Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

can not login, error 201

HikaruuHikaruu Member CommonPosts: 103
when i get to login screen, i keep getting error 201. All their website says it connectivity issue between me and server. I have a 30mbps connection so i doubt that's the problem. Have tried repairing and reinstalling, anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• intiorizedintiorized Member UncommonPosts: 143

Firewall enabled? Maybe try it off for now to test it. Restart your router.

http://www.northlanders.rocks

1st German Crowfall Guild

• ArndushArndush Member Posts: 303
    Originally posted by Hikaruu
    when i get to login screen, i keep getting error 201. All their website says it connectivity issue between me and server. I have a 30mbps connection so i doubt that's the problem. Have tried repairing and reinstalling, anyone have any ideas?

Are you a 5 day head start preorder or 3 day? If you're a 3 day, that's understandable. You should be able to login fine tomorrow. If not, I got nothing. Sorry I can't be more help.

• HikaruuHikaruu Member CommonPosts: 103

interiorized, i feel stupid for not trying that already, but it did not fix the problem :(

arndush, i'm a 5 day head start, so i don't know either

• NinjazahNinjazah Member Posts: 3
    Try to launch the .exe inside the ESO folder.  Your shortcut may have issues launching the game (if you haven't tried that already)
    Originally posted by Ninjazah
    Try to launch the .exe inside the ESO folder.  Your shortcut may have issues launching the game (if you haven't tried that already)

still no go :/ it even says "could not retreive announcements" when game starts up

• NinjazahNinjazah Member Posts: 3

Sorry to hear that :(  

There was a post by ZeniMax stating they are aware of the issue and are trying to get a fix in.

• PyatraPyatra Member Posts: 644
    Do you use a proxy, if so that's the problem.  Add ESO and an exception to your firewall.  If its a laptop try to use it somewhere else to see if it's your connection or your computer.  Try to use the repair function if all else fails.  Also turn off the Windows UAC or whatever security "Clippy" is called.
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Not sure but have you filled out an subscription yet ? How your gonna pay after 30 days game time.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Elsabolts
    Not sure but have you filled out an subscription yet ? How your gonna pay after 30 days game time.

First OP: Are you using the "launcher" or the .exe?

"201 Authentication Failed.

Players are recieving this message because either they aren't using the correct username to log in, or because their username contains a special character. Please try requesting your user name from the login screen.

Search on  http://teso.mmorpg-life.com/ for full list of error codes"

About putting in a subscription. While I am not on the 5 day head start my code enabled my 3 day headstart in my accout settings. But I can not find any other settings/tabs to place a sub-fee. Think once I get the full game I get a new code that will enable me to place my payment options?

Originally posted by Reklaw
    Originally posted by Elsabolts

First OP: Are you using the "launcher" or the .exe?

"201 Authentication Failed.

Players are recieving this message because either they aren't using the correct username to log in, or because their username contains a special character. Please try requesting your user name from the login screen.

Search on  http://teso.mmorpg-life.com/ for full list of error codes"

About putting in a subscription. While I am not on the 5 day head start my code enabled my 3 day headstart in my accout settings. But I can not find any other settings/tabs to place a sub-fee. Think once I get the full game I get a new code that will enable me to place my payment options?

i have tried using both. I've now disabled firewalls, set them and antivirus to allow the game and launcher. repaired, reinstalled. I know my username is right because I've used it to log onto the website

bump

I know maint is going on right now, but I still can't do anything from my laptop, works on desktop though. I tried completely redownloading and installing again  (took all day to dl, I guess servers were packed for start of 3day headstart). tried everything thats been mentioned in this thread so far.

I still get error 201, announcements don't even show up. anyone have any additional things I could try?

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

I had the same error this morning, 201, 

after 3 times i got comnected..  the 201 meaning there was no connection at all, and my internet being very reliable, got me to believe their login servers are under heavy pressure, ore ven worse being attacked by hackers, could very well be a DNS attack.

after getting connected i played withouth any problems whats so ever.

the more i think about, the more i am getting convinced login servers are being attacked

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

I had the same error this morning, 201, 

after 3 times i got comnected..  the 201 meaning there was no connection at all, and my internet being very reliable, got me to believe their login servers are under heavy pressure, ore ven worse being attacked by hackers, could very well be a DNS attack.

after getting connected i played withouth any problems whats so ever.

the more i think about, the more i am getting convinced login servers are being attacked

while I'm glad you were able to get in, I've been trying on that laptop since 5 day headstart began. @1 point I tried over and over for over an hour so I don't think that's going to work for me

• EiadoEiado Member UncommonPosts: 20
    I had same issue. I was going  from shortcut. I tried firewall and then ran as administrator and it worked for me. Hope it will for you