Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So how long is it taking YOU to level?

CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130

Just to quell some of the talk of "low" content, etc. due to the levelling speed of the "First Emperor of Cyrodiil", I wanted to try to generate a better sampling of what others are experiencing. 

Personally, I only have about 5 hours into it at this point, but I'm only level 7. IMO, that's a pretty steep curve to begin a game. I mean I'm pretty sure that's like 1 quest in many games, lol, certainly less than an hour in many. I'm interested to know what the experience curve is like and how it ramps up later on. 

I mean I've been poking around trying to find places, trying to figure out how to do stuff, yada, yada, but the levelling still seems low compared to the majority of games out there today (that's a good thing btw). Just wondering what everyone else is finding with it. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
----------------

Comments

• tryklontryklon Member UncommonPosts: 1,370

After 2 days, playing 3 or 4 hours per day, im level 8, almost 9. 

I like to read and hear all quests and understand what Im doing and why im doing it. Thats what interests me in games, story and lore.

But yes, I think that leveling takes longer in this game than others. In WoW for example, you do a dungeon in 15 you go all the way to 17 in 15 minutes

• intiorizedintiorized Member UncommonPosts: 143
    Originally posted by CrazKanuk

Just to quell some of the talk of "low" content, etc. due to the levelling speed of the "First Emperor of Cyrodiil", I wanted to try to generate a better sampling of what others are experiencing. 

Personally, I only have about 5 hours into it at this point, but I'm only level 7. IMO, that's a pretty steep curve to begin a game. I mean I'm pretty sure that's like 1 quest in many games, lol, certainly less than an hour in many. I'm interested to know what the experience curve is like and how it ramps up later on. 

I mean I've been poking around trying to find places, trying to figure out how to do stuff, yada, yada, but the levelling still seems low compared to the majority of games out there today (that's a good thing btw). Just wondering what everyone else is finding with it. 

16 hours played, lvl 10

http://www.northlanders.rocks

1st German Crowfall Guild

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003

Not sure how I would figure out hours but in my second day playing I'm halfway through 17 to 18.

edit: 1 day 5 hours played.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    2 days playing, level....7. Yeah, I'm slow I know.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• sirphobossirphobos Member UncommonPosts: 620
    I've put in about 18 hours so far and am level 15. In that time in addition to just leveling I've also spent some time gathering Skyshards, explored the PvP area a bit, and spent a good chunk of time wiping on the first dungeon before finally completing it with a decent group.
  • Nightbringe1Nightbringe1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,335

If your complaining about slow leveling, read this thread.

People are hitting max level in under 24 hours.

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
    Benjamin Franklin

• RandomCasualtyRandomCasualty Member UncommonPosts: 327

Started at 3:30 AM and played on and off until 9PM (wife dogs, kids /sigh) on the Sunday

So call it 12 hrs. Hit Level 8 and 4 in crafting. Loving the chill reading of books snooping around a new world and figuring stuff out.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    I have 2 hours played and I am level 3 :D

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by Nightbringe1

If your complaining about slow leveling, read this thread.

People are hitting max level in under 24 hours.

No, not complaining at all, I am actually finding the experience pretty refreshing. I'm in no rush at all. I just want to debunk any of those myths that the fast levelling being claimed by a few people isn't a result of a lack of content. There's plenty in there to do based on what I've seen, and it looks like many people are finding the same as me. This thread is a no complaining zone :)

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• Brisky29Brisky29 Member Posts: 65
    Roughly 7-8 hours so far and I am level 7. I do so much random wandering and exploring every nook and cranny i'm going slow....but its all about the journey right!? Loving it so far. 
  • CeldrynCeldryn Member Posts: 84
    I've got 23 hours played... level 16 haha. I'm leaving no stone un-turned though :)
  • comptech81comptech81 Member Posts: 2
    Yes it does take longer to level in this game than in other MMO's. I am completely okay with this and actually think it is one of the things that make this such a good game. Many players these days are in such a rush to reach max level that they don't enjoy the rest of the content. I really hope the community doesn't push to change this aspect of ESO. Slow down and enjoy the entire game. You don't need to hit level 50 in the first week.
  • stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

8 hours played so far. Level 8

I love the pace of this game. Exploring the world at my own pace and just doing whatever I feel like is fun. 

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

I've got about 25-30 hrs put into this puppy (7am-11pm day 1, 8am-6pm day 2).  I've got a Level 9, 8, 5 in different factions.  My highest profession is 15 for cooking.  I also have a 10 enchant, 8 alchemy, 8ish BS.

Nothing to major yet.  

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

What I really love is not seeing that anoying XP bar inscreeen.

In Beta that "Ding" actually suprised me. And yeah also like the slower leveling. Though mainly speaking from beta expeiance.

Only 43 minutes played in my 3day headstart and in that time only came out of the Waling prison.

• Dudek28Dudek28 Member UncommonPosts: 226
    Im approx. 15 hours played and im level 9. This is the first MMO where Im really loving exploration! I feel the need to explore and I enjoy it a lot! I wish I had more time to play stupid work is getting in the way!
  • CalkrowCalkrow Member UncommonPosts: 92

On my 'main' I've 20.5 hours played at half way through level 8...I'm loving it.

Forum Post count does not = Game Intelligence or Knowledge  it just shows how often people like to talk.
  • bmw66bmw66 Member UncommonPosts: 141
    5 hrs played - lvl 8
  • ArndushArndush Member Posts: 303
    2 days, 14 hours total, a smidge away from level 11. I just couldn't keep my eyes open for one more quest last night. I could have been much hire but I've done a lot of crafting and exploring too.
  • NebellNebell Member UncommonPosts: 34

I'm level 8, and I've had the 5 days early access. Granted I work full time and leveled up two characters to 7 before this, but still, it is slow. I hate that to be honest. Slow leveling takes the feeling of RPG progress away for me. I need fast leveling to have something to look forward to.

Then again I was never TES fan, I just loved the visuals, I never finished any of them (but I did freaking explore every corner of Fallout 3 & NV).

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

It will take me some time. I am doing a vagabond game play style with my Argonian. He rarely visits cities. I wonder around collecting herbs, looking for chests and interesting places and only do quests when I come across them. Mainly though I only have limited time to play.

It amazes me the number of video game players who have nearly no commitments in life and think social interaction is talking to people online instead of associating with real human beings locally in their own community. I guess this is part of why big cities are little more than masses of people ignoring or bitching at each other. I came from smaller town where people give a shit about those around them.

You stay sassy!

• keenberkeenber Member UncommonPosts: 438
    20 plus hours and have just dinged Level 8 . Loving every min of it . Zero crash but had to do a /reloadui a few times late on which seems to get badder the longer you are logged on so I am guessing its a memory problem which is cured by restarting your computer. 
  • superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871

I like to take my time. I listen to all the voice acting, try to read the lorebooks, etc. I am one of the slowest to progress but who cares anyway, I'm with this game for the long haul.

• SjorAndSkySjorAndSky Member UncommonPosts: 24

It's really all a matter of your style of play. If your one of those guys who skips all the dialogue, rushes through the content, and grinds it with a predetermined goal of getting maxed out fast, you can get their quickly.

However if you take the time to really soak in this beautiful world they have laid out for us, immerse your self in the lore, and the stories to be told, and enjoy the JOURNEY, rather then rush to the Destination, it will go at a much slower, but still nice and rewarding pace.

Not that theirs anything wrong with the former style, just I'd highly suggest taking your time and enjoying this great game, and watching your character grow alongside the people and factions you help.

• Eol-Eol- Member UncommonPosts: 274
    I hit level 10 today, but I am playing along side my son and leveling with him, so that limits my time quite a bit. Actually though its nice to enjoy the quests and not rush. Its not like there wont be plenty of time at level 50 for endgame stuff.

Elladan - ESO (AD)
    Camring - SWTOR (Ebon Hawk)
    Eol & Justinian - Rift (Faeblight)
    Ceol and Duri - LotRO (Landroval)
    Kili - WoW
    Eol - Lineage 2
    Camring - SWG
    Justinian (Nimue), Camring - DAoC