario

if ur into immersion u should def try out this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/1zsxmk/my_sweetfx_preset/

Thanks buddy

I used to use sweet fx with my old tn panel but then i bought an ips 21:9 monitor so everything looks very accurate now :)

By the way 21:9 monitors kick ass

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by Teala
    Really.  You find not being able to interact with the environment as immersive.   

Sorry to disappoint you but the Matrix is never going to be real.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • AtrigoAtrigo Member Posts: 44
    Originally posted by Tamanous

I spent some time tweaking sound levels and must admit it has been a hella long time since I felt really immersed into a game like this. I turned music off completely as I've never understood why my character has some sort of invisible mp3 player in game. It only distracts from what is actually happening in game. Ambient is set to max. Affects to about 50% (default is WAY too loud). Foot steps to about 85% and voice 65% (again default is too loud, whereas Swtor voice was barely loud enough to hear at all). I use an aged but very good 5.1 system with a surprisingly good sub woofer for the money.

The sound really stands out this way. I hear footsteps coming and going, sounds of nature or towns all around me and when it rains in game thunder hits the sound of thunder is so loud it shakes the room I am in. Simply standing around listening to nature and birds is rather nice and when combat occurs the sounds of spells and attacks stand out far more without music getting in the way.

The sound in game is top notch if only you allow it to take over. Those who listen to music while ignoring most of game sounds miss out so much I wonder why they even play an rpg type game.

I'm actually going to try this with my headphones when I decide to jump in a few weeks. Great idea. 

• gelraengelraen Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Originally posted by Atrigo

I spent some time tweaking sound levels and must admit it has been a hella long time since I felt really immersed into a game like this. I turned music off completely as I've never understood why my character has some sort of invisible mp3 player in game. It only distracts from what is actually happening in game. Ambient is set to max. Affects to about 50% (default is WAY too loud). Foot steps to about 85% and voice 65% (again default is too loud, whereas Swtor voice was barely loud enough to hear at all). I use an aged but very good 5.1 system with a surprisingly good sub woofer for the money.

The sound really stands out this way. I hear footsteps coming and going, sounds of nature or towns all around me and when it rains in game thunder hits the sound of thunder is so loud it shakes the room I am in. Simply standing around listening to nature and birds is rather nice and when combat occurs the sounds of spells and attacks stand out far more without music getting in the way.

The sound in game is top notch if only you allow it to take over. Those who listen to music while ignoring most of game sounds miss out so much I wonder why they even play an rpg type game.

I'm actually going to try this with my headphones when I decide to jump in a few weeks. Great idea. 

Me as well :)  I'd thought about tweaking the ambient up yesterday, but definitely going to try it now. 

I'd really agree with the OP, there is a big immersion factor in this MMO.  The world, once you start to explore it, has a lot of great depth and thought in the design.  

• gonewildgonewild Member UncommonPosts: 136
    Originally posted by Atrigo

You should definitely go with headphones

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    Originally posted by Hrotha
    When you exclude the tons of bugs, play Blindman's Bluff, then yes.

When you "INCLUDE" the tons of bugs that happen at all launches....

Fixed that for you. No Blind Man's Bluff...cept for some bad parenting....

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Its been a long time since i could enjoy both sides of an mmo.
    Even tough the questing is mostly old style on rails, it offers immersion on a new level.
    I sometimes just walk and walk and get totaly carried away and find new stuff.
    Find a cave or solo dungeons and sneak around killing stuff, sometimes i explore for an hour before i think DAMN i need to get this quest done !

Cyrodill pvp, with my guild Magikal we always have a group going, 5 to 30 people always on.
    Awesome small gang pvp or deffending our keeps / farms or just disrupt their reinforcement who want to get back in the action.
    Lots of PVE inside that zone also.
    The sneaking around is one of the best parts in pvp, you could see a group disapear and your off to hunt them down with your group.

You spot one and you open up or set up a bait :)
    Everything in this game breaths immersion.
    Dungeons are awesome to, they look ridiculous on Ultra settings !

Job well done Zenimax !

There are bugs, yes its an mmo and its an Elder Scroll game :)
    But nothing to worry about unless your that doomsayer who wants every mmo to fail.
    And there are plenty of those these days lurking around forums to bash anything a guy may like to play.

All and all i give this mmo a 9/10, it beats the crap out of anything i played before.
    And i am not easily impressed.

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325

Would be even better if NPC moved around doing their own stuff like they do in GW2, in GW2 for an example you can see kids playing around laughing joking around, you can even follow a NPC go down to the river do some fishing and follow him back so you can see him cook the fish.

Those things don't really exist in ESO which I find really sad, the world feels static other than that I do enjoy playing ESO.

• o-breedo-breed Member CommonPosts: 51
    Originally posted by Maurgrim

Would be even better if NPC moved around doing their own stuff like they do in GW2, in GW2 for an example you can see kids playing around laughing joking around, you can even follow a NPC go down to the river do some fishing and follow him back so you can see him cook the fish.

Those things don't really exist in ESO which I find really sad, the world feels static other than that I do enjoy playing ESO.

Sometimes a vendor just turnes around and walks some steps arround his shop. Hard to click then. I like that. My sense of humor.

• zipitzipit Member Posts: 487

Hi people.

I needed a password reset just to log in here- yeah it's been that long since I've graced these halls. I hail from a long-dead breed of vets from a long-forgotten game, that spawned  a feud and rift between elements within the gaming community and a certain mmorpg company.

I haven't played a mmorpg in a long time. RL obligations and such. I was glad I dodged the SWToR wreck, saddened that alot got burned on that one. I've checked this and other forums regularly about ESO and seen about 2-3 hrs of youtube videos about ESO PvP, community, crafting etc. and yesterday I saw another vid where the general chitchat caught my attention.

The text combat log took me back. no smartmouthing, no disinterested talk. Just totally relevant and friendly heads up to people about tactics, who's moving where and how many. Melee classes protecting archers and spellcasters instead of going into zerg mode. Archers not extending their attack range, realizing their warriors can only do so much...damn' :-). It all came together in that single battle:-).

If just 45% of people are like that, subscription, here I come!