Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

And its down again...

NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392
U.S. server just went down again. No mention of an estimated amount of time.

Comments

• BoreilBoreil Member UncommonPosts: 448

What do you mean again, its been open about 3 days and has been down an hour at the most, give me a break bro haha.

And yes they anounced it , said ti would be an our, last downtime was 10 minuts.

• Moar61Moar61 Member UncommonPosts: 260

Well to be fair they did warn us about this one. 2am here anyways so time for bed!

Almost became Emperor tonight... almost.

• chakalakachakalaka Member UncommonPosts: 291
    Yea little sad but not too bad as I will be playing all night N day baby but just about to hit 8 and a build is coming together. It's getting really really fun. Gives me a moment to get munchies again...
  • cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    they said its for the bugged balroth quest along with a few others and a cyrodiil exploit fix
  • LuposDavalteLuposDavalte Member UncommonPosts: 91

This has probably been the smoothest MMO launch I've been part of.  A small amount of downtime to fix a few bugs is completely reasonable at 2am.

Loving the game so far.

• NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Originally posted by Boreil

What do you mean again, its been open about 3 days and has been down an hour at the most, give me a break bro haha.

And yes they anounced it , said ti would be an our, last downtime was 10 minuts.

I said "AGAIN" because it is my understanding they were taken off line this morning also. If they weren't, then sorry for ruffling your feathers...

I wasn't hating on ZoS, just posting this to let others know the server is down atm.

• MerklynnMerklynn Member UncommonPosts: 100
    I was playing about 3hrs with my Khajit Nightblade Tues. morning when I was just about to search a cabinet and -poof- back to login screen with error I didn't have permission to be on that server..saw the maintenance memo & decided to log. Everything was smooth up to that and has been really good for me so far. You need to expect unscheduled repairs especially now since we're getting so close to Fridays official launch.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Yeah. Up for 66.5 hours and down for 1.5 so far... it's a travesty, I tell ya!
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• chakalakachakalaka Member UncommonPosts: 291
    Originally posted by DMKano

Official Maint update page:

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail2/a_id/4320

Ty very much DMK! I'm patient but very very excited about playing right now. My DK is starting to get exciting.

• TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Was right in the middle of being crowned Emperor, too image Lol jk!
    Isaiah 41:10
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by LuposDavalte

This has probably been the smoothest MMO launch I've been part of.  A small amount of downtime to fix a few bugs is completely reasonable at 2am.

Loving the game so far.

You didn't play other MMO's much then?

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

Originally posted by Iselin

Lol - yes - the updates have been fast, but again they have to be as when you bring the megaserver down, you're blocking the entire US or EU playerbase.

I'd rather take the outages and have the game bugs fixed, that not and have a broken game - so no question there.

Yeah. The bad news are that there are still quest phasing bugs...

The good news is that I've been able to get through them all by one or two re-logs into a different phase.

All in all, compared to all the other launches I've been involved in, the down time (and I include queues in other games in that) as a % of total time has been stupendous.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103

Seen that lag bug again, on a few instances while instance hopping for mining.  I think they are probably fixing that right now.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by Knotwood

Seen that lag bug again, on a few instances while instance hopping for mining.  I think they are probably fixing that right now.

OK if everything is just a guess, I'd say they are fixing bugs (with a buggy release),  or cash-shop issues when buying the horse.

The horse is important to some, so don't even try to pretend it isn't :P

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

it's just launch, all these issues will get worked out.

still a pretty good launch overall IMO

Lol - yes - the updates have been fast, but again they have to be as when you bring the megaserver down, you're blocking the entire US or EU playerbase.

I'd rather take the outages and have the game bugs fixed, that not and have a broken game - so no question there.

The good news is that I've been able to get through them all by one or two re-logs into a different phase.

All in all, compared to all the other launches I've been involved in, the down time (and I include queues in other games in that) as a % of total time has been stupendous.

I am yet to run into a phased quest bug since the first maintenance from this morning - the rise of brothers quest (this one was just busted - not a single instance had working NPCs - confirmed on official forums) was fixed for me, and 3 other broken EP quests.

/fingers crossed

ESO - very fun when everything works, and SOOO frustrating when you do a long quest chain and then the last portion - the damn quest is broken.. GRRRRR!

And then you play the "logout and log back in hoping to hit a working instance" game  - not exactly fun.

No, not fun at all. I agree. But then again having a work around is much better than the quests in other games that were just broken and couldn't be done at all until ether a patch or a full server restart (as in the broken things in GW2.)

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Loving the game so far.

I would have to say Rift has that crown - at least their rifts worked

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

Same here.  I've also fallen through the world twice,  something thats never happened before.  One I had to die as a relog didn't fix it.  Also 'The Lady' shrine for armor buff needed three logouts for two characters before it would work.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Originally posted by Asheram

Loving the game so far.

Lol...how soon we forget: http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/02/25/rifts-headstart-is-standing-room-only/

To almost no one's surprise, Trion's RIFT head-start was an exercise in multitasking for many would-be players. MMO launch-day veterans are probably familiar with the one-eye-on-the-queue and one-eye-on-something-more-productive routine by now, but for everyone else, the fact that a good portion of the day was spent not playing RIFT was a bit frustrating.

In some cases, estimated wait times approached 15 hours (though in fairness to the folks at Trion, the counters did fluctuate quite a bit). Demand was so great that a whopping 13 additional servers were addedaround noon, with 10 more going up as the day wore on.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213
    Giving me time to finally take a break and cook up some dinner.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788

The game hasn't even launched yet...

I'd pay money to see some of you guys back during WoW's first 6 months.

You make me like charity

• LuposDavalteLuposDavalte Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Originally posted by Karteli

Loving the game so far.

You didn't play other MMO's much then?

Don't be a twat. I've been playing MMO's since Ultima Online beta.... I don't need to through my MMO resume down, there is no denying this has been a promising launch.

• movindudemovindude Member UncommonPosts: 127
    im betting they will need a few more servers. Its going to get crowded fast in the next few days.
  • BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by asmkm22

The game hasn't even launched yet...

I'd pay money to see some of you guys back during WoW's first 6 months.

I don't mind maintenance as long stuff is fixed but stop using WOW as an example. It was almost 9 years ago and we have come a long way since then in terms technology and hardware.

Originally posted by Asheram

Loving the game so far.

Lol...how soon we forget: http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/02/25/rifts-headstart-is-standing-room-only/

To almost no one's surprise, Trion's RIFT head-start was an exercise in multitasking for many would-be players. MMO launch-day veterans are probably familiar with the one-eye-on-the-queue and one-eye-on-something-more-productive routine by now, but for everyone else, the fact that a good portion of the day was spent not playing RIFT was a bit frustrating.

In some cases, estimated wait times approached 15 hours (though in fairness to the folks at Trion, the counters did fluctuate quite a bit). Demand was so great that a whopping 13 additional servers were addedaround noon, with 10 more going up as the day wore on.

Oh c'mon now.

Rift - standard shard deployment - so what % of playerbase waited for 15 hours? Some really tiny % - those players that were logged in and playing the entire time never even knew that there were queues happening for other players.

I played early access and launch in Rift - there was one 15min outage to fix the Turtle mount bug - and that's it - my server up was the entire time for the first week.

Again once the individual servers were brought down in Rfit - they would do rolling shard updates for emergency fixes - instead of bringing all servers down at once (equivalant of megaserver going down).

Again other than the turtle mount bug - there were no full  "all servers down" outages in Rift during launch week.

Well you were lucky. I was there too in a very popular PVP server and you logged out at your own risk during early access. I still remember people auto-running into walls deliberately to prevent inactivity boot-outs when they were afk for extended periods.

I never had to wait 15 hours (lol,,,trust massively to find the most extreme example) or anything close to it but I was in queues for at least 6-8 hours total in the first few days... and there were several unscheduled down-times mostly to plug gold exploits.

It WAS remarkably bug-free and they get big kudos for that. But it wasn't all rainbows and ponies.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED